Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Info

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Neither Asik nor Hawes thrill me. Asik just doesn't move well enough for my liking. Yeah, he'll give good challenges to DeMarcus Cousins and Howard and he'd keep DeAndre Jordan off the glass some, but that's three opponents.

Hawes? I just don't know as much about Hawes...

Wow. You are doing us such a great service by releasing Dell's private plans to the public. I'm sure Dell greatly appreciates it. NOT. I hope your source gets found out and fired.

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Wow. You are doing us such a great service by releasing Dell's private plans to the public. I'm sure Dell greatly appreciates it. NOT. I hope your source gets found out and fired.
    Only thing separating him from Adam Schefter or any other sports insider is it being his job to have sources. Should all their sources be fire too?

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    The reason I have this source is because I know information I can share and information I can't. Also don't think it's possible for my source to be fired haha.

Maybe you should stick to trying to get people to want Beasley. I'll make sure to tell Dell of your ideas bro. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    If we are paying a guy an upwards of $11+ mil/yr, I would hope he's more than adequate. I don't just wanna sign someone to sign somebody... that's my biggest concern with Monroe. He can score down low, and that is a big plus. But we have 3 scorers already in Jrue, Tyreke and AD... all will take double digit shot attempts.. and if we manage to keep Ryno, we'll have a lot less to spread around. The more I'm thinking about it, the less I'm hoping for Monroe.
    Well when I said adequate I meant at the center position and honestly it was a poor choice of words on my part. He is very young. And I know we have a lot of scorers but i believe you need a diversity of scorers. With no low post threat u can just smother our 3pt shooters and put ur best defender on tyreke, if we had a low post threat I think we could be the best offensive team in the league with having 5 possible 20 point scorers at anytime in jrue, Gordon, tyreke, Monroe and Davis. That is rare and would be almost impossible to defend, a team would have to have 3 great perimeter defenders and an athletic pf for Davis and a banger for Monroe, teams just don't have that

I can see Monroe being a 17-10 guy for us but I'm also not an expert.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 06-17-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    The reason I have this source is because I know information I can share and information I can't. Also don't think it's possible for my source to be fired haha.

Maybe you should stick to trying to get people to want Beasley. I'll make sure to tell Dell of your ideas bro. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh.
    Well I certainly can say I appreciate you sharing the information. I take everything with a grain of salt but I'm far less cynical about believing a person. I prefer to give the benefit of doubt especially when the information isn't so far out there that it seems impossible.

If someone were to make up a story I would assume Asik and Hawes would not be the first two players to come up. Lol.

Ya I'm sure dells plan is ruined because every gm in the league is reading this and taking it for 100% certainty

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Only thing separating him from Adam Schefter or any other sports insider is it being his job to have sources. Should all their sources be fire too?
    Adam Schefter reports stuff that has already happened like signed contracts and stuff. Has no impact

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ya I'm sure dells plan is ruined because every gm in the league is reading this and taking it for 100% certainty
    GMs look for every possible way to get an advantage. If he develops any sort of track record for being right then I'm sure GMs Will take notice.

I hate to tell y'all this and beat a dead horse, but don't be surprised when fell trades ryno, Gordon and a future first to acquire a good center and sf, I just feel it in my veins. This team would have been a playoff team if injury free, then add Monroe and parsons and we are a 3 seed next year

GMs look for every possible way to get an advantage. If he develops any sort of track record for being right then I'm sure GMs Will take notice.
    If that's the case Eric Gordon is the best player in the nba, he is faking this injury thing, gms take notice

Asik just looks like a big lethargic oaf standing under the rim. Not interested. Hawes doesn't interest me much either. Of course, this is coming from the limited time I've seen them play the last two seasons. If we moved Ryno to land one of these guys, and didn't land a starting caliber SF, I would be very down on the FO. Guy's that provide what Ryan Anderson provides aren't plentiful in the league, especially not at his salary. I'd say trade value wise, he is the second most valuable player we have on his current contract. I really hope we don't trade him just for the sake of having a "true center".

Adam Schefter reports stuff that has already happened like signed contracts and stuff. Has no impact
    Leaving aside that he talks about more than just contracts...you know the "stuff" you're leaving out does include trade rumors and disgruntled players.

