.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 1392

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

  1. #876
    Looks like I will have a fun 4th quarter to watch when I get back.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  2. #877
    RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York (if I see one more effing Nets hat)
    Posts
    613
    Since I'm half Nigerian, I'm half upset about the outcome of this game.

  3. #878
    Anthony Davis should have had 10 points. 4-4 from floor and 2-2 free throws. He also should have had 2 blocks...

  4. #879
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    Anthony Davis should have had 10 points. 4-4 from floor and 2-2 free throws. He also should have had 2 blocks...
    They credited Love with a tip on his last free throw. I wouldn't even call it a tip because it was going in anyway. He just touched it before it fell into the basket..

  5. #880
    James Harden does not belong on this team...

  6. #881
    Unbelievable but its been reported that Anthony Davis couldnt enter the game in the first half because he forgot to put his USA jersey on underneath the warmups! C'mon big fella....

  7. #882
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Unbelievable but its been reported that Anthony Davis couldnt enter the game in the first half because he forgot to put his USA jersey on underneath the warmups! C'mon big fella....
    The reason was because he was so honored to wear TeamUSA's jersey that he didn't want to get it all dirty and sweaty during warm-ups. He forgot to put it on when the game started. I see no problems with it. I'm actually very impressed by that reason.

  8. #883
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    he is speaking more of the truth than the ppl on this board who say he will be the next josh smith

    we should just hope for the next bruce bowen
    I just got a chance the see the game and honestly, Aminu didn't look bad considering the competition and his teammates. Played good defense and had some 3s rim out, but I saw little worth slamming the guy over...all things considered.

  9. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I just got a chance the see the game and honestly, Aminu didn't look bad considering the competition and his teammates. Played good defense and had some 3s rim out, but I saw little worth slamming the guy over...all things considered.
    He is a role player and is not fit to lead a team offensively. People had false hopes for him this year in the Olympics. Put him next to the likes of Rivers, Gordon, Anderson, and Davis, let him be the 5th option offensively, let him focus on what he does best (defense and rebounding), and he'll be great for us.

    Also, for the game today, he had several very nice drive-and-dishes where he set his teammates up nicely, but they just missed the shots. He is fine. People over exaggerate.

  10. #885
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    he is speaking more of the truth than the ppl on this board who say he will be the next josh smith

    we should just hope for the next bruce bowen
    I'd be ecstatic if he becomes the next Bruce Bowen. We don't need Aminu to be a 20 point scorer. The team brought in plenty of scorers this off season. We need lock down defenders.

    Defend, rebound, and get the occasional dunk, alley oop, or jump shot. That's all we need or want out of Aminu and it's reasonable to expect that. If he becomes Josh Smith, we'll lose him in a couple years because he'll be too expensive to keep on the roster as the 4th/5th option.

  11. #886
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    I also predict Davis' first points as a Hornet is a baseline jumper off a Gordon drive n kick.

  12. #887
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I'd be ecstatic if he becomes the next Bruce Bowen. We don't need Aminu to be a 20 point scorer. The team brought in plenty of scorers this off season. We need lock down defenders.

    Defend, rebound, and get the occasional dunk, alley oop, or jump shot. That's all we need or want out of Aminu and it's reasonable to expect that.
    If he becomes Josh Smith, we'll lose him in a couple years because he'll be too expensive to keep on the roster as the 4th/5th option.
    Completely agree.

  13. #888
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,657
    Aminu will never be Josh Smith. Doesn't have the ball-handling. But he doesn't need to be Josh Smith. He just needs to defend, rebound, and not be awful offensively.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  14. #889
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Aminu will never be Josh Smith. Doesn't have the ball-handling. But he doesn't need to be Josh Smith. He just needs to defend, rebound, and not be awful offensively.
    Loooked like his ball handling has improved to me. I saw those drives where he took his man one-on-one. He drew the double and found an open man. Sometimes they finished, sometimes they didn't.

  15. #890
    Aminu is at his best when he's running in transition. This is when you see his athleticism stand out and when he doesn't have to think about what he's doing other than putting the balling the hoop. His problem offensively has been in a set offense. He does not have a good feel of when to attack and where to attack. This is partly due to his inconsistent shot and inability to get to the right spots on the court. If he can learn to read defensive sets on the fly and learn where to attack against these defensive sets, he'll probably be a lot better.

  16. #891
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    The reason was because he was so honored to wear TeamUSA's jersey that he didn't want to get it all dirty and sweaty during warm-ups. He forgot to put it on when the game started. I see no problems with it. I'm actually very impressed by that reason.
    Wasn't this reason a joke ??


    Clap your hands everybody
    If you got what it takes
    'Cause I'm Joel Meyers and I want you to know
    That these are the breaks.

  17. #892
    just a heads up for those who missed it... the USA/Nigeria game is now on the Olympics basketball channel way up in you cable listings

  18. #893
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Wasn't this reason a joke ??
    I have no idea but that was the response given to Sager when asked. He could have genuinely forgot it or it could have been a joke by his teammates. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until Davis or one of his teammates come out and tell us what really happened.

  19. #894
    these broadcasters seem to really love what the Hornets are doing... everytime they talk about Davis they say how they love what the team in general is doing

  20. #895
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Aminu is at his best when he's running in transition. This is when you see his athleticism stand out and when he doesn't have to think about what he's doing other than putting the balling the hoop. His problem offensively has been in a set offense. He does not have a good feel of when to attack and where to attack. This is partly due to his inconsistent shot and inability to get to the right spots on the court. If he can learn to read defensive sets on the fly and learn where to attack against these defensive sets, he'll probably be a lot better.
    Good points. I hope he can find spots. Since it looks like our best offense is going to be the drive and kick then all Aminu should do is space the floor by standing in a corner and hitting threes. He did that the first half of his rookie season well. I just hope he can find his stoke again. If he does that, defend, and get boards then he is the perfect wing on this team.
    @Jabberwalker

  21. #896
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    James Harden does not belong on this team...
    Agree 100%.

  22. #897
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,647
    Please tell me someone posted a .gif of that reverse alley-oop. PLEASE.
    Wherehappens.

  23. #898
    Outlandishly Optimistic... Contributor 2poor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    1,443
    Aminu looked tentative for as much as I saw him playing, but as the announcers were saying, the Nigerian team has no cohesion whatsoever so I'll give them a pass. Atrocious team defense though, absolutely atrocious.

    I remember AFA on Wake Forest, where he was "the man" and he played like it. He seems to be easily starstruck by NBA talent.
    Never looking back...or too far in front of me - the present is a gift, and I just wanna BEE.

  24. #899
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by 2poor View Post
    Aminu looked tentative for as much as I saw him playing, but as the announcers were saying, the Nigerian team has no cohesion whatsoever so I'll give them a pass. Atrocious team defense though, absolutely atrocious.

    I remember AFA on Wake Forest, where he was "the man" and he played like it. He seems to be easily starstruck by NBA talent.
    Again, consider the abnormal competition. Nigeria didn't even play badly in that 49 point first. I'm really questioning people who think '92 would stomp a hole in '12. This team is stomping much better competition.

    The one thing Nigeria had been doing well was defense. They just caught a god-like opponent yesterday. Fin.

  25. #900
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,927
    Russia beats Spain by 3. Spain started the game with a 20-2 lead but Russia kept fighting back, great game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •