Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pelicans Vs Jazz - February 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    . A sign of Gentry's willingness to adjust.
    And yet the biggest issue that everyone has been talking about for months remains unaddressed: Rondo.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Yeah, and to me that is where I am getting frustrated with Gentry. You lost roughly 30ppg when Cousins went down.

You dont make that up by giving up even more defensively by continually going smaller to hopefully spark an offensive run to replicate what you lost. We don't have the fire power anymore to just outscore opponents. You make that up by tightening things up defensively. Instead of Rondo often stuck on Mitchell or Rubio blowing by him, Moore guarding Ingles, Hood, and getting switched onto bigs, perhaps think about putting Moore at his natural position, Putting Cunningham/Miller in to guard these slower, bigger forwards that Moore struggles with, and take Rondo off the court for Jrue to slide over. Perhaps a little less Clark and bit more Liggins in a game like this to help with the perimeter defense.
    LoL this would mean Jrue is the primary ball handler.. how in the world does that make us better if he is much better off ball with a sieve like Rondo? Because Jrue has been great this season as the primary handler making everyone around him in those units better. It is not a coincidence our best lineups all year have come with Jrue as the primary handler.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And yet the biggest issue that everyone has been talking about for months remains unaddressed: Rondo.
    Blows my freaking mind.. instead of getting less minutes they have only increased while he has also gotten more run with the closing units.. the one thing that saved us in so many games is he usually played in the 1st and coming out for the 2nd half while getting very few minutes in other rotations after that.. now he is staying in for multiple rotations with extra minutes and somewhat closing games.. now I'm not a Gentry defender but I usually try to give him benefit of the doubt but this is simply inexcusable as an NBA coach to not notice what's going on.. if he can't Rondo should not be on the floor then someone should be showing him how bad it is on paper as well.. if we don't put the ball in Jrues hands more soon no doubt we will miss the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Blows my freaking mind.. instead of getting less minutes they have only increased while he has also gotten more run with the closing units.. the one thing that saved us in so many games is he usually played in the 1st and coming out for the 2nd half while getting very few minutes in other rotations after that.. now he is staying in for multiple rotations with extra minutes and somewhat closing games.. now I'm not a Gentry defender but I usually try to give him benefit of the doubt but this is simply inexcusable as an NBA coach to not notice what's going on.. if he can't Rondo should not be on the floor then someone should be showing him how bad it is on paper as well.. if we don't put the ball in Jrues hands more soon no doubt we will miss the playoffs..
    I didn't watch the second half.
    Rondo kept us in the game with his 4 fluke 3 pointers in a row.

What did he do so bad in the 2nd half?
    Just the usual half arsed defence?

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I think we will continue to lose games where we get killed from the perimeter until Solo comes back. I truly believe that missing him has resulted in probably 4-5 loses. Games where his defensive presence would have been the difference. Yes he is a liability on offense but that's not really our issue all season. Last year we were a much better defensive team and some of that credit has to go Solo.

I know trading AD is against the majority but I’m starting to think it may be our only chance right now to right this ship . We sign Boogie we’re are basically strapped unable to improve this team as long as they are both are here . AD just doesn’t have that fire that leadership mentality to push this team over the top he’s passive he acts like he has a role player mentality . I love AD but I just don’t see another route to being competitive I hope I’m wrong . Trade AD to Boston for Hortford Brown and Tatum and throw Boogie in there plus you still have tons of money to put more pieces around them . I don’t what to do but unless this team is willing to go over the cap we’ll never be a top three team in the West .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I know trading AD is against the majority but I’m starting to think it may be our only chance right now to right this ship . We sign Boogie we’re are basically strapped unable to improve this team as long as they are both are here . AD just doesn’t have that fire that leadership mentality to push this team over the top he’s passive he acts like he has a role player mentality . I love AD but I just don’t see another route to being competitive I hope I’m wrong . Trade AD to Boston for Hortford Brown and Tatum and throw Boogie in there plus you still have tons of money to put more pieces around them . I don’t what to do but unless this team is willing to go over the cap we’ll never be a top three team in the West .

Wow I'm glad you don't get to make any big decisions.

I didn’t say that I wanted to trade him I just said it may be the only way to eventually get better I don’t see us getting past the first round in the near future if this franchise does not consider going over the tax it just isn’t happening .

Yes. Get rid of once in a lifetime talent so we can do fans favorite thing...hope for another one.

Look if you're having trouble winning with players like Davis and Cousins on your team. Your problems are somewhere else...off the court not on it.

Pelicans Vs Jazz - February 5th

We have to legit starters AD and Boogie then there is Jrue that’s all we have Mirotic and Moore good back ups the rest of these guys shouldn’t be seeing quality minutes in an actual NBA game this roster is terrible we need so much help right now and we have ZERO money to change that in the near future .

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yes. Get rid of once in a lifetime talent so we can do fans favorite thing...hope for another one.

