Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans interested in Kenneth Faried

Yes if this was the 2012 Olympic version of Faried then yes I wouldn't mind giving up a pick for him possibly. He's in his prime now at 26, but with athleticism being his only good attribute I can't give up a pick for possibly only get a season or 2 of his prime. I think Diallo can give us what he can in a couple seasons anyway. I much rather Greg Monroe cause he's bigger and his game isn't based off athleticism. But I wouldn't give a pick for either of them unless I'm getting a bigger guard too..

Yea that is the problem is Faried putting us in win now mode with this team and no other needle moving changes. That would lead to nothing but sub par with no improvements coming in the next year. If we have some injuries or just a sub par season we get nothing for it and again no improvements coming after the season. Faried absolutely does not cover SFs and is a complete liability covering centers as well. You can't play Faried at SF ever and at center would be nothing but a few spot minutes here and there. Has nothing to do with lead feet on defense because Faried is a bad defender as well. If you are going to call Ryno a luxury because he plays the same positions as AD then Faried must be considered the same. So Faried and Frazier would have been what got us over the hump lol? I'm either in the driver seat or passenger seat of Frazies bandwagon but that's funny. This is about winning games not getting a lob pass a couple times a game. Lots of contradicting from what has previously been said.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-08-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    But I digress. Faried nor Monrow are coming here. We all expect this to be a playoff team, so a move will come at some point, but it probably won't be for either guy.
    I agree. I doubt we'd get either of these guys but I'd be happy if we got one of them.

I dont want to give up any asset for Fareid, id rather Monroe who does something well and can add vs another short energy guy
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

I think the biggest reason not to go after Faried would be the Pels projection of Diallo. Clearly for the next 2 years Diallo is just development and more development.

If the Pels see Diallo as that guy that can cover 3-5, rebound, and run the court then giving up large assets for Faried wouldn't make sense.

But, people need to stop with the Faried is trash talk. Dude is remarkable consistent over every year he has played. As a matter of fact this past year he posted his 2nd highest PER. He is a 12-9-1 guy and has been right around there his entire career. He'll be in his prime throughout the rest of this contract so there's no reason to think his numbers won't continue.

He has value. The problem is more about being able find a package that both teams are happy with. Our need for him is less now too since Jones came so cheap.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-08-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm with UNO on that one. We tanked for that lotto placement. And yeah, insert Faried and no tanking and we for sure would have been out of the lottery.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    You think that adding Faried would have gotten us to the playoffs last year? That is a huge stretch IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

But, people need to stop with the Faried is trash talk. Dude is remarkable consistent over every year he has played. As a matter of fact this past year he posted his 2nd highest PER. He is a 12-9-1 guy and has been right around there his entire career. He'll be in his prime throughout the rest of this contract so there's no reason to think his numbers won't continue.
    Not sure about that given the injuries. Also, he plays terrible defense. He is what he is, a very good rebounder and energy guy. He gives you a little offense and no defense.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You think that adding Faried would have gotten us to the playoffs last year? That is a huge stretch IMO.
    Google searches that may help clear things up:

How many teams make the NBA playoffs?

How many teams are in the NBA?

And

How many picks are NBA "lottery picks"?

Please go back and reread the posts from me and UNO, guys. We never said that we would have made the playoffs or that it was the better route.....UNO was simply stating how much better he thinks we would have been had we had Faried. Guardian went off on a crazy tangent far far away from the point made......I guess people followed.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-08-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I think by adding Faried you aren't picking 6th, but probably picking somewhere around where the Jazz/Rockets/Wizards were drafting (meaning we finish with 10-11 more wins). Its not that hard to imagine either considering how we went many games starting lessor talent than Faried at spots where he would have been valuable. How many times was Frazier the best guy on the court (because everyone else was hurt)? If we could have put him with Faried, that would have been a more palpable threat than DC, Perkins, etc.

But I guess I side with Mythrol. Considering what we saw from Diallo (who wasn't a lottery pick), if we so strongly believe in him, then save the pick (which will be in the late teens because we are going to either make the playoffs or come a game or two shy), and use it as an asset to move Asik, or Reke.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'm with UNO on that one. We tanked for that lotto placement. And yeah, insert Faried and no tanking and we for sure would have been out of the lottery.

Here is your quote. The only teams in the lottery are those that did not make the playoffs.

I think by adding Faried you aren't picking 6th, but probably picking somewhere around where the Jazz/Rockets/Wizards were drafting (meaning we finish with 10-11 more wins). Its not that hard to imagine either considering how we went many games starting lessor talent than Faried at spots where he would have been valuable. How many times was Frazier the best guy on the court (because everyone else was hurt)? If we could have put him with Faried, that would have been a more palpable threat than DC, Perkins, etc.

But I guess I side with Mythrol. Considering what we saw from Diallo (who wasn't a lottery pick), if we so strongly believe in him, then save the pick (which will be in the late teens because we are going to either make the playoffs or come a game or two shy), and use it as an asset to move Asik, or Reke.
    Faried would not have made any sense last year. What would we have done with Ryno? Faried cannot play the 3 nor can Ryno. Does adding Faried and playing him over Ryno move the needle much?

Faried would not have made any sense last year. What would we have done with Ryno? Faried cannot play the 3 nor can Ryno. Does adding Faried and playing him over Ryno move the needle much?
    Thats what most of us are wondering with Demps. Could he not have done something with him?

But here is a fun article about Faried from just a few months ago. It talks about him being a 6th man.
    http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/5/1...best-sixth-man

Not sure about that given the injuries. Also, he plays terrible defense. He is what he is, a very good rebounder and energy guy. He gives you a little offense and no defense.
    Go look at the numbers yourself if you doubt. He's remarkably consistent.

