Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Salmons to pels

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I quoted your post but I threw names out there of people that I remember are still available (I'm too lazy to look up the list), and I have seen their names tossed around of who's available. Wasn't necessarily at you, but general statement.

If that offended you (not sure why it would), then I think you'll be OK.
    So you read offended behavior in my post? Lol, Let's talk basketball with knowledge, not stats of +/-. And let's please don't go to the feeling a person's emotional state or mindset judging behind a keyboard. Face2face should be use to see a person's reactions live. Don't read a person through typed words brother.
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 07-14-2014 at 04:10 PM.

this is awesome haha

I'm just walking away for awhile, I'm praying Dell has a trade lined up. People were trying to sell us on Steamer this time last year and we see how that worked out.

This all just feeds more into me thinking we should have went SF this offseason instead of C but whatever. We'll see if Dell makes another move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd rather have Casspi, heck I'd rather Aminu. If we were suppose get a guy who could "guard his position" then we failed horribly. This guy gives you corner 3s and. . . . .nothing. How did that the vet leadership work for Steamer? Lou Amundson was a beast right?

I'm sure we will hear multiple interviews this year with Monty going, "he does vet things" as the reason he plays. He gives you shooting and nothing else and doesn't even give you that that well.

Remember when MM tried to dog Jordan Hamilton for being an awful shooter and why would anyone ever want him? HE SHOT BETTER THAN SALMONS. Better at the rim, better in the corners. Salmons took near 40% of his shots from the dumb zone compared to Hamilton's 15%. salmons didn't shoot higher than 38% from any zone. The paint, 2pt jumper, or 3pt shots.

Salmons took equal to or more shots in three different areas JUST in the dumb zone than the corner 3s he's suppose to be so good at. Hamilton only had 3 other areas TOTAL he took more shots from than the corner 3. Where? One of the wing 3pts and at the rim. That's it.

There is no "he just has to not make mistakes" because that's what Salmons does. He takes shots in stupid ranges, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't, defend, he doesn't assist. He's old and played in the playoffs so they grabbed him. Period. He gives nothing beneficial ON THE COURT that someone else couldn't have given better.

This is a trash move. Period. If it's true that it was for the RLE then I'm highly disappointed in Dell and Monty. I'd rather Miller starting than this bum. And I don't even think Darius is NBA level.
    Dude. .you act as if he's going to be the number one option. He'll probably be a backup guy who'll be the vet in the clubhouse, since J. Smith probably want be back. I'm sure Dell has more moves in store. ..

Was Caspi released or is that just an usumption?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Per Marc Stein, he was waived.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Just to be clear, you and I were debating Hamilton vs. Tucker.

And yes, I would dog Hamilton in that fight.

Also, neither of us know what Salmons is like in the locker room. Just saying, "Stiemsma didn't help there" and assuming it is the same as Salmons is a poor argument and I think you know that.

That said. I agree with most of the rest. I don't love the Salmons signing but it makes sense for this regime.
    No. I brought Tucker into it because you made a post saying "Someone sell me on Hamilton because I think he sucks". Not exact words but that was the gist of it. Tucker had nothing to do with it until I brought him up and showed Hamilton compared almost dead on with his shooting %'s. Just wanted that point clear.

I agree that this smells like something this "regime" would do. And it also smells like the type of guy who will see far more minutes than he ever should because of this "regime".

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Dude. .you act as if he's going to be the number one option. He'll probably be a backup guy who'll be the vet in the clubhouse, since J. Smith probably want be back. I'm sure Dell has more moves in store. ..
    No. I'm showing that no matter what option he is, he is trash on the court.

I guess the, 'Thanks bro' with the non exclamation mark show my offended mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Marc Stein: Hearing: Omri Casspi most likely gets waived by Pelicans after Asik three-way trade is completed Tuesday. Casspi then gets to pick new home Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Rumors tagsNew Orleans Pelicans, Free Agency, Omri Casspi
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/new_....ABYZ3hha.dpuf
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Spot up shooter to take pressure off of Jrue, Reke, AD, Asik, Rivers, etc etc etc. Shot 43.2% on spot up threes last season.

