Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    If Randle is actually in the 6'7"-6'8" range like some are claiming, and we know he has range on his shot out to the 3 point line, why couldn't he play on the wing (3) instead of the block(4)? Is his lateral quickness lacking to defend other wing players?
    Randle reminds me a lot of t jones at uk.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    There are cases in NBA history where teams regretted not taking the scoring wing because they took the big man instead at the top. Has the reverse ever been true?
    who would u take at #1? parker or wiggins

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Randle reminds me a lot of t jones at uk.
    maybe a little bit, i think randle is bigger, stronger, has a better jumper and post game, jones however is more athletic and the better defender

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    maybe a little bit, i think randle is bigger, stronger, has a better jumper and post game, jones however is more athletic and the better defender
    Is this a troll or a real post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post

na that post was legit.

na that post was legit.
    Can you just do me a favor and put a disclaimer at each of your post from now on? Or does that kill the point of a troll?

This is not true at all man. Lol.

Wondering the same thing.

This is not true at all man. Lol.
    which part do u disagree with

which part do u disagree with
    Bigger, stronger, better outside shot. Almost all of it. Lol they are the exact same size in height n weight. Jones outside shot is much further along at this point. Could get into more but it'd be u fair cause randle is fresh out of high school.

Bigger, stronger, better outside shot. Almost all of it. Lol they are the exact same size in height n weight. Jones outside shot is much further along at this point. Could get into more but it'd be u fair cause randle is fresh out of high school.
    I think the difference is randle is comfortable in the post where t jones didn't feel that way and was more of an offensive rebounder and let's guys set him up. Jones flowed within an offense as a non option where Randle is more of a zack Randolph and needs some shots IMO. Athletically close but games are a little different.

I think the difference is randle is comfortable in the post where t jones didn't feel that way and was more of an offensive rebounder and let's guys set him up. Jones flowed within an offense as a non option where Randle is more of a zack Randolph and needs some shots IMO. Athletically close but games are a little different.

agree with everything u said except them being close athletically

I can agree with all of this. They are a little different. That's why randle reminds me of jones. They don't have to be exactly the same to remind U of the other. Referring to the discussion I had with guru.

People are trying to outsmart themselves.

You take Wiggins #1 and you don't look back imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    People are trying to outsmart themselves.

You take Wiggins #1 and you don't look back imo.
    Why so sure? Embiid looks like a possible once in a generation 7-footer.
    @mcnamara247

My personal wishlist is Wiggins/Embiid at the top, then Parker.

I bounce back and forth between the two Kansas guys.

Why so sure? Embiid looks like a possible once in a generation 7-footer.
    What made you decide Wiggins over Embiid?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I would go Wiggins today by a hair because of his ability to create his own. Something we need here. But Embiid's rim protection and developing post game would go a long way too.

I would probably flip flop every day. I don't think its a no brainer by any means.

The Franchise
    I say trade down to 3 and take who wasn't picked between Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid. We would get a needed player and another piece. If I had to choose though it would be Wiggins cause we needs 3-D guy and he fills that role now and should get better. We would also be playing Davis and Ryno a lot so I'd want my pick to play a lot of minutes.

I would go Wiggins today by a hair because of his ability to create his own. Something we need here. But Embiid's rim protection and developing post game would go a long way too.

I would probably flip flop every day. I don't think its a no brainer by any means.
    Considering one of this team's two biggest needs would ostensibly be filled if we were lucky enough to end up with either of them, to me, it would be a no-lose situation.

I think Wiggins and Embiid will be off the list by the time we pick, most likely Parker too which I am not phased about... because at the moment he is a man playing among boys, he relies on his size and athleticism (the later of which will be a bit below average for a 3 in the NBA) and he has no interest in defending.

