Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Congratulations 42.

Your argument for a mediocre Holiday has won awards with it's conciseness.

That's sarcasm just to let you know.
    Your choice to repeatedly display a lack of reading comprehension is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Your choice to repeatedly display a lack of reading comprehension is interesting.
    You agreed with a poster saying Jrue was 'middle of the road', did you not?

Except for injury can someone please tell me what they DONT like about Jrue Holiday?

He is just so smart, he can play any role... I've never seen a guard have such a good on ball game AND off ball game and be as under rated as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominica View Post
    Except for injury can someone please tell me what they DONT like about Jrue Holiday?

He is just so smart, he can play any role... I've never seen a guard have such a good on ball game AND off ball game and be as under rated as him.
    This is plain to see, yet the 42s of the world like to think of him as 'middle of the road'.

Trolololololol

This is plain to see, yet the 42s of the world like to think of him as 'middle of the road'.

Trolololololol
    You continue to misquote or misread. It is very sad.

Holiday is very good at many things and great at none. This makes him both rare and valuable, but he is not a prototypical, exemplary, or exceptionally good point guard in the classic sense.

Still, I view him as the second most important person on this team... hopefully he'll be the third most important one day, though.

Holiday is very good at many things and great at none. This makes him both rare and valuable, but he is not a prototypical, exemplary, or exceptionally good point guard in the classic sense.

Still, I view him as the second most important person on this team... hopefully he'll be the third most important one day, though.
    Whats your thoughts on Kris Dunn? even though we wont probably get him, also who is your favorite draft prospect outside of Simmons and why?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Whats your thoughts on Kris Dunn? even though we wont probably get him, also who is your favorite draft prospect outside of Simmons and why?
    I'll worry how to spend a bag of money when I find it. For now, I'll worry about what I can buy with what's in my wallet.

I don't think this is a totally unfair POV. I love Jrue for what he brings to the team, but is he a closer? Is he a superstar player? Not at this moment. Of course, he could turn into one, but he isn't right now, and as such, we should plan on finding a guy who can.

I view him as more of a Draymond Green type of player, in terms of roles (does a little bit of everything glue guy). Davis is a Kevin Durant type of lead dog, where I think he does well with another Alpha on the team who can take over a game if need be. Jrue can do that, but he doesn't do it consistently. If we can upgrade Tyreke to a player like that, I think this roster could work - especially if Asik returns to form.

For the record, Jrue is my favorite player on the team. I love it when he does well.

No one is arguing that Jrue isn't a good player, and few would disagree that he can't be a piece of this team for the future. But to claim that he is a top 5 or 7 point guard and is a superstar is pretty absurd. As 42 has stated, he is good at many things and at least average at pretty much everything. But he is not exceptional at anything and while he could probably be the third best player on a contender, he will not be the player to push this team to the next level.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jrue is a very good point guard. Too much gets made of where a player fits and it winds up becoming people that likea guy having to talk down about them.

There is no middle ground around here. He's either a superstar or a bum when the truth lies in the middle. I'm not a Jrue fan but even I say he's one of the keepers on this team if the position can't be upgraded. We're arguing about perspective.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Jrue is talented but he is a volume shooter and ball dominant. He has a great stat line but what's his efficiency? He is a mini Westbrook. If Jrue plays SG he will be Harden- like. It's a matter of style, I rather Ish's style of play.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Jrue is talented but he is a volume shooter and ball dominant. He has a great stat line but what's his efficiency? He is a mini Westbrook. If Jrue plays SG he will be Harden- like. It's a matter of style, I rather Ish's style of play.
    Ball dominant needs context. Are you saying he doesn't pass as much as he should?

Or that he's ineffective when off ball?
    Last edited by Eman5805; 01-29-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Serious question. If AD is a superstar and Jrue is so awesome plus Reke and Ryno (who many think are awesome), why is the team so bad? Last year it was coaching. New year, new coach, same bad team. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Serious question. If AD is a superstar and Jrue is so awesome plus Reke and Ryno (who many think are awesome), why is the team so bad? Last year it was coaching. New year, new coach, same bad team. Why is that?
    Injuries...?

Bad GM?

Or these guys aren't as good as most think they are.

Or these guys aren't as good as most think they are.
    Maybe or maybe they just do not work together. It is a very odd roster and it appears many players do not fit together. That is on Demps. I still cannot believe he was not fired when Williams was fired. We really need a change at GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Injuries...?
    ppl forget how valuable Q-pon was the second half of the season. Teams really missed his 3 and D. I think we would've closer to .500 if he was't injured.

Jrue Holiday

Jrue is a 3rd option in the starting lineup on a top 5 team in the NBA. He is our second option and with AD hurt he is our first. Ryno actually fits well in gentry system especially coming off the bench as a 6th man. Our problems...Reke is a ball dominant guard that likes to play at a slower pace(not a good fit in gentry system), Asik is banging defensive center that will control the paint in a slower paced offense he can be useful. Our up tempo running wears him down fast. EG is a spot up shooter now. He doesn't draw fouls when attacking the basket. SF - we have a black hole at SF with QPon out. Gee can play defense, but not much offense. He is good as a second unit player that occasionally comes in to play defense when needed in the first unit.

In the end, Jrue is not our problem. He is a guy that can have great performances when he is on, but not consistent enough to be our second option. Great players have close to the same production every game. Lebron off nights he still scores 20 points and changes the game in other ways just like KD, Chris Paul, Curry, Leonard etc. Even 2nd fiddle guys have close to the same production and occasionally go off Westbrook, Griffin, Draymond Green, and Aldridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msw2024; 01-29-2016 at 04:43 PM.

We would of won 53 games last year if few injuries it is real bad coaching this year that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Maybe or maybe they just do not work together. It is a very odd roster and it appears many players do not fit together. That is on Demps. I still cannot believe he was not fired when Williams was fired. We really need a change at GM.
    I'll buy this and yes, Demps should have on the same bus as Monty

Not sure if serious?

Top 3 defensive PG for starters, rarely turns the ball over, good court vision, can get to the rack and finish in heavy traffic, great handles, excellent shooter, elite length for a PG, excellent BBIQ, has shown he can be clutch.

You and the other sleepers are selling Jrue way way way too short.
    They have no choice because they were beating the table for so long basically guaranteeing he would never be worth a damn again. Now that Jrue has come back and is playing very good they can't accept it. So no matter what he does it won't change their mind because of what they already committed to. Some would rather see Jrue get hurt again instead of be a vital piece moving forward to validate what they previously said. I don't think anyone called him an all world PG just that he is an all star caliber player who right now is playing like a top 10 PG in this league. He is just entering his prime after rehabbing instead of working on his game. If he looks this good now then I fully expect we see someone even better. I don't think anyone thought Curry was going to turn into the best player in the NBA or even a top 5 PG. Not saying Jrue is Curry but to say he can't be a top player in this league is crazy. Guy is one of the most complete PGs in this league which is a pretty damn good player to have moving forward.

Thread Information