Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Game day: Pelicans vs Hornets 1/7/15

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    This group has no killer instinct. Monty remains a little too low key for me. I think he is a fair coach. Just no fire!!!!! We play down to weaker teams. Terrible lost.
    Too nice. No bad guy in this organization that will call out "selfish dudes." No person with the resume to do so, either. What can Bryan Gates or Randy Ayers or Fred Vinson say to Tyreke that would resonate with him. It's all rainbows and unicorns with this team. That's all they got. No tough love, in the basketball sense. All they can do is appeal their sensibilities and try to develop them. I get the feeling that our players have a relationship with our staff that's more student/tutor than student/teacher. A teacher can drop the hammer. A tutor can't.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Over Austin Rivers? YES
    I guess you are ok with losing top since we lost both those games lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A trade needs to happen very soon.

I have to ask, because it might just be me trying to find something but, Ryan Anderson doesn't give a **** about defense anymore.

I've said it in another thread and I will say it again here. I think this teams needs Player to Player accountability. A player that will make sure ppl are where they are supposed to be and also know what different moments of the game call for and iterates that to the team. You can say what you want about CP3 or David West but I feel like a lot of that left when they left. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by PrimeTimeNOLA; 01-07-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I guess you are ok with losing top since we lost both those games lol.

Did you miss Gordon passing the ball excellently? Spreading the floor? Austin Rivers wouldn't have done that, and the losses would have been even worse had he played even 4 of Gordon's 30+(?) minutes.

Willing to such it up losing the next few games if it meant getting rid of Mon6.

Game day: Pelicans vs Hornets 1/7/15

Cardiac Kemba got us. Dude's so clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    I have to ask, because it might just be me trying to find something but, Ryan Anderson doesn't give a **** about defense anymore.
    Why we ask him to hedge ever is beyond me. He is who is.

Banned
    Our bench got outscored 27-16

What needs to happen to this team:

The Pels went up 13 at the 6:35 point in the 3rd quarter. Over the next 4:03, the Hornets went on a 10-0 run. Davis took 0 shots over that stretch. That's unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    The Pels went up 13 at the 6:35 point in the 3rd quarter. Over the next 4:03, the Hornets went on a 10-0 run. Davis took 0 shots over that stretch. That's unbelievable.
    What I'd really love to know, is during that stretch, how many times did Davis touch the ball?

Did you miss Gordon passing the ball excellently? Spreading the floor? Austin Rivers wouldn't have done that, and the losses would have been even worse had he played even 4 of Gordon's 30+(?) minutes.
    No, I saw it, and did you miss that we lost? I am not saying Gordon played bad. I am saying he needs to be playing 25 minutes a game until he can get back to game shape.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    I've said it in another thread and I will say it again here. I think this teams needs Player to Player accountability. A player that will make sure ppl are where they are supposed and also know what different moments of the game call for and iterates that to the team. You can say what you want about CP3 or David West but I feel like a lot of that left when they left. Just my opinion.
    Starts up top in every organization. The leader demands it of the group and the leaders of the group demand it following his queue. Then everyone knows what to expect. Do it long enough energy enough and consistent enough and you get something called a culture..

On a positive note that AD ISO on Zeller was amazing.

No, I saw it, and did you miss that we lost? I am not saying Gordon played bad. I am saying he needs to be playing 25 minutes a game until he can get back to game shape.

I get what you're saying, I just would cringe to see Austin on the court at this point. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

What I'd really love to know, is during that stretch, how many times did Davis touch the ball?
    I didnt see the game... did we take a timeout during that run at all?

start shopping Evans and Anderson, fire Monty

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    I didnt see the game... did we take a timeout during that run at all?
    IIRC, not until too late. Charlotte stormed back, and the score was 66-63, and we didnt call a timeout. Instead Jrue hit AD on a beautiful alley-oop to go up 68-63. I guess Monty saw that as a momentous play and kept us going.

I get what you're saying, I just would cringe to see Austin on the court at this point. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Haha don't worry I am not an Austin River fan. I think we could actually get a lot in return for a trade involving Rivers, Reke, and Anderson. I would like to keep Anderson, but if it helps the team to trade him and put the right guys around jrue and Davis then I am all for it. I would also like a new coach. I have watched Monty enough.

Haha don't worry I am not an Austin River fan. I think we could actually get a lot in return for a trade involving Rivers, Reke, and Anderson. I would like to keep Anderson, but if it helps the team to trade him and put the right guys around jrue and Davis then I am all for it. I would also like a new coach. I have watched Monty enough.

I agree with you on the trade thing.

With Monty, I know he's not good but he's a players coach. The guys love him. He's gotten better but he has brain farts. He's the ultimate blamed guy every time. First I'd like to see a trade done and give him a chance with the team after the trade and let him compete for his job for next season.

Boy, it's a good thing the Pelicans aren't in the Eastern Conference. They wouldn't win ANY games over there!

I agree with you on the trade thing.

With Monty, I know he's not good but he's a players coach. The guys love him. He's gotten better but he has brain farts. He's the ultimate blamed guy every time. First I'd like to see a trade done and give him a chance with the team after the trade and let him compete for his job for next season.
    Do the guys really love him? Sure the PR says so but what are they really going to say? If this team starts to spiral fingers will eventually start to get pointed and things there were not suppose to leave the locker room will.

I no longer care if the Pelicans make the playoffs and vow to not look up the standings for the rest of the year.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Thread Information