Ugh!

Late night fuzzy math getting me owned!

Thats what most of us are wondering with Demps. Could he not have done something with him?

But here is a fun article about Faried from just a few months ago. It talks about him being a 6th man.
    http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/5/1...best-sixth-man
    I agree with him thriving as a 6th man.

Coming off the bench, Faried's defensive can be masked as he can take on more of an all-energy and hustle role. That's what he is renowned for, highlight reel dunks in transition and hustling back to swat the ball into the stands. Faried can come on when the Nuggets are lacking energy - which happened a lot last season - and get things moving. A big dunk that gets fans off their feet is his specialty.

As a sixth man, Faried can focus on being a spark plug. Insert him into this team and the hard-running, high flying Nuggets of seasons past that dominated the high altitude of Pepsi Center may return. The sixth man can bring the energy and the excitement which, coincidentally, is what made Faried a fan favorite in the first place.

He has been. My comment was in response to your comment that the numbers will continue. I am not sure if they will given his injuries and lack of defense (which will dictate the role he plays).

Ok and when did anybody say he wasn't a consistent player with value? Haven't seen anyone bash Faried but just say they wouldn't give up an unprotected 1st. He's "remarkably consistent" so what does that mean? We are giving up an unprotected 1st? Tons of NBA guys are consistent with value but doesn't mean they warrant an unprotected 1st especially our situation.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-08-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Exactly. This isn't bashing him it's just evaluating him for what he is. Like I previously said I wouldn't mind adding Faried but not for an unprotected 1st. Also if we weren't sending someone like Asik out I wouldn't want to add him either when it would limit us in FA. Faried no doubt makes us better but he is a luxury considering he plays the same positions as our best player and is not a needle mover that comes in and changes this team making us serious contenders. This is the exact move everyone has complained about Dell doing and we are getting away from this finally.

Google searches that may help clear things up:

How many teams make the NBA playoffs?

How many teams are in the NBA?

And

How many picks are NBA "lottery picks"?

Please go back and reread the posts from me and UNO, guys. We never said that we would have made the playoffs or that it was the better route.....UNO was simply stating how much better he thinks we would have been had we had Faried. Guardian went off on a crazy tangent far far away from the point made......I guess people followed.
    Crazy tangent far away from what y'all said? Lol what? I addressed the reasons why I don't think we should give up an unprotected 1st. If you aren't saying we would have made the playoffs then why are we trading our lottery pick for Faried?

Lol Faried is adding 10-11 wins?! You're kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ok and when did anybody say he wasn't a consistent player with value? Haven't seen anyone bash Faried but just say they wouldn't give up an unprotected 1st. He's "remarkably consistent" so what does that mean? We are giving up an unprotected 1st? Tons of NBA guys are consistent with value but doesn't mean they warrant an unprotected 1st especially our situation.
    I've never said he was worth an unprotected 1st. Read my post I was answering a response to before just spouting off stuff that I've already addressed.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-08-2016 at 04:22 PM.

I've never said he was worth an unprotected 1st. Read my post I was answering a response to before just spouting off stuff that I've already addressed.
    Ok and that's what this whole discussion has been about. Not that he is remarkably consistent when nobody ever said he wasn't. You jumped in the convo spouting off things to PelicansFan that he didn't say. This whole discussion has been about his value as an unprotected 1st, 1st, or even tying up future cap space. So maybe you should read posts before you jump in "spouting" things off lol.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-08-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Ok and that's what this whole discussion has been about. Not that he is remarkably consistent when nobody ever said he wasn't. You jumped in the convo spouting off things to PelicansFan that he didn't say. This whole discussion has been about his value as an unprotected 1st, 1st, or even tying up future cap space. So maybe you should read posts before you jump in "spouting" things off lol.
    Who besides the OP has said they would give an unprotected 1st?

An unprotected 1st, a 1st, and future cap are grossly different. This isnt confusing. it just requires you to read before quoting me and acting as if I said we should give up an unprotected 1st for him.

Who besides the OP has said they would give an unprotected 1st?

An unprotected 1st, a 1st, and future cap are grossly different. This isnt confusing. it just requires you to read before quoting me and acting as if I said we should give up an unprotected 1st for him.
    Lol who besides the OP? Obviously you are the one who needs to go back and read. I never quoted anything in regards to you wanting to give up an unprotected 1st. The conversation you jumped into spouting at PelicansFan was about this and why it isn't a good idea. Not because he isn't a good or consistent player but because he isn't a needle mover wth some flaws that were pointed out. So giving up an unprotected 1st would be a terrible idea which won't happen, giving up a 1st isn't ideal and probably won't happen, sacrificing future cap space isn't the best idea but could happen. These were all talked about no matter how grossly different.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-08-2016 at 07:30 PM.

I never quoted anything in regards to you wanting to give up an unprotected 1st.

He's "remarkably consistent" so what does that mean? We are giving up an unprotected 1st? Tons of NBA guys are consistent with value but doesn't mean they warrant an unprotected 1st especially our situation.
    Please just stop.

You actually would agree with me if you read my post PelifansFan quoted instead of just jumping in the middle of our conversation.

Pelicans interested in Kenneth Faried

Just throwing a hypothetical out there

Let's say Denver just decided to blow things up and just wanted to dump Faried so they call us and say, "Hey we'll take Evans and filler and you can have Faried."

Are there people who are against that here?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 08-08-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Thread Information