Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA off-season Rumors

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    Was just coming to post that... If I was Cleveland I'd seriously consider that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have to do that if you are Cleveland even without Burks.

Favors, Clearing Cap and still get pick 5? Deal

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Have to do that if you are Cleveland even without Burks.

Favors, Clearing Cap and still get pick 5? Deal
    Not if you think that there are only two sure things in this draft (which I happen to)

I would stand pat and take Wiggins if I were Cleveland over lets say a combo of Favors and Vonleh
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not if you think that there are only two sure things in this draft (which I happen to)

I would stand pat and take Wiggins if I were Cleveland over lets say a combo of Favors and Vonleh
    Depends though, on if Cleveland are betting on Lebron or not. Clearing Jacks cap and adding a player with League experience as opposed to a rookie could help things for Cleveland.

I would use #5 and Waiters as trade assets to continue to improve that roster

Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO about 6 minutes ago
    Interesting note to Dion Waiters talk: Source close to Waiters tells @FOXSportsOH that Waiters thinks he or Kyrie Irving will be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Depends though, on if Cleveland are betting on Lebron or not. Clearing Jacks cap and adding a player with League experience as opposed to a rookie could help things for Cleveland.

I would use #5 and Waiters as trade assets to continue to improve that roster
    Now that I could agree with. If you can get another defensive minded front court player or 3 and D wing for 5 and Waiters, that would instantly take them to another level. Use 1 and Waiters to get say Favors and Horford and that changes the game.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Now that I could agree with. If you can get another defensive minded front court player or 3 and D wing for 5 and Waiters, that would instantly take them to another level. Use 1 and Waiters to get say Favors and Horford and that changes the game.
    I was literally just thinking a few hours ago that CLE should try to package a future draft pick with Waiters and go after Afflalo.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I just read the second part of your quote...you're that high on Favors?

I think it would be more accurate to say that I am not as high on these top guys as most. I think Wiggins is a slightly better Demarr Derozen and Jabari Parker is Shereff Abdur-Rahim. I would rather have Favors and Horford than either of those guys

I think it would be more accurate to say that I am not as high on these top guys as most. I think Wiggins is a slightly better Demarr Derozen and Jabari Parker is Shereff Abdur-Rahim. I would rather have Favors and Horford than either of those guys
    Gotcha. I was a bit confused because it seemed like you held Favors and Horford in similar regard when I think the latter is the much better player.

I think they compliment each other really well. In a vacuum, I don't love Favors but I think he will outplay his contract. Him and Horford together could be an outstanding duo and cover up a lot of Kyrie's weaknesses, while someone like Jabari is just superfluous on that roster

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Parker would basically come in and be what they wanted Anthony Bennett to be. A healthy Embiid is what the Cavs would need. Won't matter though.

I feel sorry for whoever the unfortunate soul is that gets drafted by CLE. They should just draft Wiggins and call it a day.

I think they compliment each other really well. In a vacuum, I don't love Favors but I think he will outplay his contract. Him and Horford together could be an outstanding duo and cover up a lot of Kyrie's weaknesses, while someone like Jabari is just superfluous on that roster
    Why are you talking about both of them together? Cleveland couldn't possibly swing that.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Why are you talking about both of them together? Cleveland couldn't possibly swing that.
    You move #1 for Favors and #5, then swing 5 and Waiters for Horford. Hence, Favors and Horford

You move #1 for Favors and #5, then swing 5 and Waiters for Horford. Hence, Favors and Horford
    Would Atlanta even consider Waiters and #5 for Horford? That would be a steal for the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would Atlanta even consider Waiters and #5 for Horford? That would be a steal for the Cavs.
    They would have to think about it. Going super perimeter oriented and Horford has played a grand total of 114 games in the last 3 years. I have more questions as to whether Cleveland would do it honestly

I see. I don't see Atlanta doing that but it would be incredible if Cleveland was able to pull something like that off. I'm glad that somebody else has finally pointed out the injury problem with Horford though. Seems like people overlook that with him when a assessing his value for whatever reason.

I am under the influence that the Jazz get the #1 pick via Favors and #5 and draft Parker. Everyone wins there.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-23-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am under the influence that the Jazz get the #1 pick via Favors and #5 and draft Paker. Everyone wins there.
    It definitely seems like Parker would be the target for Utah.

I don't know if they get the value basketball wise, but they sell out that arena for the next 10 years and Parker is the golden boy in that state. Remember, there are two objectives for an owner: Win a title and make money. I don't think he helps that much with the first, but he kills it for Utah in the second department.

I don't think Favors does either of those things for them, so drafting Parker is a slam dunk.

The Jazz gm is a former Spurs assistant GM so he might see that he can grab his Kawahi and pray Burke can be TP, as to where he is getting that Duncan from though (because neither Kanter or Favors are TD).
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-23-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Burke is closer to Patty Mills than Tony Parker in my humble opinion. And Kawhi plays defense, so there goes any chance of Parker being comparable to him.

Yeah, makes you wonder what likeness he is building that Jazz franchise into; old Spurs, or new Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, makes you wonder what likeness he is building that Jazz franchise into; old Spurs, or new Spurs.
    Or new Jazz.

Not everybody is copying the Spurs, because some people know that is unrealistic.

Thread Information