Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Salmons to pels

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Also, expect to hear Darius Miller on a min contract sooner than later. Final spot on roster open for a summer league standout

Salmons, Miller, Babbitt, and/or a SL guy going to get 20-25 mins a night. I don't think they will shock the world, but I also don't think they mess things up.
    Is this assuming we sign Young?

I agree with Fells, though Dominque Jones and Southerland will give him a run.
    I like Jones too. Southerland can slide down to the 4 if we go "small". Those 3 should at least get a camp invite (if they are allowed to invite them all?)

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Is this assuming we sign Young?
    Yes, Young will be on the team too

Jrue - Rivers - Smith
    Gordon - Evans
    Salmons - Miller
    AD - Ryno - Babbitt
    Asik - Ajinca - Withey - Young

That is 14. SL guy or another min guy on the wing.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If his role is purely catch and shoot, kinda replace Morrow? Salmons can knock an open 3 down. Good enough, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I wasn't sure... you went into "defensive" mode out the gate in your reply, so in case you were offended I was letting you know that I wasn't even about the drama.

I totally agree. I don't get emo on a message board man, its a waste of energy.
    Stop reaching.
    I disagreed with (1) Dell Demps move, and we have a discussion about the negatives and the positive by supporters and non supporters in the transaction made. Don't lie or make stuff up just to give you respond to a blogger that you disagree with. There's absolutely nowhere in my post that you can actually see and feel my being offended. My post was ended with no mark, emotionless if u will. Remember, you can't offend me when 90% on here knows nothing about the facts, but have their own views and opinions.

But hey, holla at me during the season when John Salmon shows that lack of hustle getting back on that transitional defense of the Pelicans.
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 07-14-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If his role is purely catch and shoot, kinda replace Morrow? Salmons can knock an open 3 down. Good enough, I suppose.
    Salmons shot 43.2% on spot up threes last season, Morrow shot 43.4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I am not worried about him on the offensive end, because I think whoever we put in that role will average 4-5 shots per game max.

I am curious to see what Monty can get out of him defensively.

I am not worried about him on the offensive end, because I think whoever we put in that role will average 4-5 shots per game max.

I am curious to see what Monty can get out of him defensively.
    That's my point. And at Salmons age, he has nothing left in the tank but 6 fouls. Plus his style of play on defense goes against everything Monty Williams supposedly coaches on the defensive end.

Dell couldn't let you guys be too happy, you know you wanted a player to yell at each other about, enjoy!

I think the SL standout we should sign isn't on our SL team. Seth Curry. Lights out shooter. Could be a good Morrow replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    That's my point. And at Salmons age, he has nothing left in the tank but 6 fouls. Plus his style of play on defense goes against everything Monty Williams supposedly coaches on the defensive end.
    Monty and Salmons played together in Philly. I gotta believe they are friendly. I got to believe that Salmons will go all out for Monty. And I got to believe that veterans will pick up Monty's scheme faster than most young guys.

Only watched about 100 defensive possessions of his so far, but it is enough for me to conclude that he is better than Casspi and could be decent if he is asked to do nothing on the offensive end and puts all his energy on defense. Guess we will just have to wait and see

I think the SL standout we should sign isn't on our SL team. Seth Curry. Lights out shooter. Could be a good Morrow replacement.
    Can't see them signing another combo guard (undersized SG really) though.

How can he get PT here?

Devin Ebanks blowing it up again today. He could make some sense.

But I think we would prefer to take a guy we have been working with these past few weeks.

MM, Idk if I this has been brought up, but couldn't this be another Melvin Ely type move?

Trade Rivers, Salmons, and Ajinca for Jeff Green whenever its legal and it works because of the 5 million dollar rule?

How can he get PT here?

Devin Ebanks blowing it up again today. He could make some sense.

But I think we would prefer to take a guy we have been working with these past few weeks.
    Yeah. That of course makes the most sense. But he'd fit as a reserve combo guard. Losing Morrow and Roberts' shooting in the back court will hurt us, IMO.

I am late to this party but Salmons??? I've never been a fan of his game.

Yeah. That of course makes the most sense. But he'd fit as a reserve combo guard. Losing Morrow and Roberts' shooting in the back court will hurt us, IMO.
    I still question if we feel that way if we stayed healthy last year. On a healthy team, Morrow and Roberts are basically non contributors. I think we remember Feb-April Morrow and Roberts, but those aren't the guys we would have saw next year if they returned.

A lot of good shooting on this team. Could always use more, why I like Fells, but I am not concerned with our shooting.

Rivers - Jrue - Gordon - Salmons - Babbitt - Miller - Anderson all good spot up 3 point shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    MM, Idk if I this has been brought up, but couldn't this be another Melvin Ely type move?

Trade Rivers, Salmons, and Ajinca for Jeff Green whenever its legal and it works because of the 5 million dollar rule?
    No it's the end of the world! We must decide if something is good or bad in the moment, there is no time! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Quote Originally Posted by itsADstime View Post
    No it's the end of the world! We must decide if something is good or bad in the moment, there is no time! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
    Heh, I still want to know if its legal

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    There are 240 Minutes available in an NBA game. This is purely a guess by me...

33 minutes for Jrue
    32 minutes for Gordon
    30 minutes for Tyreke
    22 minutes for Rivers
    35 minutes for Davis
    30 minutes for Asik
    33 minutes for Anderson
    215 minutes

That's going to leave about ~25 minutes for Ajinca, Babbitt, and Salmons.

I think I can live with that.
    If whether or not we make the playoffs depends on who our 8th, 9th, and 10th guys are (splitting ~25 minutes)... I think that will be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Stop reaching.
    I disagreed with (1) Dell Demps move, and we have a discussion about the negatives and the positive by supporters and non supporters in the transaction made. Don't lie or make stuff up just to give you respond to a blogger that you disagree with. There's absolutely nowhere in my post that you can actually see and feel my being offended. My post was ended with no mark, emotionless if u will. Remember, you can't offend me when 90% on here knows nothing about the facts, but have their own views and opinions.

But hey, holla at me during the season when John Salmon shows that lack of hustle getting back on that transitional defense of the Pelicans.
    You sound hella offended right now lol

Bump, can any cap wizards address this?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Ok.... I'll ask and show my tush, is the Jones on the Summer League roster DeQuan or Dominique?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Bump, can any cap wizards address this?
    I don't know about about the dollar figures but I believe you have to wait 3 months to trade a recently signed player.

Also have the last 3 months(years) taught us nothing? You can't judge these moves in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

Welp. I guess I just have to prepare myself to get needlessly frustrated with him.
    Smh. All that argument for nothing. Lol

Thread Information