Pelicans Report

Thread: Forbes estimates Saints are worth $965 million, 31st-most valuable franchise in world

Saints Forbes estimates Saints are worth $965 million, 31st-most valuable franchise in world

If you ever wondered just how popular and profitable and valuable NFL franchise are, chew on this for a second Ė all 32 NFL teams are ranked in the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the world.

And while Tom Bensonís newest purchase Ė the Hornets Ė didnít make that list, his other one did.

The Saints are worth an estimated $965 million, the 31st-most valuable franchise in the world, according to Forbes' most recent ranking of most valuable sports franchises.
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/black-an...162615806.html

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    Very interesting.

That's pretty crazy, kind of surprised by a few things. Panthers and Bucs worth more than Saints? I guess slightly bigger markets (although Atlanta with the biggest in the south is somehow worth the least) and owners with bigger pockets. Not that big of a deal I suppose when we're talking about tens of millions of dollars in the context of billions. Glad to see we beat teams like the Lakers and Cubs. And damn, Manchester U worth over two billion, Glazer is doing something right.

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    I think stadiums weigh heavily in this report.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1501 Girod St. View Post
    And damn, Manchester U worth over two billion, Glazer is doing something right.
    I was thinking the same thing. And the fact that every NFL made the list is a testament to how much money the league makes.

Thread Information