Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picks 39 & 40 CAN play HUGE roll in our top pick !

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Picks 39 & 40 CAN play HUGE roll in our top pick !

There will be SEVERAL FUTURE NBA starters at PICKS 39-40.At all positions!
    1) AJ Hammond-CENTER-Purdue 7'0" 275 lbs!Polished enough offensively & Plays big around the rim!
    2)Ben Bentil-UCONN-PF! Can flat out score!Old fashioned way>15 ft baseline jumpers & Offensive boards.
    3)Caris LeVert-Michigan~Wow,he's LONG 6'7" Combo, Athletic & can shoot the 3!1 BIG NEGATIVE~Injured last two seasons does NOT go well w/OUR training staff !
    4) Wayne Seldon~Kansas Long,athletic & adequate 3 pt shooter! Can run 4 ever! Not a bad program at KANSAS
    5) Gary Payton~ Very Good guard PG on very Mediocre team at Oregon State! TOUGH on a Point Guard when you have NOBODY to throw it to!VERY SMART & Tough!PEDIGREE aint bad,either!
    I also like Cat Barber from NC State! Big scorer,but not a good shooter! Might be too much REKE in him though !
    & Isaiah Whitehead~Seton Hall! Big Strong kid,Streaky! YOUNG !! I think 1 more yr at SH would have been better for him !

Banned
    This feels like a Pawel type thread

Didn't Ben Bentil play at Providence not UCONN?
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Didn't Ben Bentil play at Providence not UCONN?
    You are Correct! typo ! Played w/ Dunn !

it doesn't mean a thing on who they draft 1st round or second as long as DEL DEMPS is in charge of this team
    how many draft pick does he have on this team since he been here how about the lied he told everybody that he'
    was going build thru the draft i know davis is a great player but he can't do it by himself were are the other draft
    picks that demps himself said we were going build this team with i know how about these players badback asik
    i got a new problem every year gordon and the best yet one leg holiday that we gave two 1st pick for
    so lets not get our hope up he will most likly pick somebody and less then a year give them away again

39 and 40 provide nice value this year as the draft is thin at top, but deep with rotation guys to 45. There are going to be surprise players falling into the 2nd.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I would like for us to actually draft some players with 39 and 40 and try to develop them. Would be nice if we hit on just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I would like for us to actually draft some players with 39 and 40 and try to develop them. Would be nice if we hit on just one of them.
    I would be surprised if we even make those picks for our team. I almost envision trading one for a future pick and either picking a foreign stash or selling the other.

Ben Bentil I'll say it again, future starter and major contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would be surprised if we even make those picks for our team. I almost envision trading one for a future pick and either picking a foreign stash or selling the other.
    Have we sold a pick on draft day like that since Benson has taken over? Trading one for a future pick makes no sense unless it's for a future 1st or high 2nd. Which likely won't be the case.

Have we sold a pick on draft day like that since Benson has taken over? Trading one for a future pick makes no sense unless it's for a future 1st or high 2nd. Which likely won't be the case.
    I just don't see us making 3 selections and adding 3 rookies to the team.

Yes, we sold our 2nd rounder in 2015 if I recall.

I just don't see us making 3 selections and adding 3 rookies to the team.

Yes, we sold our 2nd rounder in 2015 if I recall.
    Yea I'm sure we sold it to the Clippers and they picked Brendan Dawson

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    AJ Hammons and Wayne Selden.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    This feels like a Pawel type thread
    He is my alter ego...

Personally I would love to add 3 young players to the roster - but still don't believe it

I will trade 39 & 40 to go up
    Or even add Reke to it to climb to late lottery (go for Prince, Bermby or McCaw).

Assuming that we will use those 2 picks I will be extremly happy with any of: Brogdon, Blossomgame, Bentil and B. Johnson (fingers crosse also for Diallo, Bermby or McCaw).

Other option is to draft and stash Zipser (SF).

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Personally I would love to add 3 young players to the roster - but still don't believe it

I will trade 39 & 40 to go up
    Or even add Reke to it to climb to late lottery (go for Prince, Bermby or McCaw).

Assuming that we will use those 2 picks I will be extremly happy with any of: Brogdon, Blossomgame, Bentil and B. Johnson (fingers crosse also for Diallo, Bermby or McCaw).

Other option is to draft and stash Zipser (SF).
    solid list. Blossomgame, Bembry, McCaw and Zipser could actually be our SF of the future

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but one thing I don't believe this team changes, even if we keep the 6th pick, is whoever we draft in the 2nd round will be playing somewhere else by next January.

And when I say "if we keep" we could use these picks to trade up and make sure we get our #1 target.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm sorry, but one thing I don't believe this team changes, even if we keep the 6th pick, is whoever we draft in the 2nd round will be playing somewhere else by next January.

And when I say "if we keep" we could use these picks to trade up and make sure we get our #1 target.
    I don't know that 39 and 40 will help you move up from 6. Maybe there could be the opportunity to package 39 and 40 for something in the mid 20s if a target is there.

I don't know that 39 and 40 will help you move up from 6. Maybe there could be the opportunity to package 39 and 40 for something in the mid 20s if a target is there.
    Yeah 39 and 40 packaged with 6 couldn't even get you to 5.5.

i will trade 39 & 40 for 25-31 range

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I was kinda assuming a future 1st would also be included. Not even sure which person we'd want to jump for that isn't roughly equivalent to who would be there at 6th anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I was kinda assuming a future 1st would also be included. Not even sure which person we'd want to jump for that isn't roughly equivalent to who would be there at 6th anyway.
    Unless it is to 1 or 2, I am with you, there does not appear to be much difference in 3-6.

I'd love it if we took AJ Hammons at 39 or 40.

Absolutely! I would try to trade both picks if we can move up & GRAB Prince from Baylor! If he is still there at 22 or so! Get Hield or Murray at 6 for SG! Prince at 20 or so for your #3 !!! If not, Hammons is a Beast under the boards!~ Grab Seldon or Lavert w/ other 2nd rounder! Lavert can flat out SHOOT the 3 ! Hes Long also ! INJURIES area concern though !

He's a guy that that was really good in college, yet seems like he had a whole other gear that he never shifted into. It'll be interesting to see how he pans out in the NBA. He could be Tim Duncan good.

Thread Information