Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [S7] Weeks 21-22 Results

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    How many wins did you get last year? You can get points for a 10 game improvement. Plus AI will get you points as well. You have a chance to make a big push in the offseason.
    I'm not sure. I think something like 27. Does anyone have the results from last year?

You seem nervous.
    Yeah. Lost to you two years in a row in the playoffs.. Waaaait

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I hope the celtics overpass the bucks so I can whoop their *** for knocking me out last year. I'm not holding back. No mercy mother****er

Where's my DC thread?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah. Lost to you two years in a row in the playoffs.. Waaaait
    I didnt know you ran the Twolves two seasons ago.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Where's my DC thread?
    Is going 7-0 in a sim good enough to get mentioned in a podcast?!!!!

I didnt know you ran the Twolves two seasons ago.
    Forgot, I swept you in season one when you were the 2 seed. What an interesting predicament.

I'm debating whether or not to forfeit 20 points and rest my starters so that I can get a round one matchup with a weakened Lakers and wipe the floor with them.

Is going 7-0 in a sim good enough to get mentioned in a podcast?!!!!
    I will be sure to slurp you as soon as you give someone else a turn

...still working on my heel turn

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I'm debating whether or not to forfeit 20 points and rest my starters so that I can get a round one matchup with a weakened Lakers and wipe the floor with them.
    I was the number 3 seed that season and my best player in Sheed was out. Better hope for another injury besides a Laker player. You're slow grinding style has taken a toll on the team.

My bad BeeBall. That response was meant for Balls

I was the number 3 seed that season and my best player in Sheed was out. Better hope for another injury besides a Laker player. You're slow grinding style has taken a toll on the team.
    #excuses the rocket way

Rockets definitely deserve respect for being as consistent as they come in three years time. Obviously, at best, there are only four or five guys who can claim the same amount of regular season success as you and fewer with the amount of wins you have had. Your team is great. I have spent most of the year pumping up the Hornets because everyone else has showed weakness or at least perceived weakness. I'm glad you're righting the ship but if the answer was using last years proven rotation and gameplan, I question your complaints on being a pretender and unsuccessful. Not many people can easily compare cores in back to back seasons. Stop getting cute with your lineup and do what you know works. Your better than that.

Sonics been a scary team since try landed Paul and Roy in back to back years. Still have them as my favorite since some of that fear is realized now.

Lakers have a proven track record and if they can keep the game from getting creative with their gameplan because of injured first stringers, I like them too.

You are a close 1c or 2 or 3 or however you want to tally the score. Do what works. You deserve to be in the same conversation this year because of Beeball's youth and Ball's lousy offseason weight lifting program.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    #excuses the rocket way
    Coming from the guy who posts his injury list every week

Coming from the guy who posts his injury list every week
    Well I do see to be racking up medical bills. Insurance is expensive.

Roy blows right now. Paul has been great. Dirk has been unreal. Harrington is a good volume shooter and floor spacer. Mihm is prototype double double guy. Ratliff is a versatile defender, Beno is the classic "I need more minutes!" guy and Langhi is the dependable white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Rockets definitely deserve respect for being as consistent as they come in three years time. Obviously, at best, there are only four or five guys who can claim the same amount of regular season success as you and fewer with the amount of wins you have had. Your team is great. I have spent most of the year pumping up the Hornets because everyone else has showed weakness or at least perceived weakness. I'm glad you're righting the ship but if the answer was using last years proven rotation and gameplan, I question your complaints on being a pretender and unsuccessful. Not many people can easily compare cores in back to back seasons. Stop getting cute with your lineup and do what you know works. Your better than that.

You are a close 1c or 2 or 3 or however you want to tally the score. Do what works. You deserve to be in the same conversation this year because of Beeball's youth and Ball's lousy offseason weight lifting program.
    I have a great explanation for that. Two seasons ago, I started to use a formula based on the letter ratings to decide my gameplan. That's when my success started. What happened this year was I started Joe Smith over Jefferson, McKie at the point, and brought in James Posey of the bench. That made me adjust certain things in the gameplan and depth chart. However, the formula wasn't quite right for whatever reason so I had to make certain adjustments in the formula and gameplan. The only adjustment I made this past sim was going from trapping often to trapping normal. The only difference I noticed was my 3-point defense drastically improve. My defense has been elite all season, but I had weakness defending the 3. It got exposed by outside focus teams including the Sixers and Sonics. However, trapping less improved that. It showed in my win against the Hornets when I held them to only 4 three pointers and 97 points overall.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I'm not sure. I think something like 27. Does anyone have the results from last year?
    Screenshot in the league awards thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    I hope the celtics overpass the bucks so I can whoop their *** for knocking me out last year. I'm not holding back. No mercy mother****er
    Are you sure being 1-3 against me with my average margin of victory in those 3 wins being 24 points, and your lone win came when I had 2 starters being out has nothing to do with it?
    #FREEQUAIL

Are you sure being 1-3 against me with my average margin of victory in those 3 wins being 24 points, and your lone win came when I had 2 starters being out has nothing to do with it?
    I think he meant the Bucks

I think he meant the Bucks
    I know he's saying he wants the Bucks for revenge...I'm saying I think he wants them to avoid me.

I know he's saying he wants the Bucks for revenge...I'm saying I think he wants them to avoid me.
    Ah, you're right. Probably a combination of both

Ah, you're right. Probably a combination of both
    lets go with this

has anyone ever not been able to pull up a box score? I can't pull up my game against the Nets on day 107. I can pull up other box scores from that day but this one is blank...

has anyone ever not been able to pull up a box score? I can't pull up my game against the Nets on day 107. I can pull up other box scores from that day but this one is blank...
    happens every sim for me. i just refresh and itll usually work again

Thread Information