Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: DA TANK vs. DA GRIZZ (4pm) GAMEDAY THREAD

Bad win by the Pelicans

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    I still stand by what I said but that shot happened to work. I still wouldn't trust him to make 4 of them if he had 10 shots.
    You don't trust him to make 40% of his shots from mid-range when he's making 42% of them for the season?

I assume you know how math works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Bad win by the Pelicans
    explain?

We wasted a win on a mediocre team lol. I was hoping we would save this win for the Heat or Clippers.

Great effort by Evans and AD at the end.

Looks like we aren't the only ones who realize Monty sucks at coaching...*cough cough* Ayers.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

WOOHOO! Good win for the team.

Why does Tyreke only get 26 minutes though?

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    explain?
    we're so far gone in the playoff race and winning a couple of game will just give philly a good pick

I bet Greg pop would have won this game by 12+

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Does Monty get another extension for this win?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Why does Tyreke only get 26 minutes though?
    Ankle most likely. He didn't check in until like 2 minutes left in the third, and didn't check out after that.

For me the tank is a joke thing, so glad we got the game. But we could have won the game in a much comfortable and enjoyable way. Monty's fault

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

Good win fellas . Sorry can't root for a tank.
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Bad win by the Pelicans
    I'm reminded of that scene from Misery, when she grabs the 2x4 and puts it between the author's legs?

Only instead of James Caan its you...

But seriously man. Don't do that. Don't ever do that. We played well. We won. We needed this. We aren't and we shouldn't be losing games on purpose or upset at wins. That is just asinine. **** the tank if this is what it devolves us into.

If we finish this season playing great basketball, so be it. The point is to make the team better. Be it getting a talented rookie or for our franchise player to emerge as what he is. Either one is worth it. Hell, if we can do both, that's gravy. But odds are it'll be most of one, half of the other. And I hope the half is the pick, which means a 8th or 10th pick going to Philly.

We already have Anthony Davis. We know what he's capable of. We don't know what some miracle rookie could do. Everyone's focus should be on Davis, the bird in the hand, not the two in the bush.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 01-20-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    For some reason, the Pelicans have Memphis's number. If they didn't have the injuries, maybe they could beat the majority of the teams like this.

As much as I was on the tank wagon its games like these that make me so much more happy. Draft picks arent guranteed and even if idk if they would help us "win now" I do enjoy watching player development and will continue to root for rivers withey and miller and even Alexis to become good role players. I enjoy watching davis go 20-10. Just disappointed the season turned out the way it did. At least I get to enjoy the nfl draft.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Great effort by Evans and AD at the end.

Looks like we aren't the only ones who realize Monty sucks at coaching...*cough cough* Ayers.
    What are y'all referring to? Did Ayers say something?

Monty needs to go Richard Sherman at the post game presser.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Why in the hell would we go and win like that. ***holes

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I bet Greg pop would have won this game by 12+
    You are almost always sarcastic... But you don't have the retarded mispellings and CAPS LOCK on... Hmm....

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You don't trust him to make 40% of his shots from mid-range when he's making 42% of them for the season?

I assume you know how math works, right?
    Yes, but still I like to round. If he's hitting 45, he can make 50% if he's at 44% He's probably around 40%. He's above average probably for his position to hit the mid range jumper now and is still a work in progress on them but I'd rather see him bulk up more and try to create more in the paint, that way he can also clean up his own messes around the rim easier instead of letting poor rebounders like Greg and Ajinca to try and clean up when they turn into other chances for the opposing side.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    What are y'all referring to? Did Ayers say something?
    I didn't watch do I would like to know 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm reminded of that scene from Misery, when she grabs the 2x4 and puts it between the author's legs?

Only instead of James Caan its you...

But seriously man. Don't do that. Don't ever do that. We played well. We won. We needed this. We aren't and we shouldn't be losing games on purpose or upset at wins. That is just asinine. **** the tank if this is what it devolves us into.
    If this is the case we should be disappointed over the last 5 games because we should of won all those. Also the Grizz are 0-8 against the SW so big whoop

Face it it feels good to win. Mr. Benson you can come back to the Arena Tues!

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    And yes, this team just knows how to play Memphis extremely well. They just know how to defend ZBo and Conley for most of the times they play against one another but against anybody else, those Gordon turnovers cost us, badly. Still, take a win when you can get it.

Thread Information