.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Season hype thread!

  1. #1

    Season hype thread!

    It's getting close!


















  2. #2

  3. #3
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    839
    Magnitude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1505510903613.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	6297  

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Loooooooool

  6. #6
    I only hope this doesn't end like the last hype thread.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJacket View Post
    I only hope this doesn't end like the last hype thread.
    With every single one of these players tearing their achilles within the next three days?

    That would suck.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJacket View Post
    I only hope this doesn't end like the last hype thread.
    Thats why I just posted videos! Lol

  9. #9
    That's for compiling all those.

    I especially like that somebody actually took the time to make a "Jordan Crawford All 105 Field Goals in 2016-17" video.

  10. #10
    I'll add to this thread, Maybe we are all sleeping on Darius Miller? I've never seen him have so much aggressive, swagger, and confidence.


    He has been called the best player in Germany by some respected basketball minds, and word is Pelicans staff thinks he is a steal. He was supposedly a top target overseas for numerous teams.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'll add to this thread, Maybe we are all sleeping on Darius Miller? I've never seen him have so much aggressive, swagger, and confidence.


    He has been called the best player in Germany by some respected basketball minds, and word is Pelicans staff thinks he is a steal. He was supposedly a top target overseas for numerous teams.
    I agree man, that's a good point. Just watched a game highlight from 2014 when he was here, was sharing the floor with Aminu, Morrow and Greg Stiesma at times. Now with all the confidence and strength he's gained overseas, and playing alongside some real NBA caliber talent with this roster, he should fit it awesomely. I think the plan right now is/should be to let him start at SF and be that solid 3-pt. shooter and defender glue-guy.

    Also now that Ajinca looks to be on the roster going in to training camp, I think we can feel good about him being the back-up big man alongside Dante and/or Diallo. He played pretty well after the Cousins trade and can play alongside Davis or Cousins. Certainly it's not ideal having that contract money tied up at C for a player of his caliber, but that's one less position they have to worry about signing some new guy to fill.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    ADfan23 tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,185
    Not to sound like a downer but personally I don't think Miller could do those moves in the nba... The guys he was doing it against just seem so unathletic... Hopefully he can keep his hot hand from 3 up tho
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

  14. #14
    I know it means nothing but AD's snapchat today of him, his crew and Boogie watching the GGG fight made me so happy

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Not to sound like a downer but personally I don't think Miller could do those moves in the nba... The guys he was doing it against just seem so unathletic... Hopefully he can keep his hot hand from 3 up tho
    Yeah I don't think so either. But half of it plus solid defense would be great for us. Especially if he shoots 40% from 3

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by gdf22 View Post
    I know it means nothing but AD's snapchat today of him, his crew and Boogie watching the GGG fight made me so happy
    Same!! Boogie is hilarious lol

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Not to sound like a downer but personally I don't think Miller could do those moves in the nba... The guys he was doing it against just seem so unathletic... Hopefully he can keep his hot hand from 3 up tho
    Agreed he looked pretty slow, but all he needs to do is knock down the open three and I think he could actually excel at doing that

    Pels need shooters, Pels need shooters, all the time we hear that. Well, I think here is one

  18. #18
    The Franchise tthier2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Opelousas
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Agreed he looked pretty slow, but all he needs to do is knock down the open three and I think he could actually excel at doing that

    Pels need shooters, Pels need shooters, all the time we hear that. Well, I think here is one
    Yeah he looked super slow. Shot seems to have a long release too. Oh well still pulling for the guy
    I'm a grinder

  19. #19
    Inspired by the muzak version that appears in the Rajon Rondo video, every morning I get up and watch another one of these highlight compilations with the sound turned off and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" turned up full blast. I will never again watch a highlight reel any other way.

  20. #20
    Miller didn't look slow. All he mostly did in those highlights were pull up Js. Size will make the difference in the NBA not speed. He wont be able to just pull up on most NBA forwards with more active hands.

    Hopefully his handles have gotten better. Other than that all he needs to do now is hit open catch and shoots.

    It's not a bad roster at all. As always, it comes down to how well they're coached to execute their stuff.

  21. #21
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Miller didn't look slow. All he mostly did in those highlights were pull up Js. Size will make the difference in the NBA not speed. He wont be able to just pull up on most NBA forwards with more active hands.

    Hopefully his handles have gotten better. Other than that all he needs to do now is hit open catch and shoots.

    It's not a bad roster at all. As always, it comes down to how well they're coached to execute their stuff.
    thats pretty much the way I saw this video too... he looked hesitant when we was here years ago, but I like the way he pulled the trigger over there...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  22. #22
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,610
    the saints are 0-2 and look bad on defense again so its setting up for the pelicans to be the city savior in sports....

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the saints are 0-2 and look bad on defense again so its setting up for the pelicans to be the city savior in sports....
    I was in the city last week for vacation and saw a lot of people wearing Pelicans hats, shirts, etc. The time is now for the team to make its presence felt locally because there is no telling what the Saints will do this year.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 09-18-2017 at 12:53 PM.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I was in the city last week for vacation and saw a lot of people wearing Pelicans hats, shirts, etc. The time is now for the team to make its presence felt locally because there is no telling what the Saints will do this year.
    It's time for this city to see true defense through the Caw Caw Boyz!

  25. #25
    How well do y'all honestly think Jrue will gel with Rondo? They were ranked the 22nd best backcourt in the league.

    If I were Gentry I would try a hands off approach with Rondo and let him run this offense.

    Who do y'all see getting significant minutes off the bench? We need 3 point shooting but the thing is our backup guards are good 3 point shooters. Ian Clark, Crawford, and Moore is a decent 3 point shooter. I think putting Clark in at point with Jrue at SG would be interesting. If I were Gentry, I would have two .37-40 3 point shooters on the court at the same time as often as possible. We really need three 3 point shooters on the court in my opinion. So Jrue would have to become a 3 point shooter making .37-39 of his 3s. This is definitely possible now that we have Rondo. Jrue and Cousins could be two 3 point threats. That would make this team more dangerous. I also like Martell Webster and if he makes the team he will add 3 point shooting. There are still a lot of questions to be answered but I really believe the 3 point shooting is going to be the factor that elevates the PELS to a truly elite team. The best teams seem to have multiple three point threats in the starting lineup. Improve defense to a top 3 and offense to a top 12.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •