Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

It'd be kind of hard to get multiple picks and assets in a trade for a pick that you think provides no championship level players, if any GMs share your opinion. Unfortunately trading down is not a guaranteed win for us, like some fans seem to think. Could very well be that no one wants to trade down with us at all.

THe point about PGs is a good one though, and possibly our only chance if someone falls in love with one. I wish someone less lazy than me would go through the other potential top ten teams and check what they really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    It'd be kind of hard to get multiple picks and assets in a trade for a pick that you think provides no championship level players, if any GMs share your opinion. Unfortunately trading down is not a guaranteed win for us, like some fans seem to think. Could very well be that no one wants to trade down with us at all.

THe point about PGs is a good one though, and possibly our only chance if someone falls in love with one. I wish someone less lazy than me would go through the other potential top ten teams and check what they really need.
    Magic- Pg, sf
    Bucks- pg (Knight isn't a pg he's a sg)
    Philly-sf
    Utah- sf or pf (Kantar and Favors can't play together neither has an out side shot)
    Lakers- Everything
    Boston- Center or sg
    Kings- Pg or Pf

Embiid is my new #1

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Him or Wiggins. Either. Or. Won't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Embiid is my new #1
    Embiid and Davis. Bah gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Embiid and Davis. Bah gawd.
    it's like having kevin garnett and hakeem

opponents literally would not be able to score in the paint lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    1. Embid
    2. Wiggins
    3. Parker
    4. Exum
    5. Smart

In that order. Worst case scenario: we end up tanking our way to 3rd worse record and "somehow" get bumped out of bottom five by Lakers and Celtics on lottery night.

embiid
    parker
    wiggins
    randle
    hood

but if we dont get a top 3 pick i'd rather trade down or trade the pick

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm not passing on Exum. If Jrue and AD are our only set in stone pieces, an Exum/Holiday backcourt is definitely possible and would be great. Both guys can score and play off ball, and both can defend PG/SG. Smart/Holiday would also be a dynamic backcourt.

All that being said, if someone made me a great offer I'd part with the 4th or 5th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'm not passing on Exum. If Jrue and AD are our only set in stone pieces, an Exum/Holiday backcourt is definitely possible and would be great. Both guys can score and play off ball, and both can defend PG/SG. Smart/Holiday would also be a dynamic backcourt.

All that being said, if someone made me a great offer I'd part with the 4th or 5th pick.
    i do think exum and jrue could co-exist, idk about smart, seems like a ball dominant guard, good passer, good slasher, rebounder, he is like a tyreke evans but with defense

is exum a good shooter?

i just hope we land top 3 so we dont have to worry about these problems, any 1 of embiid, wiggins or parker would be excellent!

also it looks like this draft isnt the greatest ever like people thought it would be, looks like dell made the right trade, i think the 2012 draft will dominate the 2014 draft

From the preseason DX video exum is a horrible shooter. Like, horrifying, and his shooting motion is probably the ugliest i've ever seen in my life. Ball has no arc whatsoever and falls flat. Maybe he's changed this season, no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    From the preseason DX video exum is a horrible shooter. Like, horrifying, and his shooting motion is probably the ugliest i've ever seen in my life. Ball has no arc whatsoever and falls flat. Maybe he's changed this season, no idea
    thats what i thought, plus the player we take in the top 5 should be a huge part of our team, dont want a role player, we need a big time contributor which is why we need 1 of the top 4, embiid, parker, wiggins, randle

parker and wiggins sure up the SF spot
    embiid gives u the center we need
    randle could start at PF and Davis at C in a few years and if need be u can trade ryno for a SF who can hit the 3, if not randle actually has 3pt range as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Eh true but I think a lot of that can be worked on. The thing that scares me as a prospect is he uses the post game and he won't be able to do that in the nba.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I'll say it again, lets hope for top 4!!!!!

