Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not one to gossip, but...Trade w/ Wolves?!?

Moute and Martin needs to happen

1-6

So does K. Martin, Corey Brewer and the draft rights to Glenn Robinson III for Eric Gordon sound right to anyone else, or have i just conjured up the looney toons' realm.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I hate Kevin Martin's game... and he don't play ANY defense. But if getting him means we can shed some salary to absorb Asik without giving up Ryno or Rivers, then I'll welcome KMart with open arms.
    I still say it's important that if Martin WANTS to play here, then that's something. Gordon doesn't wanna be here. As important as finances are in the NBA, I'd still rather have a guy who wants to be here than a guy who doesn't.

If they feel they can dump Martin and Budinger for a shorter contract in Gordon who might opt out or who the potential to make a comeback, they might do it. I'm sure they view the Budinger contract as bad. So it'd only be an increase of about 3m/yr for them and clear S&T least one bad contract with one that ends sooner.

I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    A guy named Reke
    that's what I figured but I wasn't 100% sure of it
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    So does K. Martin, Corey Brewer and the draft rights to Glenn Robinson III for Eric Gordon sound right to anyone else, or have i just conjured up the looney toons' realm.
    From all indicates that's loony. But let's see what magic Dell works. If they want Rivers too I easily give it to them. They want our new Pg Smith? Sure. Anybody not part of our 5 main players they can have if they take Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I still say it's important that if Martin WANTS to play here, then that's something. Gordon doesn't wanna be here. As important as finances are in the NBA, I'd still rather have a guy who wants to be here than a guy who doesn't.
    Look at it this way... I'd rather have a guy that doesn't want to be here for 7 mill and is WORTH it... rather than a guy that doesnt want to be here that isn't worth 15 mil we owe him.

Gordon is killing our ability to make moves. At least KM will give us some cap flex even if they bring someone else over.

The Franchise    Contributor   

Is there a 'twolvesreport.com' or something to see if anybody there has heard anything - and if they would hate it or not?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Kevin Martin doesn't play defense, true. But he also is comfortable with playing off the bench. And if we don't retain Gordon, Brian Roberts, and Austin Rivers, then we'll need some points. Martin would provide them. We won't need him to play much defense anyway.

Well a 3rd team could be added that takes on a Minny player into cap space or gives up some asset to Minny. That's probably how it would need to happen.

Kmart has a longer contract, but it is very reasonable for his skillset and he's way more tradeable than Gordon.

I also don't believe this for even a second. Too good for us, not enough motivation for Minny.

How about Shabazz Muhammad? I've heard people mentioning we don't need a SF who can D up and get rebounds. Plus with Reke in the starting lineup we need shooting and I'm not saying Shabazz shot the ball we'll last year bc he didn't play but I am saying a new surrounding could make all the difference. Imagine the confidence he would gain starting alongside jrue Reke AD and Asik. Right now as of today if this Gordon for Martin trade were to happen and Shabazz was included he would be the best SF in our roster even if we had Darrius miller and Aminu, but we wouldn't, it would be bazz time.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I hate Kevin Martin's game... and he don't play ANY defense. But if getting him means we can shed some salary to absorb Asik without giving up Ryno or Rivers, then I'll welcome KMart with open arms.
    Hit it on the head!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I also don't believe it. Not saying it's a BS rumor. but I just can't make myself believe it's possible. I hope I'm wrong. This is what everyone on this forum wants. It seems so unreal.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    How about Shabazz Muhammad? I've heard people mentioning we don't need a SF who can D up and get rebounds. Plus with Reke in the starting lineup we need shooting and I'm not saying Shabazz shot the ball we'll last year bc he didn't play but I am saying a new surrounding could make all the difference. Imagine the confidence he would gain starting alongside jrue Reke AD and Asik. Right now as of today if this Gordon for Martin trade were to happen and Shabazz was included he would be the best SF in our roster even if we had Darrius miller and Aminu, but we wouldn't, it would be bazz time.
    I'm a gambler. Why not?

Oh right, cuz he's not a very good basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    Is there a 'twolvesreport.com' or something to see if anybody there has heard anything - and if they would hate it or not?
    On realGm they actually like the deal

I would hope they would try Tyreke coming off the bench and starting Kevin Martin. Tyreke did well playing with a healthy Anderson with the second unit once they got a couple of healthy games under their belt. I think Tyreke avg almost 20 pts per game during that stretch (I think it was somewhere around late dec to jan or something like that) so it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    On realGm they actually like the deal
    link? I am terrible navigating realGM. Also did you create an alt with sixers flair on r/nba?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    I would hope they would try Tyreke coming off the bench and starting Kevin Martin. Tyreke did well playing with a healthy Anderson with the second unit once they got a couple of healthy games under their belt. I think Tyreke avg almost 20 pts per game during that stretch (I think it was somewhere around late dec to jan or something like that) so it can work.
    Tyreke played his best in the starting lineup without Anderson actually.

Hopefully they try to get brewer than chase. Chase had a bad knee injury and re-injured it again, I believe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Well a 3rd team could be added that takes on a Minny player into cap space or gives up some asset to Minny. That's probably how it would need to happen.

Kmart has a longer contract, but it is very reasonable for his skillset and he's way more tradeable than Gordon.

I also don't believe this for even a second. Too good for us, not enough motivation for Minny.
    Pure speculation on my part, but the motivation for Minnesota would be to shed the longer contract of Martin, potentially acquire the better player, and perhaps gun for an outside chance of making a run that convinces Love not to opt out, i.e. replicating what the Blazers just went through with Aldridge. If it falls apart, they make whatever team wants Lpve also take Gordon at the deadline, or they hope that with Love gone Gordon won't want to stick around Minnesota and will opt out. Therefor giving them a ton of cap flexibility as they begin the rebuild.

Salary aside, if he was healthy and motivated, Gordon could possibly be a really good compliment to Rubio in the backcourt and Love in the frontcourt.

Minnesota has 2 options IMHO, 1) trade Love now and start your rebuild. 2) Go all in this offseason with the best roster of relatively short contracts and potentially good players you can put around Love to start the season.

can someone discuss the fact that pelicans just let brian roberts go?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    No .....no start that dude he earned it
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    can someone discuss the fact that pelicans just let brian roberts go?
    There is a separate thread you know

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    There is a separate thread you know
    really haha i couldnt find it

Thread Information