Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Warriors @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Seems to me it's easier to fix giving a game away than having it taken away.

Maybe that's just me.
    Which would you say happened tonight exactly? I could see it both ways honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Greivis had a bad night? 15 assists, 3 stls, but only 8 points is a bad night? Blaming Vasquez must be a security blanket for some of you guys.
    On the contrary, the stats sheet seems to be the security blanket for Grevis fanboys.

Anyone who watched the game should have clearly seen that Grevis had an off night.

He started off strong, but completely faded out towards the end, including misses on three crucial three-pointers that were fairly open.

But as I said before, he was one of multiple reasons for the loss.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I just want to know what loss this season hasn't been Greivis's fault. blah blah blah Greisvis fanboy blah blah blah... I thought people would be in here going on and on about that stupid pass by Gordon which was the costliest play of the game. But nope, Vasquez sucked. If it makes you sleep well I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    Just cuz he had good stats doesn't mean he didn't make any mistakes all game....especially down the stretch. He made some bad decisions...but Gordon also made bad decisions.....he scored 23. Doesn't mean that he's not subject to critique. I'm not saying its all Vasquez...a lot of factors including coaching went into it. But people gotta stop looking at the stat sheet and watch key situations in the game. He isn't to blame for the entire loss...its the whole team...but he did have mistakes that led to it...just like guys missing FTs, Gordon turning the ball over at the worst possible time like Vasquez did, Monty letting the lead slip too far before putting the starters in.
    No one said Vasquez didn't make mistakes. But 2 turnovers is not a bad game, especially for someone like Vasquez who is notorious with turnovers. 15 assists is nothing to shrug off. That is like 7 assists per turnover. But yeah, bad...whatever.

how about that ref calling the foul on ej when he didnt even touch curry... :<

On another note, Aminu continues to play better. Beside defense and rebounding, he also managed to hit couple of jumpers tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Peja View Post
    On another note, Aminu continues to play better. Beside defense and rebounding, he also managed to hit couple of jumpers tonight.
    Agreed but i will say he didn't seem AS aggressive in the 2nd half. Rivers also quietly had a pretty good game.

Watchin the replay i really don't like the call coming out of time out with .53 to go iso Gordon. I get it but i don't like it.
    I was hoping for Oopp to Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Agreed but i will say he didn't seem AS aggressive in the 2nd half. Rivers also quietly had a pretty good game.

Watchin the replay i really don't like the call coming out of time out with .53 to go iso Gordon. I get it but i don't like it.
    I was hoping for Oopp to Davis.
    Do you really want to see Aminu get aggressive on offence..

I'm not normally on Vasquez's side, but I hate seeing the majority blaming him for the majority of the loss.

Anderson was terrible from 3 again.
    Gordon had some key 4th quarter turnovers
    Jason Smith stupid offensive foul.

Not to mention the embarrassing Free Throw %.

I can acknowledge the poor shooting from Vasquez. It was pretty bad tonight, but I cannot put much blame on him

This loss came down to Free Throw shooting.

Nobody is saying Vasquez closed out the game well. Nobody on the team closed out well either, but I just want to make my point once more so you guys don't think I'm %$#*!# stupid lol. All I said is Vasquez did not have a bad game. I'll even go out and say he played terribly down the stretch in the final 6 minutes. It just seems like some of you think he had one of his worst games last night. So it makes me question do you really think the team would have done better without Vasquez? If you take out Vasquez from this game the Hornets probably get blown out. The defense looked like crap all first half, but Vasquez dished out 9 assists to contain the warriors to only a ten point lead at half and then was a part of the 25-14 comeback in the third, nailing the 3 to make it 82-81. That was his last play before he came back in the 4th and stunk. You can't assume he is going to be bad down the stretch after how he has been playing and go away from him.

theres my rant. (tldr vasquez didn't have a bad game). yes I do enjoy sticking up for vasquez, but I am not an idiot. I know when he plays poorly which was in the 4th quarter from what I can see, which by the way everyone played poorly in.

lol I just want to make photoshops its more fun, I hope we go on another winning streak so I don't have to argue hahahaah

oh and bad shooting night? He was 3-7 (2-3) until the 4th when he took those threes in the 4th which he really didn't look comfortable taking thats not awful. You're just more used to him taking more shots recently with him getting to the hoop and floating it in. I think he only shot two of those I don't know what the deal was he was getting by his defenders enough to take those
    Last edited by GeneralGreivis; 01-20-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Greivis has played well this season, so I won't place sole blame on him when we lose. We've won so many games b/c of him. He just had an off night. It happens.

I just hate when fans on this board start pointing fingers when we do lose. Start questioning moves Demps has made. Hindsight like a mofo

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    Greivis has played well this season, so I won't place sole blame on him when we lose. We've won so many games b/c of him. He just had an off night. It happens.

