Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Picks 39 & 40 CAN play HUGE roll in our top pick !

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He's a guy that that was really good in college, yet seems like he had a whole other gear that he never shifted into. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out in the NBA. He could be Tim Duncan good.
    Well there's an over-reaction if ever I've seen one

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    i will trade 39 & 40 for 25-31 range

This.

Quote Originally Posted by gdf22 View Post
    Well there's an over-reaction if ever I've seen one
    Duncan is one player who has never gotten the respect he deserves. Only people that ever seem to praise him are the ones who have played against him or were big men in the NBA and know how special of a player he was. Arguably the best PF in NBA history with 5 rings if pretty darn impressive.

Two reasonable outcomes with the 39th and 40th picks.

1 - Packaged to move up.

2 - One used, the other sold.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Is there a huge Gulf between a 31 player and a 39&40 player?

Personally if that's as high as I can move up with them I stay where I am and have two chances of hitting on a player.

There's also benefits to having early 2nd round picks instead of late 1st. Namely, non guaranteed contracts.

I don't think there a big gulf generally between 20-something and undrafted. That said, there is no substitute for what you want, and there is nothing to make you like someone you don't have an affinity for unless you get new info of some type (perhaps about another player).

As long as the low roster churns, I'm good, no matter how the players get there. See BDJ. The draft rights are a separate trade asset (and useful), which should not be discounted, but so is cash (which has business uses, obviously). 2nd rounders are interesting and useful, and the players they are used on have this aura of potential upside that is intriguing. As such, they demand the proper respect as assets, but they can be gotten on the market (clearly) in various ways. As far as these picks go, I don't much care other than I'd like to a proper Euro stash for a few reasons.

Just a reminder that Dramond Green, Manu Ginobili, Carlos Boozer, Michael Redd and a host of others were selected in the 2nd round. Organizations that want to take the next step exhaust all options before going the Shinn route and sell draft picks. The right fit for this team will be on the board in the 2nd round. It's just a matter of going the extra mile in scouting, combines and individual workouts in order to find that player. Let's hope this franchise is up to the task.

Dunn, levert and hammons or hammons and levert. All three are big payoff guys if they work out. And all three have that upperclassman maturity coming out that Dell would covet.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Duncan is one player who has never gotten the respect he deserves. Only people that ever seem to praise him are the ones who have played against him or were big men in the NBA and know how special of a player he was. Arguably the best PF in NBA history with 5 rings if pretty darn impressive.
    I think he's a unanimous choice as the best PF of all time. He's gotten all of the respect that any player could get, but since he doesn't live for the cameras, or doing much social media... you don't hear people talking about him. But he's gotten plenty of props for being the GOAT PF.

Our second rounders will save us!

But for real. Would be nice to pull a diamond out with one of these.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 05-27-2016 at 01:03 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Dunn, levert and hammons or hammons and levert. All three are big payoff guys if they work out. And all three have that upperclassman maturity coming out that Dell would covet.
    AJ Hammons is going to be a good player

I also like Hammons, but there is another guy that I think will be here whom I think will be a good pickup. Jake Layman!!!

Thread Information