Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Should be the 2014-15 NBA MVP

Anthony Davis Should be the 2014-15 NBA MVP

Pelicans Report is really taking their blog to the next level and they have offered me the opportunity to do a few pieces. On BSS, I am a little more buttoned up because it is an ESPN affiliated site, but I will be displaying more of my opinionated and emotional takes on this blog. My first piece is one I believe in: Anthony Davis should be the MVP. THIS YEAR.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

http://www.pelicansreport.com/blog/
    @mcnamara247

Rookie
    I told you millions times Mcnamara "Do not exaggerate"

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Great read and it will be tough to argue against what you presented. Another thing that I love about his game is the way he can control his body, which leads to him rarely being in foul trouble. His ability to go straight up, not foul, and then block a shot on his second jump is a thing of beauty. Sometimes he won't get the block, but the shooter will alter the shot, usually resulting in a miss. I would say that Davis leads the league in impact plays that don't show up on the stat sheet, if that makes sense. He truly scares guys and it is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Great read and it will be tough to argue against what you presented. Another thing that I love about his game is the way he can control his body, which leads to him rarely being in foul trouble. His ability to go straight up, not foul, and then block a shot on his second jump is a thing of beauty. Sometimes he won't get the block, but the shooter will alter the shot, usually resulting in a miss. I would say that Davis leads the league in impact plays that don't show up on the stat sheet, if that makes sense. He truly scares guys and it is beautiful!
    Very true. His number of bad plays (TO's and Fouls) with regard to how few he has is almost as impressive as how many great plays he has.

Well put. It's funny because I, and others who sit near me, often marvel at that aspect of his game as much as the highlight reel plays. It's nice when people notice the subtle aspects to his game. I think AD would be proud!

Another thing that Ive been saying a lot this year is that he would be an insanely phenomenal volleyball player, based on body control and jumping ability.

Awesome read loved it....I'd like to see how clutch he is compared to the other also in the waning mins of the games cause I feel like he's there with them

He's clutch! MM or someone included the clutch factor in another recent post

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    He's clutch! MM or someone included the clutch factor in another recent post
    Really? link or anything cause i'm guessing I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Really? link or anything cause i'm guessing I missed it
    In the clutch this season:

Curry: 44.1% FG
    Harden: 48.1% FG
    AD: 61.8% FG

89% FT too (Curry 94%, Harden 77%)

Holy ****........so better fg% and in between 2 great shooters for ft% tell me again why isn't he MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    Holy ****........so better fg% and in between 2 great shooters for ft% tell me again why isn't he MVP?
    I can't! That's why I wrote the article!! lol

Agree but the one sided(ESPN)media did not even want us in the playoffs in the first place. They will do thier best to shill Harden and Curry.

Next year my pretties.

Only injuries can stop him.

good read MM. Also, the blog is really nice and clean so well done team.

At least he should be in mvp discussions .

I can understand why he isn't MVP but i cannot understand why westbrook was considered a true candidate for a prolonged period
    My reasoning why he isn't the MVP and its simple
    1. Our record and historically the MVP shouldn't be awarded to a player with such
    2. Davis is still raw, which is crazy!! He can score 20+ on an off or lost evening, he has so much left in him to prove that i feel like if a player isn't living up to his potential that year, he shouldnt be awarded the MVP.
    3. All the same reason why LeBron in his third year didn't receive MVP averaging a staggering 31.1 ppg

Win Shares

Harden - 16.4

CPflop - 16.1

Curry - 15.7

Davis - 14.0

Win Shares per minute

Curry - .288

Davis - .274

CPflop - .270

Harden - .265

Davis is up there as a candidate, no doubt.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    In the clutch this season:

Curry: 44.1% FG
    Harden: 48.1% FG
    AD: 61.8% FG

89% FT too (Curry 94%, Harden 77%)
    What's the eFG% in the clutch? Using FG% is misleading since Curry and Harden take alot more 3s than Davis.

If the world wasn't on notice as to who AD was prior to yesterday's game, they are now. Win or lose, this series is going to springboard him into next years race.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

This was ESPN's top play of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    What's the eFG% in the clutch? Using FG% is misleading since Curry and Harden take alot more 3s than Davis.
    AD still leads. Example, Curry averages 1.52 pts per field goal attempt. AD is at 1.78, so yes, he has a higher effective FG% too

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Win Shares

Harden - 16.4

CPflop - 16.1

Curry - 15.7

Davis - 14.0

Win Shares per minute

Curry - .288

Davis - .274

CPflop - .270

Harden - .265

Davis is up there as a candidate, no doubt.
    I will go one more. Here is Win Probability Added:

Davis - 9.42
    Harden - 5.94
    Curry - 5.87

Those are the top 3. The difference between AD and #2 is as big as the gap between #2 and Ryan Anderson.

Final one - AD's Clutch Win Probability Added is higher than #2 (Harden) and #3 (J. Butler) COMBINED.

http://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/s...WPA&order=DESC

Thread Information