Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA off-season Rumors

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think it would be more accurate to say that I am not as high on these top guys as most. I think Wiggins is a slightly better Demarr Derozen and Jabari Parker is Shereff Abdur-Rahim. I would rather have Favors and Horford than either of those guys
    Jabari Parker is going to destroy the NBA. What are you talking about? ROY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jabari parker is going to get destroyed by anyone, probably even stiemsma, on defense. It'll be fun to watch, to be sure

Man we've had a few new trolls these past few days though...makes you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Jabari parker is going to get destroyed by anyone, probably even stiemsma, on defense. It'll be fun to watch, to be sure

Man we've had a few new trolls these past few days though...makes you wonder
    Disagree. He can score from anywhere like melo and is more athletic. He was actually 3rd in the ncaa in dunks, include that with his jumper and post game, hes unstoppable offensively.

Jabari will be a force. No questions about it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Jabari will be a force. No questions about it
    Yes. Finally someone who agrees with me.

Mavs plan to go after Gasol. Called that weeks ago. Perfect fit for them IMO. Could be a beautiful team to watch next 2 years if they do that.
    I dont get this! I really do like the mavs and enjoyed watching them for the last couple of years (mostly beacause I am from germany and I love Dirk) but I dont see Pau helping them! Pau and Dirk have too similar skillsets for me! two aging, shooting big man with high basketball iq that are too slow to defend anything! plus remember how davis killed Pau last season, how could a Dirk-Pau frontcourt stop any good and quick big from scoring?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetler View Post
    I dont get this! I really do like the mavs and enjoyed watching them for the last couple of years (mostly beacause I am from germany and I love Dirk) but I dont see Pau helping them! Pau and Dirk have too similar skillsets for me! two aging, shooting big man with high basketball iq that are too slow to defend anything! plus remember how davis killed Pau last season, how could a Dirk-Pau frontcourt stop any good and quick big from scoring?
    You will see absolutely beautiful basketball on the offensive end, with Pau acting as a facilitator from both the high and low post. But you are right, the defense might be terrible Gotta trust Carlisle on that front.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Disagree. He can score from anywhere like melo and is more athletic. He was actually 3rd in the ncaa in dunks, include that with his jumper and post game, hes unstoppable offensively.
    Read what he wrote. He was saying that Jabari will get killed on the other end. Basically, he will put up 20 and give up 20. Yes, I do think he wins ROY because that is all about offensive numbers, but if he is a poor mans Melo with the same level of defense, then he doesn't really help your team win games.

He will be a 20 ppg scorer, and might even make a few All Star teams, but I don't think he plays winning basketball.

Parker's defense is a huge issue. He was benched against MERCER because of his defense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...arker-and-hood

That's a great article about the game. A couple of good quotes:

"Parker struggled the entire year defensively. He doesn't have great foot speed, he lacks lateral quickness. He's not quite big enough to be a big body down low, not fast enough to lock down guys on the perimeter. He also drifts."

"One scout I spoke with downplayed it. 'Nothing new with (Parker) on the defensive end.'"

Yeah, why I keep saying Adur-Rahim, who was a really good offensive player but couldn't guard either position on the defensive end. As a result, he put up good individual numbers throughout his career but only played in one playoff series.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Yes. Finally someone who agrees with me.

I have been saying it since his senior year in HS. He is going to be a fun one to watch. It's a shame his defense isn't up to par, but it is something he can work on.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I have been saying it since his senior year in HS. He is going to be a fun one to watch. It's a shame his defense isn't up to par, but it is something he can work on.
    You can improve your defensive IQ; you can't improve your core attributes IMO. Example - G. Vasquez will never have the lateral agility to cover guards. Same goes for Parker and SF's. When you are limited with your agility and foot speed, you have a clear ceiling on defense. You can learn how to play team defense and not be utterly horrible on that end, or your team can build around you with different kinds of defenders so that they can hide you, but you can't just improve on defense like you can with a skill like shooting.

Yeah, why I keep saying Adur-Rahim, who was a really good offensive player but couldn't guard either position on the defensive end. As a result, he put up good individual numbers throughout his career but only played in one playoff series.
    He also had injuries out the wazoo his last few years, and played on crap teams.

You can improve your defensive IQ; you can't improve your core attributes IMO. Example - G. Vasquez will never have the lateral agility to cover guards. Same goes for Parker and SF's. When you are limited with your agility and foot speed, you have a clear ceiling on defense. You can learn how to play team defense and not be utterly horrible on that end, or your team can build around you with different kinds of defenders so that they can hide you, but you can't just improve on defense like you can with a skill like shooting.
    The good news for him though is that he is still young and he CAN improve his speed. Places like Sonic Boom don't stay in business because they have catchy names, they help players improve player speed. But speed isn't the issue here, it's a matter of IQ. If he can improve his IQ on defense he will be more impactful in the crunch.