Look if you're having trouble winning with players like Davis and Cousins on your team. Your problems are somewhere else...off the court not on it.
    I agree it’s coaching and the rest of the crappy roster how do you suggest we fix this with no money and a front office not willing to go over the tax ??

AD is not once in a lifetime talent that’s the mentality of fans but it’s just not true . Jordan , Lebron are once in a lifetime talent AD is not , look I love AD and I don’t want him to leave but we’re in big trouble if this franchise isn’t willing to spend the money and go over the tax because we have no draft picks and we have no assets so I don’t know how we improve this team around AD and Boogie we need at minimum two or three more solid starting caliber players with no money or no assets tell me how we get them this year or next ??

Because the guy doing it now is such a good decision maker

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Because the guy doing it now is such a good decision maker
    I never said that he was.

AD is not once in a lifetime talent that’s the mentality of fans but it’s just not true .
    That's just categorically wrong.

Comparing all of these players in their 5th year, per 100 possessions:

Anthony Davis: 38pts/16rbs/2.8asts/3blks on 27.5PER and 58%TS

Kareem: 28.1/15.1/5/3.6 on 24.4PER and 56%TS
    Shaq: 36/17/4.3/4 on 27.1 PER and 55%TS
    Tim Duncan: 33.5/16.7/4.9/3.3 on 27PER and 57%TS
    Hakeem: 31.7/17.2/2.3/4.4 on 25.2PER and 55%TS.

So maybe AD isn't once in a lifetime: he just fits in the same category of player as Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, Tim Duncan, and that kind of player. I'm not happy to give that up, especially when he's not even 25 yet (all of these other players were 25+ in their 5th season).

Pelicans Vs Jazz - February 5th

I’m not happy to give him up either so tell me how we’re going to add players with no money and no assets for the foreseeable future . Although AD isn’t a once in a lifetime player he is top five or seven in the league right now and that’s pretty good I get that my concern is we are strapped unless we change course and spend over the tax we are not getting out of the first round any time soon so what do we do. It’s very concerning to me I just hope we don’t lose AD or Boogie for nothing that would ruin this franchise .

Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 02-06-2018 at 09:16 AM.

I’m not happy to give him up either so tell me how we’re going to add players with no money and no assets for the foreseeable future . Although AD isn’t a once in a lifetime player he is top five or seven in the league right now and that’s pretty good I get that my concern is we are strapped unless we change course and spend over the tax we are not getting out of the first round any time soon so what do we do. It’s very concerning to me I just hope we don’t lose AD or Boogie for nothing that would ruin this franchise .

There is no easy answer. There's a limit to the number of moves we can make, obviously, but the only three players I consider completely untouchable are AD, Cousins, and Jrue.

But the fact that I don't have a great answer immediately means nothing; you don't get to assume that just because you've yet to hear a panacea explanation that your explanation is at all valid. Yours isn't. The entire point of the "sell everything for picks and young players) movement is to draft AD. We have him. Don't take steps backwards from here.

There is no easy answer. There's a limit to the number of moves we can make, obviously, but the only three players I consider completely untouchable are AD, Cousins, and Jrue.

But the fact that I don't have a great answer immediately means nothing; you don't get to assume that just because you've yet to hear a panacea explanation that your explanation is at all valid. Yours isn't. The entire point of the "sell everything for picks and young players) movement is to draft AD. We have him. Don't take steps backwards from here.
    I agree I feel the same way and I’m not saying what I said is the right answer but I have no other ideas that we will be able to execute to improve this team I see absolutely no way out of this mess . This team is BAD all the way around .

I agree I feel the same way and I’m not saying what I said is the right answer but I have no other ideas that we will be able to execute to improve this team I see absolutely no way out of this mess . This team is BAD all the way around .

Well that's not true. We're barely five games off losing 26/13 every night. It's taking time to right the ship, and I think that's understandable. I think we'll be okay overall and still make the playoffs (7th or 8th instead of 5th/6th now) but we can't really judge yet, I feel. Let Mirotic at least have a practise first

Well that's not true. We're barely five games off losing 26/13 every night. It's taking time to right the ship, and I think that's understandable. I think we'll be okay overall and still make the playoffs (7th or 8th instead of 5th/6th now) but we can't really judge yet, I feel. Let Mirotic at least have a practise first
    I feel like we will be a .500 team for the rest of the year unless something changes. Will this make us the playoffs? Yes. The defense is crazy bad lately. I do not know how to fix that.

For real tho, what up with this defense?

Coaching or Personnel?

I thought Erman was a turd polisher...

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    For real tho, what up with this defense?

Coaching or Personnel?

I thought Erman was a turd polisher...
    I think it's a combination of Rondo starting and hill being out, and playing Moore at sf. Rondo going to a bench role and Liggins starting should help a ton as he can guard longer sf and Moore can play his natural position of sg.
    Last edited by 23speedkillz; 02-08-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Beach role

lol that works also

Thread Information