Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Willie Cauley Stein

Willie Cauley Stein

Apparently (according to twitter) WCS wants out of Sacremento. Assuming its true do you want the pels to make a play? If so what do you think it would take to get him?

Would be a great addition, but as usual, Pels probably can't offer any players the Kings would want in return.

Send them Ajinca and a 2nd.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It's worth a shot. Demps, do something right before you get canned.

Fill the roster with all Kentucky alum - that might buy us one more year of Davis.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Damn sure can't hurt to try.

Banned
    He's pretty trash isn't he?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._id2=caulewi01

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._id2=caulewi01

Take it for what it's worth. If the Kings are willing to do it, I'd do it.

Ajinca and a 1st round pick that is lottery protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    He's pretty trash isn't he?
    Yeah but so is ajinca. At least WCS is still on his rookie contract and I am not sold on the Kings ability to develop talent. Who was the last very good player drafted and developed by the kings outside of Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Pass

It will definitely take our 1st Rd. selection to acquire him. I just think we've ridden off Ajinca too quickly. I understand he doesn't "fit" the system per say, but you can't find many C's that has his offensive range. Besides, I don't believe Sacramento wants to trade one of their promising bigs for another big due to the crowded rotation they have thus far. They need depth on their wings and shooting.

Banned

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Willie Cauley Stein

Maybe the right to swap picks, if Sacramento is feeling ballsy. But, it'd be just our luck to mess around and win the lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Can we chill with the tossing around 1st rounders like they were 2nd rounders?

I would absolutely love to make this move. Sure it would be great to have a super star at center like Cousins but I would rather reserve that $ for the SF. I would take any super star though lol just saying. I think a center with the skill set of WCS is exactly what we need. Someone who is long athletic rim protector who can get boards. Also can actually dunk the ball when no one is around him and not need a running start. I think he would be a very good compliment AD and being young should only continue to improve. Also is said to be a great leader and teammate.

I would like him. But like another said I don't think they'd take another big back. And I don't know that we have anything they would want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

WCS is a bad rebounder, sure he's a lot younger and cheaper than Asik, but it's basically another flavor of limited defensive big. I would hate to burn an asset, even a 2nd rounder, that we would need to move Asik off the books in the event the team had the opportunity to acquire a big money wing in the offseason. A better plan that trading a 2nd for WCS and being stuck with Asik would be to target a different limited defensive center in FA, like Withey. Keep your options open because WCS vs Asik vs Withey isn't going to change the win column nearly as much as being able to sign a Hayward or absorb a Harrison Barnes. You also have to consider how deep this draft supposedly is. If you can get another Diallo level talent with the Philly 2nd, maybe you ride out Asik for another year if you don't need his cap space.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    A first round pick of any shape or protection for Wiley Cauley-Stein?

Shake yourself, meat!

Then you don't get him. All these people assuming you can just get a #6 pick who had an solid if not outstanding 1st season (his rookie season) for something less is crazy. Ajinca is just filler to match contracts.

He has started this season off bad, in 9 games. There's no way you dump him for nothing because of that.

See this is where the forum is absolutely still off its rocker. The trade suggestions are so one sided that they aren't even close to realistic. This is a prime example. Getting a #6 pick one year later for a pick that is guaranteed to be No. 15 or worse is a good trade and realistically is what it would take to get him. Hey Buddy has not been outstanding so far. Should we trade him for another Ajinca or would you want more value for him? Gotta be realistic people.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 11-12-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Then you don't get him. All these people assuming you can just get a #6 pick who had an solid if not outstanding 1st season (his rookie season) for something less is crazy. Ajinca is just filler to match contracts.

He has started this season off bad, in 9 games. There's no way you dump him for nothing because of that.

See this is where the forum is absolutely still off its rocker. The trade suggestions are so one sided that they aren't even close to realistic. This is a prime example. Getting a #6 pick one year later for a pick that is guaranteed to be No. 15 or worse is a good trade and realistically is what it would take to get him. Hey Buddy has not been outstanding so far. Should we trade him for another Ajinca or would you want more value for him? Gotta be realistic people.
    You're being too logical .
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Definitely wouldn't want to give up a first for him, but I get what mythrol is saying. They won't give him away.
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    If we could get a young player or pick for Tyreke, and package that with the Philly second, then MAYBE.

It depends on who has the upper hand in a trade. He certainly does not have the value of the 6th pick in the draft. If the Kings want to unload him, you get him at a deal. Otherwise, there is no reason to overpay for a player who has not impressed. He is not a dire need for the Pelicans. You do not throw away 1st rounders on players that teams may be trying to unload.

It depends on who has the upper hand in a trade. He certainly does not have the value of the 6th pick in the draft. If the Kings want to unload him, you get him at a deal. Otherwise, there is no reason to overpay for a player who has not impressed. He is not a dire need for the Pelicans. You do not throw away 1st rounders on players that teams may be trying to unload.
    The kings have the upper hand because there's 29 other teams. They have no reason or incentive to just give him away. He had a solid rookie year, he has plenty of value to be able to get a 1st round pick for him.

Thread Information