That said BPA or for fit??? Randle would be BPA, but if my memory serves we have a pretty decent PF from Kentucky already and a handy backup in Ryno. Exum would have to get through a plethora of guards we already have to get minutes. Which leaves me to think we should be looking to trade down, or see if Rodney Hood plays his way into a position where he is a logical pick.

I honestly think in 10 years time Hood will be the better of the Duke 3 men from this year. Athletically gifted, gets to the rim and finishes, good jumpshooter, plays defense and is long. I think from the top 3 there is a drop in talent and then even from Randle, Smart and Exum there is another decent drop.

So a trade down for a Hood, Robinson III or Young may be the best option as there doesn't seem to be another Centre worth drafting outside of Embiid (maybe Cauley-Stein in the late first)

agreed, if we had the #1 pick and got to choose i would see what the best trade i could get for gordon or see who is there in free agency from getting an expiring for gordon and upgrade the SF or C position and take the opposite in the draft, say u get greg monroe i would take wiggins, if we could get someone like gordon hayward, i would take embiid. not saying either of these are possible but just for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    I think Wiggins and Embiid will be off the list by the time we pick, most likely Parker too which I am not phased about... because at the moment he is a man playing among boys, he relies on his size and athleticism (the later of which will be a bit below average for a 3 in the NBA) and he has no interest in defending.

That said BPA or for fit??? Randle would be BPA, but if my memory serves we have a pretty decent PF from Kentucky already and a handy backup in Ryno. Exum would have to get through a plethora of guards we already have to get minutes. Which leaves me to think we should be looking to trade down, or see if Rodney Hood plays his way into a position where he is a logical pick.

I honestly think in 10 years time Hood will be the better of the Duke 3 men from this year. Athletically gifted, gets to the rim and finishes, good jumpshooter, plays defense and is long. I think from the top 3 there is a drop in talent and then even from Randle, Smart and Exum there is another decent drop.

So a trade down for a Hood, Robinson III or Young may be the best option as there doesn't seem to be another Centre worth drafting outside of Embiid (maybe Cauley-Stein in the late first)
    I also really really like hood and think he would be awesome next to jrue and tyreke, doesnt need the ball to be effective with his 3pt shooting and his great defense. If we landed the 5th pick and the top 4 were gone in embiid parker wiggins and randle, i would try and trade down a few spots but if we couldnt i'd def take hood, a lot of people like kawhi leonard and there games are similar

Well I would seriously try to trade back to get an extra pick and select Rodney Hood, Jerami Grant, Glenn Robinson III, Dario Saric, or even Willie Cauley-Stein. Since numerous teams would like to get their hands on Julius Randle or Marcus Smart, it should be a rather easy pick to move. But if we can't I would take the BPA and that would be Randle then Smart. The try and trade him or Ryan Anderson later on or keep them both if you believe AD is our future at center. If you end up with Smart, I'd keep him and Jrue to form a nice combo at the point. I really hope this is in the plans even if it means we will either keep Monty or not in the process. We have to try to get that pick back now considering the status of the team. I would sit Tyreke the rest of the year saying his ankle is a lot worse than we thought, lol! Let Austin Rivers be the man for the rest of the year and see if this kid has what it takes to play in this league. I could love with this being our 12 men next season if we can or will resign Jason Smith, Aminu, and Ajinca.

C: Anthony Davis, Jason Smith, Alexis Ajinca
    PF: Ryan Anderson, Julius Randle
    SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Darius Miller
    SG: Eric Gordon, Anthony Morrow, Austin Rivers
    PG: Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans

IF gordon and tyreke were moved, ( I doubt both will be) and we acquire a SF i wouldnt mind taking gary harris at 5, he is a well rounded SG, can shoot the 3 or drive to the basket and finish, extremely polished game and will be a good SG. He also isn't bad on D at all, he gives u good production on both sides of the court.

Best part about his game is that he is extremely good from 3 and has a very good work ethic and attitude, great fit next to jrue, doesnt have any real holes in his game and is very well rounded.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 01-20-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Thread Information