Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SF Question

Quote Originally Posted by voopster View Post
    Could Terrance Jones play SF at 6'9" 252? He seems to have a capable outside shot and decent handles to get to the rim when I watch but do not know his stats, advanced or otherwise. He passes the eyeball test for me and wished we had picked him 10th. Seems to have high BB IQ but never got many minutes in the rotation.

He obviously played with AD at Big Blue. He of course is not a free agent and while rosters are ever-changing, Rockets have or had a number of forwards.
    I think he could yes, he has the athleticism and quickness to defend 3's but his better position is PF

I'm starting to get the impression that Reke will be starting next year NEXT to Gordon...

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I'm starting to get the impression that Reke will be starting next year NEXT to Gordon...
    I'll take a friendly wager on that. I think it will be a guy we sign within the next week. Reke comes off bench and kills it, like he was doing in December with Ryno. He might finish next to Gordon, but I say someone else starts
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'll take a friendly wager on that. I think it will be a guy we sign within the next week. Reke comes off bench and kills it, like he was doing in December with Ryno. He might finish next to Gordon, but I say someone else starts
    Now you're just trolling us haha. More hints!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    You sound somewhat confident. I'm curious now.

Tbh I don't like the Idea of Evans coming off the bench, he was way better as a starter
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Tbh I don't like the Idea of Evans coming off the bench, he was way better as a starter
    Cosigned

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    $1000, go!

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    You sound somewhat confident. I'm curious now.
    I am.

And people should research more about Reke off the bench (when Pels were healthy) vs. Reke as a starter. It's not as simple as saying that he is better as a starter. Not really accurate.

World peace?

I am.

And people should research more about Reke off the bench (when Pels were healthy) vs. Reke as a starter. It's not as simple as saying that he is better as a starter. Not really accurate.
    I'd rather not gamble on everyone being healthy this year.

Really, it's just Ryno.

The issue with Reke last year was when he was on the court with Aminu and Stiemsma. Not whether he is a starter or not. And guess what?

Aminu and Stiemsma are gone!!!!!!!

So tyreke and AD played great together and earned his spot as a starter but it still goes to Gordon by default? The guy who makes the team worse doesn't play better with anybody and needs tons of touches. I'm not getting how this is a good idea.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    World peace?
    I was thinking Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    So tyreke and AD played great together and earned his spot as a starter but it still goes to Gordon by default? The guy who makes the team worse doesn't play better with anybody and needs tons of touches. I'm not getting how this is a good idea.
    The philosophy is that having Asik back there covers a lot of Gordon's deficiencies. Also, the shooting at the other three positions is a little more important when you have Asik on the court (as opposed to AD and Ryno). Lastly, I know people will never get over this, but starting is just not that important. At least it is not AS IMPORTANT as minutes and finishing.

If Gordon were going to get more minutes than Reke, then I think we should raise some stink. Starting? I'm sorry, but Who Cares? Minutes and finishing are far more important to me.

question: why cant the bucks spot us a SF? that's 4 players i'd start with our first team (even delfino)

jabari parker
    kris middleton
    carlos delfino
    Giannis Antetokounmpo
    damien ingles

chris wright

i hate to use the word, but I dont like the 'spacing' with Reke at SF; when he initiates the offense it will be better though.

I agree with ya boy. we will have some new dude in a week (and nobody will have mentioned him ever)

I'd love to get Ingles, but we have no assets to send them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd love to get Ingles, but we have no assets to send them.
    If Young keeps showing out, Would you feel comfortable swapping Withey or Ajinca for a young SF like that? I would be open to it.

Going to beat my own drum a bit on Tyreke coming off the bench.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/4/...s-season-recap

I really, REALLY recommend anyone who thinks Evans cannot come off the bench to go read that. Or just skip down to "Four Tyrekes" Section. His per minute production was better when Ryan Anderson was healthy than when he started. Monty needs to improve on how he does rotations (so Tyreke gets his minutes, and people get their counting stats) but Tyreke was efficient and effective off the bench.

Any bet on the 23 games as a starter as the be all, end all of peak Tyreke needs to stop. He had a stretch of 20 excellent games with more scoring, more assists, more rebounds, and a better assist-to-turnover ratio when he was the 6th man and Ryan Anderson was available. The difference in sample size between 20 and 23 games is negligible at best.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Going to beat my own drum a bit on Tyreke coming off the bench.

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2014/4/...s-season-recap

I really, REALLY recommend anyone who thinks Evans cannot come off the bench to go read that. Or just skip down to "Four Tyrekes" Section. His per minute production was better when Ryan Anderson was healthy than when he started. Monty needs to improve on how he does rotations (so Tyreke gets his minutes, and people get their counting stats) but Tyreke was efficient and effective off the bench.

Any bet on the 23 games as a starter as the be all, end all of peak Tyreke needs to stop. He had a stretch of 20 excellent games with more scoring, more assists, more rebounds, and a better assist-to-turnover ratio when he was the 6th man and Ryan Anderson was available. The difference in sample size between 20 and 23 games is negligible at best.
    It's not that it's the fact he's earned that spot. What has Gordon to show he should start over Reke? Cry about touches, stop playing in the second half, and become a liability on defense.

SF Question

If Young keeps showing out, Would you feel comfortable swapping Withey or Ajinca for a young SF like that? I would be open to it.
    Absolutely I would. I'd hate to get rid of but because I'd like to keep 4/5 bigs on the roster but is without a doubt give up either for a young SF like Ingles.

Btw, Typing Damien Ingles helped me to realize. . .

Joe Ingles COMEONDOWN. At this point can you even be upset if we grabbed him for a minimum MM?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-12-2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: yes

if we could trade withey for middleton i'd do it without blinking.

what about shawn marion? dallas seems to get parsons and marion is a vet who still plays solid defense! would not really be a three point thread but if you would split minutes between him, miller and babbitt?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetler View Post
    what about shawn marion? dallas seems to get parsons and marion is a vet who still plays solid defense! would not really be a three point thread but if you would split minutes between him, miller and babbitt?
    He's probably going back to Dallas unless they snatch Deng from Miami.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information