If you look at the guys who other people wanted, Wesley Johnson shot 41.2%, Jordan Hamilton 35.2%, Chris Douglas-Roberts 40.0%, and so on.

Will signing Salmons hurt us any more than had we kept Prince Casspian, or Gee on this team? Were The Mavs, Bulls, or Lakers any worse for having Deshean Stevenson, Bill Wennington, or Rick Fox starting games for them? Does it really matter who your 4th or 5th scoring option is?

The answer to all of these questions is, NO.

The FA period is still young, and we still have some guys playing summer league ball. Between those two things, and Demps showing he isn't David Kahn, have some faith that he can pull another Ayon, Ajinca, Roberts, etc., out of his hat. The man has shown he knows his way around human capital, so why are we worried about the order of the deck chairs on a sinking ship?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    So you read offended behavior in my post?
    I wasn't sure... you went into "defensive" mode out the gate in your reply, so in case you were offended I was letting you know that I wasn't even about the drama.

Let's talk basketball with knowledge, not stats of +/-. And let's please don't go to the feeling a person's emotional state or mindset judging behind a keyboard. Face2face should be use to see a person's reactions live. Don't read a person through typed words brother.
    I totally agree. I don't get emo on a message board man, its a waste of energy.

I guess the, 'Thanks bro' with the non exclamation mark show my offended mind.
    LOL I must have struck a nerve. Wasn't my intent. At all. Enjoy your day playa.

I've got a nickname for Salmons:

John "Expiring Contract" Salmons

So he most likely gets waived?

I see no reason why we don't keep them both. We start Reke at the 3 and then have Casspi/Salmons off the bench when Reke slides to the 2.

I liked Salmons back in 2010, but that was also when Casspi was good too. With that said, I think Casspi brings more in 2014 then Salmons does. Was looking forward to seeing Casspi and Reke playing together. They seemed to have better seasons together.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    You guys are acting like Omri Casspi is a better option than Salmons lol.

Wasn't Stiemsma signed on a 1 year - $2 million contract?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Also, expect to hear Darius Miller on a min contract sooner than later. Final spot on roster open for a summer league standout

Salmons, Miller, Babbitt, and/or a SL guy going to get 20-25 mins a night. I don't think they will shock the world, but I also don't think they mess things up.
    @mcnamara247

Can Babbitt give us some quality minutes at the 3 (shudders at the thought of him guarding KD)? If that's Dell/Monty's thinking, then I think we have found our starter. I still think Darius gets brought back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Also, expect to hear Darius Miller on a min contract sooner than later. Final spot on roster open for a summer league standout

Salmons, Miller, Babbitt, and/or a SL guy going to get 20-25 mins a night. I don't think they will shock the world, but I also don't think they mess things up.
    Who's your SL front-runner for that SF spot? I got Fells.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Who's your SL front-runner for that SF spot? I got Fells.
    I agree with Fells, though Dominque Jones and Southerland will give him a run.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    How do you get excited for Cassipi but mad at Salmons? They aren't too far apart statistically. Skillwise they're very similar excluding some better play making abilities and while Cassipi is younger and more athletic, he's not a veteran who's been around the league, produced consistently as a starter before(not that he'll be one here) and I believe we've went after him before in the past unless my memory serves me incorrectly. Also just like Cassipi he played with Reke.
    Last edited by wuggie; 07-14-2014 at 04:45 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    So he most likely gets waived?

I see no reason why we don't keep them both. We start Reke at the 3 and then have Casspi/Salmons off the bench when Reke slides to the 2.

I liked Salmons back in 2010, but that was also when Casspi was good too. With that said, I think Casspi brings more in 2014 then Salmons does. Was looking forward to seeing Casspi and Reke playing together. They seemed to have better seasons together.
    I guess we'll know for sure, maybe tomorrow, but reports are he's being waved

I mean, I'll get over it. I'm sure it'll work out. I've never liked him. It's hard to get enthusiastic about it. But I can live with him playing 15-20 minutes a game.

Thread Information