I'll say it again, let's hope for top 1!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Eh true but I think a lot of that can be worked on. The thing that scares me as a prospect is he uses the post game and he won't be able to do that in the nba.
    Why won't it work in the NBA? I think that's a great weapon to have. It creates mismatches all over the floor. If the other team is going to leave their pg on him then chances are he's in the 6ft - 6'2 range. Coupled with exum wingspan of 6 10. If they choose to put a 3 on him then the other side of the floor has mismatches at that time. He's got great vision and I do mean great which creates for him passing out of it. We see holiday back guys down all the time and post em up when he has a smaller man on him. I see exum doing that but much better with a much bigger advantage since it's already a strong suit for him. We have to remember this kid is only 18. His shooting is not horrid like some are stating but it def needs a lot of work. He is actually an excellent spot up shooter or shooting the set shot. It's his dribble pull up he struggles with. Think how Evans gets to the rim with ease and multiply that by 5 at least. Hes much quicker, swifter, slicker and is a much better finisher than Evans already at this point in his very young career. Super hard worker as well. He is an excellent defender in every phase of defending. His lateral quickness is off the charts. Dude is gonna be special. I've watched a lot of him for the last 2 years and I swear to ya I see Michael Jordan finishing skills at the rim. Not saying he is or will be anywhere near mj. Just, u know how Jordan would get to the rim and always find a way to get the ball up and in? Like that. Very acrobatic while being efficient at the same time. Can get the ball off from all diff angles while going at the bigs underneath. It's amazing to watch at times.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 01-19-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Why won't it work in the NBA? I think that's a great weapon to have. It creates mismatches all over the floor. If the other team is going to leave their pg on him then chances are he's in the 6ft - 6'2 range. Coupled with exum wingspan of 6 10. If they choose to put a 3 on him then the other side of the floor has mismatches at that time. He's got great vision and I do mean great which creates for him passing out of it. We see holiday back guys down all the time and post me up when he has a smaller man on him. I see exum doing that but much better with a much bigger advantage since it's already a strong suit for him. We have to remember this kid is only 18. His shooting is not horrid like some are stating but it def needs a lot of work. He is actually an excellent spot up shooter or shooting the set shot. It's his dribble pull up he struggles with. Think how Evans gets to the rim at ease and multiply that by 5 at least. His much quicker, swifter, slicker and is a much better finisher than Evans already at this point in his very young career. Super hard worker as well. He is an excellent defender in every phase of defending. His lateral quickness is off the charts. Dude is gonna be special. I've watched a lot of him for the last 2 years and I swear to ya I see Michael Jordan finishing skills at the rim. Not saying he is or will be anywhere near mj. Just, u know how Jordan would get to the rim and always find a way to get the ball up and in? Like that. Very acrobatic while being efficient at the same time. Can get the ball off from all diff angles while going at the bigs underneath. It's amazing to watch at times.
    Honestly, because i see him playing the 2 not the 1.

Honestly, because i see him playing the 2 not the 1.
    Really? Ehh idk I guess we will find out shortly tho lol. I just think he's much much better with ball in his hands. He's def good off the ball too.

Really? Ehh idk I guess we will find out shortly tho lol. I just think he's much much better with ball in his hands. He's def good off the ball too.
    I think he's better with the ball in hi hands as well but I don't think he will be on the level of an nba point guard in terms of playmaking. At two he can be very good at the one below average.

I think he's better with the ball in hi hands as well but I don't think he will be on the level of an nba point guard in terms of playmaking. At two he can be very good at the one below average.
    Yea that's true. Sky's the limit for that kid tho I know that. On another note that Emblid kid really impressed me with his game last night. Man he might very well be on his way to being the #1 pick. Man his ceiling is high. It's a tough call at this point who I'd want right now. Him or wiggins. I'm def on the fence right now. Wiggins just seems to be a hard prospect to pass on.

Yea that's true. Sky's the limit for that kid tho I know that. On another note that Emblid kid really impressed me with his game last night. Man he might very well be on his way to being the #1 pick. Man his ceiling is high. It's a tough call at this point who I'd want right now. Him or wiggins. I'm def on the fence right now. Wiggins just seems to be a hard prospect to pass on.

I need to watch emblid. Getting a lot of hype.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

parker and wiggins sure up the SF spot
    embiid gives u the center we need
    randle could start at PF and Davis at C in a few years and if need be u can trade ryno for a SF who can hit the 3, if not randle actually has 3pt range as well.
    If Randle is actually in the 6'7"-6'8" range like some are claiming, and we know he has range on his shot out to the 3 point line, why couldn't he play on the wing (3) instead of the block(4)? Is his lateral quickness lacking to defend other wing players?

There are cases in NBA history where teams regretted not taking the scoring wing because they took the big man instead at the top. Has the reverse ever been true?
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information