Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Draft File

Interesting thought,

Commish are you allowed to see the player number ratings before draft?

Maybe we can allocate a scouting feature to the draft. Each team can have a chance to see two player's ratings.

Or we can say you pay "x" amount of points to "scout" a player.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-P View Post
    These ratings IMO need to be adjusted. Aldridge, Rondo, Lowry, Bargnani and Sefolosha are all underated. Milsaps shouldn't be better than Aldridge.
    The only one I can agree with is Aldridge, and even then, I'd be perfectly okay with a boost to "A" potential. Maybe Millsap & Aldridge's ratings should be swapped?

But seriously, let's take a look:

If it's based on their ratings entering the draft:
    .Nobody knew who Rondo was. It could be argued that if Boston doesn't deep-six their roster to get the Big 3 together, Rondo never sees the light of day. Another case where simply adding an "A" potential will solve things.

If it's based on current ratings:
    .Lowry's a sixth man at best.
    .Sefelosha had to scratch and claw to get where he is now, and his game is still basically perimeter shooting + defense.
    .From what I've read and heard about Bargnani, he's spot-on (weak defense, lame rebounding for a big). BTW commish, he's 7ft.

HR Sim League

I think it is good and more on par for rookies (especially this class), I'm just hoping it's not an over exaggeration due to the overpowered rookies from the last 2. Time can only tell.

My only problem is that I think there needs to be more than one player with A potential.

Rondo, for instance, should be rated as he is except maybe a bit better handling. I just watched the Combine this morning and while they were talking about Burke they were raving about Rondo's handles coming out. Everything else should be where it is but A potential to become one of the better points in the league over time. He was originally picked low but improved as much as any player from that draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Roy is clearly the best talent in the draft. Only thing hurting his potential would be the bad knees.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

well i dont remember hearing about Roy having bad knees coming out but if thats the then when Greg Oden comes out that should factor in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Roy is clearly the best talent in the draft. Only thing hurting his potential would be the bad knees.
    I don't recall Roy having bad knees coming out of college if these ratings are based on their "real life" ratings.

Hall of Famer
    Honestly, the only draft class I see as "overpowered" is the 2003 class. That's the only class where you had guys other than the big dogs (LBJ, Melo, Wade) come in and play lights-out from the get-go. I've got David West now, who came from that draft and has excelled from day 1, not the case in real life. But, that's been evened out because that's the last draft class not to get free training sessions. So that's not an issue.

2004? Dwight's the only questionable one. I've got 3 from that class. Luol & Jameer both took a year to solidly produce, and they still may never become "stars." Devin's been giving me fits from day 1. But even the others, like Emeka, Jefferson, Iguodala, etc either took a year to develop or are still pretty basic.

2005? CP3's the only questionable one. Ask Vegito about his issues with Granger & Deron this season.

I don't recall Roy having bad knees coming out of college if these ratings are based on their "real life" ratings.
    copy cat my post you cheater

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    copy cat my post you cheater

Post Jacking LOL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    2005? CP3's the only questionable one. Ask Vegito about his issues with Granger & Deron this season.
    I'd say Bynum coming in to average 16 and 10 is a little questionable.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    From what I've ranked Lamarcus Aldridge is the 28th ranked prospect on my board.

That's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    From what I've ranked Lamarcus Aldridge is the 28th ranked prospect on my board.

That's crazy.
    And he went #1 overall in real life, and is still a top big man today.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    And he went #1 overall in real life, and is still a top big man today.
    Bargnani was actually the first pick Lord Vader..
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Interesting thought,

Maybe we can allocate a scouting feature to the draft. Each team can have a chance to see two player's ratings.

I like that idea, but I would want to finalize the file first.

Interesting thought,

I disagree with this idea because IMO the whole point of bad teams getting a high pick to become better the following year. How will they become better if they have to pay to see only a select amount of ratings. The player rating should not be Hidden. It don't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I like that idea, but I would want to finalize the file first.
    if we incorporate this then will we have another way to earn more points? we dont get enough points to train players, trade and now scout players. this makes it harder for the lesser teams to become contenders.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I do agree if we implement this, we would need to bring back some kind of points... i dont know what though

I disagree with this idea because IMO the whole point of bad teams getting a high pick to become better the following year. How will they become better if they have to pay to see only a select amount of ratings. The player rating should not be Hidden. It don't make sense to me.
    You still see the letter grades.

You would scout to see the actual number values. This will actually help people make better picks, in my opinion. Paying points was just an idea. I think there should be a cap of two scouts for free and you can pay for any after that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    How about lottery teams get 2 free scouts and rest get 1?

if we incorporate this then will we have another way to earn more points? we dont get enough points to train players, trade and now scout players. this makes it harder for the lesser teams to become contenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I do agree if we implement this, we would need to bring back some kind of points... i dont know what though
    Or we can do it like trainings... 2 free ones a year and any after that you pay?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    2 free for lotto teams, 1 free for non?

What should happen if they Make this "NEW RULE" is instead of paying points for only 2 players. A team should be able to scout all players in a certain position for Example if my need is a SG I should be able to scout all prospects at that position for a one time fee.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    2 free for lotto teams, 1 free for non?
    I like the sound of that.

What should happen if they Make this "NEW RULE" is instead of paying points for only 2 players. A team should be able to scout all players in a certain position for Example if my need is a SG I should be able to scout all prospects at that position for a one time fee.
    My reason for capping at two is to not put a bunch of work on the commish's full plate. Even adding this (2 per team) will increase his workload by a lot.

Can't do the paying part, but can just do the see only 2 guys part.

The paying part won't be fair cause there is still one person that can see all the rankings for free. Not saying that person would abuse it, just saying it has to be the same for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Can't do the paying part, but can just do the see only 2 guys part.

The paying part won't be fair cause there is still one person that can see all the rankings for free. Not saying that person would abuse it, just saying it has to be the same for everyone.
    That person is always pick in the late twenties. lol I was just looking for a way to actually help lottery teams make better picks... For instance... **** GORTAT.

Thread Information