Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: DA TANK vs. DA GRIZZ (4pm) GAMEDAY THREAD

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    If this is the case we should be disappointed over the last 5 games because we should of won all those. Also the Grizz are 0-8 against the SW so big whoop
    I clarified in an edit, but I'll do it again. I'm not focused at all on wins. I'm focused on Anthony Davis and the development of this team's roster. We were never going to contend for a title or a high playoff spot. Maybe, maybe if we stayed healthy all year and jelled quickly. But that was an odds out chance.

As it stands, we need to have our best players playing at a high level more than dreaming of tomorrow's blessings. We've got something special on our hands right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I clarified in an edit, but I'll do it again. I'm not focused at all on wins. I'm focused on Anthony Davis and the development of this team's roster. We were never going to contend for a title or a high playoff spot. Maybe, maybe if we stayed healthy all year and jelled quickly. But that was an odds out chance.

As it stands, we need to have our best players playing at a high level more than dreaming of tomorrow's blessings. We've got something special on our hands right now.
    Wins mean nothing at this point to me. I watch because I want to see Rivers Whithey Miller Davis Gordon and Reke develope. It annoys me that Whithey rarely plays a game (I understand that he is thin, but he definately is a talent upgrade over Steamer bruh).

Bad win by the Pelicans
    Not at all.

We didn't defeat a fellow tankjob. We weren't going to lose every game.

Be happy that the team won because of the contributions of Davis and Reke. Those are two of our most important players and it's good that they demonstrated an ability to contribute together like that.

I'm on the tank bandwagon as well, but it's also important to appreciate the performance of key players right now. If we had won this game because Greg Stiemsma went off for 20/20 or something, and Davis/Reke had poor performances, I would probably call THAT a "bad" win.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Wins mean nothing at this point to me. I watch because I want to see Rivers Whithey Miller Davis Gordon and Reke develope. It annoys me that Whithey rarely plays a game (I understand that he is thin, but he definately is a talent upgrade over Steamer bruh).
    Me too thats why I hate to see Rob and Steamer play plus it gives AD a chance to learn how to carry a team

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just wanna see guys like AD, Rivers, Miller, Reke, and Withey play to the best of their abilities. If/when we make our title runs in the future, all of the could or should be on this team. So the more they get used to each other the better. And we need AD playing more like the guy he's going to be. Just so he can see for himself how good he is.

And for the intentional loses type of people, AD playing at a high level will mean we are in better positions to win games going forward because that's just how good he is. I'd much rather AD ascend than our lose column just cuz it means we get another unknown rookie that might fix all our problems.

Or not. Just like Anthony Bennett and a host of other players...

Bad win by the Pelicans
    As more of a Kings fan who's team is in a similar situation I don't understand these comments.

Young players, guys like AD and Reke need to learn how to win and how to close out games. Its a process which doesn't happen overnight. You cant expect them to just tank this year and magically wake up next year knowing how to close out games. This is a step in the right direction as far as two of three key players on this team learning how to close out a good team and doing it together. That helps down the road.

And fear not, one win doesn't blow draft position all that much. Jrue is out and with the overall lack of talent and a roster which doesnt fit together the losses will still come. Looking at younger teams whether OKC or Portland, learning to win was a process. It takes a while.

If Roberts carried the team to a win I'd see that as pointless and agree. That didn't happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    You contradict yourself. Developing is part of learning to win. Developing without learning to win is bad development. Wins should and will come as players develop if they're any good.
    Last edited by SilkySlim; 01-20-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Look at it on the bright side. Marcus will probably light it up tomorrow and score 30+ so we should lose.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Look at it on the bright side. Marcus will probably light it up tomorrow and score 30+ so we should lose.
    We're going to beat sac tomorrow

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    You contradict yourself. Developing is part of learning to win. Developing without learning to win is bad development. Wins should and will come as players develop if they're any good.
    You can still develop without winning though.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    You can still develop without winning though.
    You know what losing does to the psyche? These guys need a win once in a while... Positive reinforcement saying things won't always look down

Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    MT is shooting 36% this year

On a night when Cleveland, Detroit, and Philly all lost, this is easily one of the worst wins of the year.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    You know what losing does to the psyche? These guys need a win once in a while... Positive reinforcement saying things won't always look down
    Oh yeah definitely. That's not what I meant, I'm not mad we won at all. My point was just that I think developing as players is the most important and even though you need to learn to win games, you can still develop in games you don't win.

Looking like Jabari might go back.

Getting a top 2 pick is unlikely. Outside of top 2 and I am not thrilled with what is left over. Dont get me wrong, I would rather keep the pick than lose it. But if losing the pick means we get more games like this from AD, I prefer that.

Again, he is all that matters long term. I would take a 10% increase in his game over a 20% chance at a top 2 pick any day.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    MT is shooting 36% this year
    Does that really matter when you play our defense?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Looking like Jabari might go back.

Getting a top 2 pick is unlikely. Outside of top 2 and I am not thrilled with what is left over. Dont get me wrong, I would rather keep the pick than lose it. But if losing the pick means we get more games like this from AD, I prefer that.

Again, he is all that matters long term. I would take a 10% increase in his game over a 20% chance at a top 2 pick any day.
    Not positional needs at all, but I'd gladly take Lavine, Smart, or Exum, maybe Rodney Hood. Plus that pick would have good trade value, just like last year

Of course you would rather have it than not, but I am just saying I dont feel like it is the difference between title and no title unless you get Parker or Embiid. Love the way AD is playing right now. I will worry about the pick or lack there of later

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Man oh man did we get lucky with Davis. So special. I'm with MM, I want to keep the pick but man Davis and the guys deserved a damn win and have deserved more than they have gotten with the performances against SA/Hou/etc. Love the heart.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

This kid is our pick baby!!!!! Love it!!! Amazing to watch. I love the hustle this kid shows. I absolutely love it!!!

Davis keeps impressing. A nice win

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    So that's just a part of the defense. Hedge then hold your arms up all weird and awkward while getting back to your man. I thought that was just a weird thing only Lance Thomas did.

Thread Information