Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    "Per 36" is fun to talk about, but unless the player is playing 36 minutes a game, does it really matter?
    absolutely it matters. if you are comparing a player who gets 38 minutes per game or 31 minutes per game and they have the same stats, then yes it greatly matters. If u are comparing someone who gets 35 minutes a game to someone who gets 7 minutes a game, no it doesn't matter.

but seriously, per 36, jrue averaging 20-8-4 with 45% from the field and 38% from 3 with his defense, all star numbers. Actually all NBA 1st team numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Actually all NBA 1st team numbers.
    westrbrook per 36 - 25,4-7,7-10,3
    curry 32,2-5,7-6,9

so at best All Nba 2nd team
    if somebody is watching Pelicans games (which I doubt)

but seriously, per 36, jrue averaging 20-8-4 with 45% from the field and 38% from 3 with his defense, all star numbers. Actually all NBA 1st team numbers.
    Yea and I fully expect him next season to average in that area. I think it's very likely he averages 17-20 ppg 7-9 apg 3-5 RPG while having an even better shooting % after getting his legs under him and little things like getting use to the contact on layups he is missing now that he will improve at in the future. Some mite argue Jrue isn't an elite defender but there is not question he is a very good one with potential to be in the same breath as the best. We have an all star PG for 2 1st round picks and I would consider that a great move. Only like two scenarios of acquiring two players from those 1st round picks I would have even considered over Jrue and it was very unlikely we actually took one of those combinations. We have an all star caliber PG just entering his prime who isn't just a one way player but very good all around who can make a leap similiar to Curry. Not saying he is going to be Curry but Jrue can no doubt be a top 10 PG. Kind of funny how some people were talking like it was a fact he was garbage and would never be good again. Quite a few people are very quiet right now and are in hiding. Can't wait to see this guy in the future and have him continue to keep some people quiet.

it helps going against backups most of the team

dude will never be an All Star again. 1st time was luck due to injuries

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    it helps going against backups most of the team

dude will never be an All Star again. 1st time was luck due to injuries
    I always said that he was a default All-Star. They had to pick somebody. IIRC, he tanked right after the All-Star game. He's a good player but not an All-Star. He's like Randy Jackson. He was technically a member of the Jackson 5 but not really. Jermaine had to leave for him to get in LOL. Seriously though, he's not an All-Star guard in this league.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 01-28-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Seriously though, he's not an All-Star guard in this league.
    I mean, he is, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I mean, he is, but whatever.
    I guess technically he is but in actuality, he isn't. Let's not kid ourselves.

Jrue is not an all star guard in the loaded West but he arguably is a better player than any guard in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Jrue is not an all star guard in the loaded West but he arguably is a better player than any guard in the East.
    This.

I guess technically he is but in actuality, he isn't. Let's not kid ourselves.
    Yea funny you were on the bandwagon how Jrue was garbage. Guess you have to come up with something to make you feel better. Only a handful of PGs are all stars. Saying he isn't an all star caliber player and isn't playing like one now is false. But yea it's against backups lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    He should meet the Wall...

too much focus on "all-star" in here. he isn't at the top for popularity, and not at a level where coaches are going to vote him in. We should be trying to keep him low key - don't want his contract value sky rocketing on us now.

Who cares if he actually gets into the All-Star game, all that matters is the fact that he's putting up numbers that are similar to what point guards making the All-Star game are. Jrue probably never will make another All-Star game, but as long as he continues to produce at that level, it doesn't matter.
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea funny you were on the bandwagon how Jrue was garbage. Guess you have to come up with something to make you feel better. Only a handful of PGs are all stars. Saying he isn't an all star caliber player and isn't playing like one now is false. But yea it's against backups lol.
    I'm still not a Jrue fan. I don't see where my opinion has changed.

uptown, put down the crack pipe and slowly back away. Jrue can ball, he is the point guard Alvin wants. we need to trade Tyreke and Gordon for pieces. If we trade those 2 we will need 2 of these three PG, SG and SF. They do not have to be all-stars just good 2 way players.

The Franchise    Contributor   

if Jrue is getting starter's minutes, and is on the floor at the end of games, why does it still drive me crazy that he isn't starting? I was livid last night when I saw the starting line-up. While it really shouldn't matter it annoys me (although thankfully it doesn't seem to annoy him). Can it really be as simple as Gentry likes him coming on later as a spark after the other team has gotten a little winded, brought on some of their second unit, etc? Does watching for a few minutes help Jrue get in to a better flow? As long as the minutes are there and he is in at crunch time, is this a non-story? I don't get it

maybe we are showcasing Cole? who knows?

unless we are winning it does not matter probably.
    good that Jrue is always finishing

Knowing how to play the PG position with tempo & pace, knowing angles on the court, and having a basketball IQ , will give you the excellent play of Jrue Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    uptown, put down the crack pipe and slowly back away. Jrue can ball, he is the point guard Alvin wants. we need to trade Tyreke and Gordon for pieces. If we trade those 2 we will need 2 of these three PG, SG and SF. They do not have to be all-stars just good 2 way players.
    I don't disagree with this. I've actually said this before. I just say that he isn't the all-world pg that people seem to think he is. He is a middle of the pack pg. It seems that a player needs to be superstar or garbage around here. In actuality, most Pels fall in the middle. Jrue isn't upper echelon nor is he the worst pg. Right in the middle.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 01-29-2016 at 09:10 AM.

I don't disagree with this. I've actually said this before. I just say that he isn't the all-world pg that people seem to think he is. He is a middle of the pack pg. It seems that a player needs to be superstar or garbage around here. In actuality, most Pels fall in the middle. Jrue isn't upper echelon nor is he the worst pg. Right in the middle.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Yup
    My first 42 co-sign. I need to some how memorialize this. LOL

Not sure if serious?

Top 3 defensive PG for starters, rarely turns the ball over, good court vision, can get to the rack and finish in heavy traffic, great handles, excellent shooter, elite length for a PG, excellent BBIQ, has shown he can be clutch.

You and the other sleepers are selling Jrue way way way too short.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 01-29-2016 at 09:57 AM.

My first 42 co-sign. I need to some how memorialize this. LOL
    Many times when I do agree, the conversation has moved on and you were supported otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Many times when I do agree, the conversation has moved on and you were supported otherwise.
    Congratulations 42.

Your argument for a mediocre Holiday has won awards with it's conciseness.

That's sarcasm just to let you know.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 01-29-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Thread Information