I also said other sports insiders. Wanna tell me that Melo being a target of the Heat is a low impact rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Asik just looks like a big lethargic oaf standing under the rim. Not interested. Hawes doesn't interest me much either. Of course, this is coming from the limited time I've seen them play the last two seasons. If we moved Ryno to land one of these guys, and didn't land a starting caliber SF, I would be very down on the FO. Guy's that provide what Ryan Anderson provides aren't plentiful in the league, especially not at his salary. I'd say trade value wise, he is the second most valuable player we have on his current contract. I really hope we don't trade him just for the sake of having a "true center".
    While I don't think asik is the end All be all center he is a hell of a player, he might not be the best at pick and roll defense but his rebounding and rim defense is second to none. He is a good player.

Banned
    While I don't think asik is the end All be all center he is a hell of a player, he might not be the best at pick and roll defense but his rebounding and rim defense is second to none. He is a good player.
    But he isn't what we need, and Ryno is more valuable than him with Smith and Ajinca and Withey on our roster. Who can do what Asik does for about 10% of the cost and we still have Ryno.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Franchise
    I hate to tell y'all this and beat a dead horse, but don't be surprised when fell trades Ryno, Gordon and a future first to acquire a good center and sf, I just feel it in my veins. This team would have been a playoff team if injury free, then add Monroe and parsons and we are a 3 seed next year
    If we came out of that trade with Monroe and Parsons for Gordon and Ryno, I'd be ecstatic. I'd hate to get rid of Ryno since he is one of my favorite Pelicans but that would give us a nice starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If we came out of that trade with Monroe and Parsons for Gordon and Ryno, I'd be ecstatic. I'd hate to get rid of Ryno since he is one of my favorite Pelicans but that would give us a nice starting 5.
    You'd probably need to check your token item because someone was incepting you.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hate to tell y'all this and beat a dead horse, but don't be surprised when fell trades ryno, Gordon and a future first to acquire a good center and sf, I just feel it in my veins. This team would have been a playoff team if injury free, then add Monroe and parsons and we are a 3 seed next year
    Guru, I'm pushing Ryno/Gordon/Pierre for Boozer/Dunleavy/16...

Gives us a starting SF, backup PF, and enough cap ($4m more than we have now) to go after other players this year. It also gives us a rookie to develop at SF or C and add to our depth. Someone like Kyle Anderson or Nurkic. Then we're looking at $20m in expiring contracts (Boozer and Dunleavy) headed into 2015 free agency.

Chicago gets their SG and a friend of the family for Rose. And they get a perfect compliment to Noah in the frontcourt. They also get Nate 2.0 off the bench. Health is going to continue to be the question for them, but a healthy Noah, Ryno, Butler, Gordon, and Rose starting 5 is competing for #1 Seed in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Ryno and Gordon< Asik and Parsons
    Ryno>>>>>>>Asik

Huh? Are we talking about the same Adam Shefter?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Gives us a starting SF, backup PF, and enough cap ($4m more than we have now) to go after other players this year. It also gives us a rookie to develop at SF or C and add to our depth. Someone like Kyle Anderson or Nurkic. Then we're looking at $20m in expiring contracts (Boozer and Dunleavy) headed into 2015 free agency.

Chicago gets their SG and a friend of the family for Rose. And they get a perfect compliment to Noah in the frontcourt. They also get Nate 2.0 off the bench. Health is going to continue to be the question for them, but a healthy Noah, Ryno, Butler, Gordon, and Rose starting 5 is competing for #1 Seed in the East.
    Seriously, Boozer is finished, Dunleavy is garbage and 16? What the heck would we get at 16, and throw in the fact we have Dell Demps doing the drafting(Austin Rivers at 10, what a joke). You give Chicago two proven NBA players and we get and old man, a bum and a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Our best bet is probably to get Withey to just run around the building for 30 minutes everyday so he can play basketball that long, too.
    I love Withey's game I actually hope he starts, and we can concentrate on finding a SF... or a couple SFs. I've said many times that I feel Smith, Withey and Frenchy are a trio of "capable" centers.

But it seems we're trying to hard to find a center to add to the mix, when we only have Darius Miller as the only SF on the entire roster.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

not bad, our current 7 million plus 4 would give us 11 mil for hayward or parsons and we could use the MLE for blatche.

not bad, our current 7 million plus 4 would give us 11 mil for hayward or parsons and we could use the MLE for blatche.
    So, we would basically give up Ryno just to clear Gordon's contract? Sorry, but I think he has more value than that to the team. We would be taking on Boozer's contract for only one year less than Gordon (assuming Gordon did not opt out).

Thread Information