Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Game day: Pelicans vs Hornets 1/7/15

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Starts up top in every organization. The leader demands it of the group and the leaders of the group demand it following his queue. Then everyone knows what to expect. Do it long enough energy enough and consistent enough and you get something called a culture..
    I see your side but you do need ppl to implement that culture. Ppl like CP3 demand it of his teammates. And David West and Tyson Chandler enforced it. To be honest with you we need a player like that on this team. Even a KG type. Even thought I know some people don't like him

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I agree with you on the trade thing.

With Monty, I know he's not good but he's a players coach. The guys love him. He's gotten better but he has brain farts. He's the ultimate blamed guy every time. First I'd like to see a trade done and give him a chance with the team after the trade and let him compete for his job for next season.
    Monty=Rob Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    They love him because he's nice and he appeals to their sense of belonging and doing things the right way (off the court). They know he cares about them as people beyond basketball. That means something, but that doesn't make you a smarter basketball player. They openly disregard what he instructs. There is no accountability on the court if your 1 of the top 6. There's no balance.

It takes both

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    I see your side but you do need ppl to implement that culture. Ppl like CP3 demand it of his teammates. And David West and Tyson Chandler enforced it. To be honest with you we need a player like that on this team. Even a KG type. Even thought I know some people don't like him
    We have a coach that's too calm(good thing for most times) but not when players don't listen. I sit my players when they don't do what I tell them to do. It's really hard to judge Monty's scheme with boneheaded players. So we have to evaluate him by his leadership skills. We do not need Tyreke or Gordon on this team, I'm sure we can get a ton of talent for them and their salaries.

Banned
    Maybe, Rivers didn't play because he will be traded.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Maybe, Rivers didn't play because he will be traded.
    We should be so lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Monty=Rob Ryan

The coach that they won't fire even after having a bad season bc the players like him?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    I just rewatched the play, they were attempting to run a two player pick after a Gordon rub. Either anderson didnt run his man into the screen or davis did not set a good one. If you don't believe me re-watch it. Anderson's man barely touches Davis
    I hardly ever see solid screens out of this team. Watch the Washington game and watch them set screens. It's like night and day.

Bryan from the Sports Hangover is on twitter right now talking about how bad we need Joe Dumars. Um I'm the only one contesting this. A little help here? @BryanTNR

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Bryan from the Sports Hangover is on twitter right now talking about how bad we need Joe Dumars. Um I'm the only one contesting this. A little help here? @BryanTNR
    Why? Cuz he's sort of a local? Or because they credit him for the Detroit run of the early 00s?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why? Cuz he's sort of a local? Or because they credit him for the Detroit run of the early 00s?
    He keeps saying championships. Someone please join me in this.

Man this whole team needs to get in the weight room

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I hardly ever see solid screens out of this team. Watch the Washington game and watch them set screens. It's like night and day.
    We look so weak out there, even the thicker players(calling you out Asik).

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Davis is such a terrible screen setter it's nauseating.

Davis is such a terrible screen setter it's nauseating.
    What you expect he's paper weight/light in pants/no junk in trunk. None of our players like contact even Reke.

We should have signed Josh Smith and then released him so we could go on a 7 game winning streak.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Asik is weak as hell. I'm sorry but this guy is soft. Lol..this team is not good. Smh..oh well we can just wait n see how things shake out. I think dell and monty both need to go.

Well, the screnee is as much to blame as the screener. 70% of the time it seems the screen is rejected. The other times they go so far around the screen there was no point in running one.

Combined with that lazy one pass they make per possession, offensively this squad just looks extremely sloppy and undisciplined.

so on a positive note, how about EG playing 39 minutes, with 14 points, 4 assists, a steal and 2 blocks 3/7 3P. 2nd game back from injury I thought he played a good game, and seemed to be playing some solid defense. did see some communication breakdowns on defense but I couldn't say who is to blame without re-watching. some of those assists were beautiful.

Game day: Pelicans vs Hornets 1/7/15

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    so on a positive note, how about EG playing 39 minutes, with 14 points, 4 assists, a steal and 2 blocks 3/7 3P. 2nd game back from injury I thought he played a good game, and seemed to be playing some solid defense. did see some communication breakdowns on defense but I couldn't say who is to blame without re-watching. some of those assists were beautiful.
    Definite bright spot. I couldn't tell if it made me appreciate him all the more or think Reke is an idiot all the more. Reke is supposed to be a natural point guard but has never made a pass like a couple Eric did tonight. The pocket pass to AD for the slam and the drive and kick out to Jimmer for the corner three were both such simple yet beautiful basketball plays that we had been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I no longer care if the Pelicans make the playoffs and vow to not look up the standings for the rest of the year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jim_mora_playoffs.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	5856

Hornets beat Raptors by 8 hah

Thread Information