The Sacramento Kings are fielding offers from three teams for the No. 8 pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, sources with direct knowledge told ESPN on Monday.

Sources said the Kings have two deals that could be done prior to Thursday’s 2 p.m. ET trade deadline to change the draft order and one would be a draft night deal, depending on which players are available when the Kings select.

The three deals would return multiple draft picks and a veteran player to the Kings for the No. 8 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    I hope that we are that draft night deal, and I doubly hope that all it will cost is Eric Gordon.

I wonder if we would ever consider taking Doug McDermott with a pick (should we enter the lottery).

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I hope that we are that draft night deal, and I doubly hope that all it will cost is Eric Gordon.I wonder if we would ever consider taking Doug McDermott with a pick (should we enter the lottery).
    LOL I was just thinking that haha

As far as guys with no defense we forget James Harden plays zero defense is widely considered a top 10 player, Love, along with Melo, Curry, and Paul all guys that are sub par at the major attribute on defense for the position they play. All great players.

Parker lack of defense won't be why he bust, and it isn't set in stone. He's not in the type of shape you expect a wing to be in and 10 to 15lbs could make a huge difference in explosiveness and lateral quickness. To me he's a Melo type athlete and I've seen Anthony play some damn good defense when he had to.

The comments on Parker's defense I don't think are a knock saying he shouldn't go top 3. It's just a comment about an obvious weakness that could prevent him from being a true franchise player. If he had Wiggins' athleticism, there's no doubt he'd be the #1 pick, even if Embiid was healthy.

As for Harden, there's actually a lot of people that don't consider him a top 10 player because of his defense. He's been criticized pretty hard for that. Love too. But the difference with Love is that he's a big. Actually, all those guys you mentioned have all been criticized a good bit for their lack of defense and it's probably the main reason why none of them have had significant postseason success to this point (excluding Harden playing in the finals when he was a sixth man).

Several teams are reportedly trying to do what the Miami Heat did in 2010, as in luring LeBron James and another star free agent. This time, instead of Chris Bosh and James joining Dwyane Wade, it's the Cleveland Cavaliers, Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Lakers exploring trades that would give them the financial flexibility to potentially acquire both James and Carmelo Anthony, according to ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein
    Maybe we could get involved to pickup an asset they would be trying to dump to go after Lebron.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    As far as guys with no defense we forget James Harden plays zero defense is widely considered a top 10 player, Love, along with Melo, Curry, and Paul all guys that are sub par at the major attribute on defense for the position they play. All great players.

Parker lack of defense won't be why he bust, and it isn't set in stone. He's not in the type of shape you expect a wing to be in and 10 to 15lbs could make a huge difference in explosiveness and lateral quickness. To me he's a Melo type athlete and I've seen Anthony play some damn good defense when he had to.
    Chris Paul is not subpar on defense. Harden, IMO, is not a top player. A top player with Dwight Howard on their team can't get past the first round is telling. As for Parker, I love his game on offense, but the assessment on here is correct. He will get buckets and give buckets, that's just who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

Shereef Abdur Rahim was a good player, averaged over 20 ppg for the first 7 years of his career, made an All Star team, etc. If he would have gotten a chance to be a 3rd banana somewhere, maybe he would have won more. I can't see Parker busting, but I cant see him winning multiple playoff series if he is your best or second best player either.

Guys dont have to be great or busts. Some can be good or very good.

Maybe we could get involved to pickup an asset they would be trying to dump to go after Lebron.
    If the GS Warriors wanted to go after him and still net Love they could move AI and his contract, and we could sweep in, but it would require moving...Eric Gordon.

There are a lot of well rounded players not winning titles.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-24-2014 at 01:24 PM.

If the GS Warriors wanted to go after him and still net Love they could move AI and his contract, and we could sweep in, but it would require moving...Eric Gordon.
    Yeah, curious as to what Atlanta would be trying to rid themselves of..

Yeah, curious as to what Atlanta would be trying to rid themselves of..
    Look at a trade MM posted the other day I believe. Hawks move Horford to the Cavs (for what I can't remember Maybe Waiters and the #5 pick they would get from the Jazz for #1).

I do wonder how Dell plans on squeezing into some of these moves.

Thread Information