I just hate when fans on this board start pointing fingers when we do lose. Start questioning moves Demps has made. Hindsight like a mofo
    in other news, the hornets lost a winnable game. on to the Kings game!

At the game and saw Gordon clobbered at the end of the first half taking a 3pt shot. I thought for sure that foul would be called.

If I personally had to assign blame (which I dont think is necessary, but if I had to), the order would go:

1.) Gordon
    2.) Refs
    3.) Monty

Look, you are up 110-108 with the ball in your possession and you put the ball in the hands of your "closer". He makes a cross court pass that I still dont get. Steal. FT's, tie game. Then he has a horrible defender in Curry one-on-oneand he settles for a 20 footer. In that situation, Curry is praying that Gordon settles, and Gordon oblidged. Next thing you know, it is 112-110 the other way. If he gets credit for the closes, he gets the blame when he blows a save. That simple.

The refs were unreal and the Warriors lived at the line in the 2nd half. The Hornets really stepped up their D, but it was somewhat negated by the number of free points the Warriors got.

Finally, Monty. The Hornets are up 102-95 and Davis has already been on the bench for 7 in-game minutes plus 2 timeouts and the break between the third and fourth. He is rested and Monty could have put him back in to close the game out. Instead, he leaves in Smith and Ezili owns the glass, getting the Warriors 2nd chance points and GS goes on a 9-0 run before Monty gets him back in.

Could have put them away, instead we open the door and they steal the game.

That is my order, but again, I dont really care to assign blame and I come out of this game with excitement about the future. This season is just one where we learn our lessons- sometimes the hard way
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If I personally had to assign blame (which I dont think is necessary, but if I had to), the order would go:

1.) Gordon
    2.) Refs
    3.) Monty

Look, you are up 110-108 with the ball in your possession and you put the ball in the hands of your "closer". He makes a cross court pass that I still dont get. Steal. FT's, tie game. Then he has a horrible defender in Curry one-on-oneand he settles for a 20 footer. In that situation, Curry is praying that Gordon settles, and Gordon oblidged. Next thing you know, it is 112-110 the other way. If he gets credit for the closes, he gets the blame when he blows a save. That simple.

The refs were unreal and the Warriors lived at the line in the 2nd half. The Hornets really stepped up their D, but it was somewhat negated by the number of free points the Warriors got.

Finally, Monty. The Hornets are up 102-95 and Davis has already been on the bench for 7 in-game minutes plus 2 timeouts and the break between the third and fourth. He is rested and Monty could have put him back in to close the game out. Instead, he leaves in Smith and Ezili owns the glass, getting the Warriors 2nd chance points and GS goes on a 9-0 run before Monty gets him back in.

Could have put them away, instead we open the door and they steal the game.

That is my order, but again, I dont really care to assign blame and I come out of this game with excitement about the future. This season is just one where we learn our lessons- sometimes the hard way
    that pass in that situation was laughable. I literally wasn't even angry. I was just wtf lol

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post

Looks like you're pointing fingers too though. This might be the thread you're looking for. Help yourself.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Its a shame we couldn't get this one for Davis, Rivers, Aminu, Anderson and the large home crowd. They all deserved it..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Its a shame we couldn't get this one for Davis, Rivers, Aminu, Anderson and the large home crowd. They all deserved it..
    rivers plays well against Golden State for some reason

Gameday Thread: Warriors @ Hornets

Davis seems distraught. I like it. Never settle.

Give. The last 70 seconds were basically the Hornets wrapping the game up in a little box with a big bow.

here's what demps needs to do. take the bucks GM for a few dozen drinks and convince him that trading jennings straight for GV benefits both teams

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Very impressed with Aminu as of late.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    here's what demps needs to do. take the bucks GM for a few dozen drinks and convince him that trading jennings straight for GV benefits both teams
    The fiends ain't gonna like that, not one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

1.) Gordon
    2.) Refs
    3.) Monty
    Pretty legit order you got there.

1) As i was leaving i half jokingly said "i blame puddin for this" . Makes a VERY bad play in crunchtime. Supposed to be the closer but couldn't buy a bucket at the end of the game. Seemed like the whole team went cold. I'll say it again i don't like ISO Gordon with .53 left after a timeout. Give me some movement please?! I get it. I get it. Just dont. like. it.

2)Refs really NEVER help us and we've had worse refs then this and still won. In general refs call nothing for us it seems. But i can't blame that. I hate blaming refs for losses personally but agree they were pretty bad.

3) Monty- I don't get him sometimes. I love him but i don't understand his thought process with some rotations . I didn't get Smith being out there so long at the end while he was having a bad game? I was actually yelling "PUT IN DAVIS" at one point. I wanna know what he was seeing there?
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 01-20-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Thread Information