Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gordon contract

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    I would rather him as our starting SG at 7mil per year over tyreke making 11mil per year.. Gordon fit and healthy is better than tyreke, also he has matured and has real good team spirit, after everygame he always tweets or instagrams photos, supporting our team and congratulating his teammates on their performances, what does Tyreke do after everygame, posts a photo of his stupid Bugatti showing off to the world how rich he is, never have i ever seen Tyreke support this team. Anthony Davis does a post daily
    Out of all the players this off season Tyreke was the only one who stayed in New Orleans and trained with the team

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    PER36?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    GOD....Gordon plays two good games and we are talking about re-signing him?
    LOL
    He's been playing well all season. Right now, over the last ten games, he is 47% from the field, 46% from three, 4 assists, 3 rebounds and 14 points. He plays good defense, is good off the ball and is a good decision maker. Can't ask for much more from a guy we have mostly asked to be the 4th scoring option with the starters til recently. He is an ideal 2 guard for this team. An ideal 3rd or 4th option on our starting squad.

But until he shows he can stay healthy I don't want him here past his contract. Even if it is greatly reduced the guy just can't be relied on through a whole season.

At a certain price, maybe but he has to stay healthy, i like what I see from EG but the issue is healthy. when he comes back from a long injury then its a rhythm thing...so hopefully we can get healthy Eg for the rest of the year b/c we need him
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Nothing personal against Gordon, but I'm praying for him to play well enough for him to not pick up his player option after this season, or increase his trade value somehow. We could get better off the bench if Gordon were not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    Nothing personal against Gordon, but I'm praying for him to play well enough for him to not pick up his player option after this season, or increase his trade value somehow. We could get better off the bench if Gordon were not here.
    No joke this is my dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No joke this is my dream
    If Gordon continues to play well and remain relatively healthy it seems like it could be a good year for him to be on the market. The 2015 FA SG's are going to look like slim Pickens if players like Wade, Ellis, Affialo & Crawford exercise their options or the team picks it up in Crawford case. Restricted guys like Butler and Shumpert may not move. So that leaves Gordon competing with a group of players that aside from his 15Mil 2014/15 contract number he looks pretty attractive against.

At this point both Gordon and his agent have to realize that he's not coming close to $15/yr on his next deal, and with the emergence of this young Pelicans team his playing time could be greatly reduced in 2015/16, so this year might be the year to sign another long term deal rather than risk another year of possible injury, lower output with a 2nd unit etc...

Wishful thinking or possible future??? IDK, I guess a lot of it has to do with what Monty and Dell are telling Eric about beyond 2015/16 and his role here.
    Last edited by Davisistheman; 01-15-2015 at 10:55 AM.

I am the biggest Gordon fan for the next 3 months. #1 (obviously) if he plays well, we have a much better chance of winning and #2 he may just be delusional enough that if he plays very well for the rest of the season he may just opt out and try to find a longer term deal somewhere else. Before you say this is impossible, I will remind you that I witnessed a declining 30 year old coming off his worst season Richard Jefferson decline a 15 million dollar option to explore free agency. fingers crossed.

He has milked this franchise enough
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I already feel a little bit of relief now that Rivers is off the team. Just think what it's going to feel like after Gordon is gone! The lesser salary, 7mil idea doesn't sound bad in theory, he is still a starter in this league, but my issue is that he has yet to prove he can be healthy for even just 70 games of a season. After every injury he comes back from I keep seeing people say well he's finally 100% healthy now, well no he's not. It keeps happening. Would be a gamble to give him another long term or even semi-long term deal. A 1 year or something would be fine but he wouldn't accept that as he can probably get a better offer from a desperate team.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    No. Absolutely not.

Banned
    Everyone knows that there is a >50% chance that Eric gets the stretch provision and he will be here for another 3 years, right?

I read through this thread and just smh. I've never understood actively rooting against players on the team you support so much so that you blind yourself to reality. It's just a sad state of affairs. I'm talking about the Tyreke convo going on here and posted after every loss but a subset of posters here.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Everyone knows that there is a >50% chance that Eric gets the stretch provision and he will be here for another 3 years, right?
    A.) The stretch provision does not leave the player on your team. So... WAT?
    B.) Where the heck did you get that % that he's getting stretched?
    3.) There's a chance this was just for laughs, in which case. LOL and sorry for not seeing the sarcasm

I'm just going to assume this entire thing is a troll post by the lack of even getting how the stretch provision works.

Banned
    I'm just going to assume this entire thing is a troll post by the lack of even getting how the stretch provision works.
    Let's call it half ignorance, half troll. I knew he had to be waived, but I thought that you resigned him as part of the provision.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doh.gif 
Views:	98 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	5860

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He's been playing well all season. Right now, over the last ten games, he is 47% from the field, 46% from three, 4 assists, 3 rebounds and 14 points. He plays good defense, is good off the ball and is a good decision maker. Can't ask for much more from a guy we have mostly asked to be the 4th scoring option with the starters til recently. He is an ideal 2 guard for this team. An ideal 3rd or 4th option on our starting squad.

But until he shows he can stay healthy I don't want him here past his contract. Even if it is greatly reduced the guy just can't be relied on through a whole season.
    he's played 17 games, averages 10ppg with a PER of ten. Out of the last 10 games he has played 5. His defense? Defensive rating of 113 and his on/off stats still say opponents are better with him on the floor. He has had a string of a couple good games and I'm very happy about that but lets not act like he has played well all season. Before he got hurt he was shooting under 40% and scoring under 10 a game in over 30 mins
    Last edited by jgman; 01-15-2015 at 01:05 PM.
    never assume

Let's call it half ignorance, half troll. I knew he had to be waived, but I thought that you resigned him as part of the provision.
    Ah. Makes more sense. Unfortunately if you are stretching a player because you don't think he is worth his contract then you also don't get the luxury to resign him to a more "fair" contract.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    he's played 17 games, averages 10ppg with a PER of ten. Out of the last 10 games he has played 5. His defense? Defensive rating of 113 and his on/off stats still say opponents are better with him on the floor. He has had a string of a couple good games and I'm very happy about that but lets not act like he has played well all season. Before he got hurt he was shooting under 40% and scoring under 10 a game in over 30 mins
    THIS!

Last week or 2 he's been a pleasant surprise and I hope he can keep it up and stay healthy. But before that he was pretty bad. And I don't know why I keep seeing that he is playing good defense....

I don't think there is an amount that he would be willing to accept that I would be willing to give.
    Sign and trade for Durant?

Ah. Makes more sense. Unfortunately if you are stretching a player because you don't think he is worth his contract then you also don't get the luxury to resign him to a more "fair" contract.
    This would be rather silly anyways. If we stretched his $15mil over 3 years, then signed him back for 2 years 7 mil per, we would pay him 24mil over 2 years and 5 mil in dead money the 3rd.

Thread Information