.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 854

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread

  1. #301
    ATR22 ATR22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    393
    Bigdub, I'm certainly not criticizing as the uni looks great, but I was just thinking instead of the bird on the logo maybe you could incorporate the crescent city connection to make it more NOLA.

    I will say however the way it stands now makes it very gulf coast which is cool and could potentially draw some fans from neighboring states

  2. #302
    The Artist    Contributor   
    bigdub81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    623
    Bigdub, I'm certainly not criticizing as the uni looks great, but I was just thinking instead of the bird on the logo maybe you could incorporate the crescent city connection to make it more NOLA.

    I will say however the way it stands now makes it very gulf coast which is cool and could potentially draw some fans from neighboring states
    I donít mind a little criticism. I couldnít be an artist if I couldnít take it. Mentioning a re-brand alone on this board has hardened my soul to a point that would make even Kevlar, seem weak!

    I take your point on nixing the bird/seagull? in favor of the CCC. I did think about it but I didn't want it to seem too much like what the Warriors had just done with the GGB in their uniforms. Another point would be that with this design, I could at least place the bird off to the side, kind of coming off of the edge like it is, simply because I had to place the name across the front. Had I have done it the way it originally is within a circle, the name would have to have encircled it outside the main border and that definetly would have been to close to the Warriors.

    I think that NBA uniforms have gotten too generic these past few years. There's way's to push boundaries without being over-all tacky with it. Like our current uniforms, the stripes bother me because they are reminescent of Charlotte, and because of that weird diamond/argyle pattern that they threw down the sides! Why? Aside from a few tweaks, I really connected with the team when we had our original uniforms. This current set IMO was Shinn's last grasp at his glory from the Carolina day's!

    All in all, I just have fun desiging and then creating what I have put to paper. I take all of yall's suggestions and just try to make them work as I have done with the ArcAngels and Corsairs. For me it's all for fun even though I would love for the team to eventually evolve into their own proper identity. OKC might have a decent name with an extremely horrible logo and uniforms, it doesn't matter because from the moment they arrived, they were the OKC Thunder and however horrendous their brand is, it's there's! We can say we have a team yeah, but can we really say that it's all ours?

  3. #303
    ATR22 ATR22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    393
    All valid points and thanks for your design and creativity. I also thought about golden state and the GGB but wasn't sure how much the CCC would resemble it

  4. #304
    those breaker jerseys are amazing bro. Keep up the good work.

  5. #305
    King of Optimism!! Pilot172000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Winnsboro, La
    Posts
    631
    I troll this thread just to see BigDubs art. That Breaker jersey is sooo awesome!!! I can't wait for the corsairs!!

  6. #306
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    The Breakers jerseys are fantastic. Amazing. Plus, it has a basketball theme to it as well. Nice!

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  7. #307
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,006
    Fastbreakers.

    I'm liking that name more and more.

  8. #308
    Hall of Famer onpointlikecp3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Upper Penninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    They why sir should you be any different?! Here ya' go....


    How, exactly do you make these? Is there a special program you use? They look really professional. This is probably my favorite uni/color combo of them all.




    You don't follow my Twitter, I lead yours.

    https://twitter.com/#!/onpointlikecp3

  9. #309
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    I really like the New Orleans Breakers idea. Especially the design. Its simple, sleek.

  10. #310
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    2,475
    fwiw (and admittedly, not very much), I think there is truth to the Benson ownership rumblings....with that said, do you feel that he will support/pursue rebranding?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  11. #311
    Sounds like y'all might have some good news coming down the pike in the next little bit...congrats! Just thought I'd share this link with you:

    http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...ring-back-buzz

    ESPN.com interviewed me and some of my compatriots last week and the article just went live. As you'll see, Hornet's Report is featured prominently; thought y'all would get a kick out of it!
    We Beelieve: Charlotte...Take Back Your Hornets! links:

    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bee...2320741?ref=ts

    Petition:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/we-b...se-the-hornets

  12. #312
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    If it ended up being Brass, this would be perfect

    Wherehappens.

  13. #313
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    Well it's officially Benson now.

    Thoughts in the big thread that he'll buy back the Voodoo name. Any thoughts on what a good color combo would be for the Voodoo? Bigdub have you put anything together for that before?

  14. #314
    I love the Breakers' name and the design, but the colors say "Mavericks" to me; I think if you combined the color combination (in some respect) of the Archangels with the Breakers design, you would have a perfect (in my opinion) concept.

    The Corsairs concept and color is beautiful, stunning really. I do like the name "Breakers" more than "Corsairs", but I still like the nautical aspect of the latter, and if the team adopted that name with that color combination, I would be thrilled.

    You do wonderful work.
    Last edited by Coughka; 04-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.

  15. #315
    The Franchise Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,988
    BIGDUB, have you done anything with the Saints black and gold colors? Is there any chance we could see a nice markup of that?

    And I too will say no big deal if not. I know you're getting bombarded, but you are obviously VERY good.

  16. #316
    Hall of Famer Panic Hoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern Bama
    Posts
    535
    I mentioned this in the other thread, I don't like Breakers, but Dub does awesome work.

    Corsairs - like to see what the uniforms look like. Logo is pretty cool, but Corsairs is a bit hard for my eyes to read. For some reason, I expect to see a sash across the front of the shirt

  17. #317
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    BIGDUB, have you done anything with the Saints black and gold colors? Is there any chance we could see a nice markup of that?

    And I too will say no big deal if not. I know you're getting bombarded, but you are obviously VERY good.
    The Krewe stuff he made up was B&G but he took them down for some reason. Anyone save them?

  18. #318
    The Franchise Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    The Krewe stuff he made up was B&G but he took them down for some reason. Anyone save them?
    Maybe because he's working with Benson and that's the leader.


  19. #319
    Something about the Breaker's mock up screams Dallas Mavericks to me.

  20. #320
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Maybe because he's working with Benson and that's the leader.

    You know dude, I was thinking just that a few minutes ago. Wouldn't that be cool?

  21. #321
    The Franchise Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,988
    Now we're going to start a conspiracy theory. But hey, you never know. The Hornets and Benson would be stupid not to follow this forum to get the fans opinions. The local media has obviously been keeping tabs on us. And if I saw Dub's work, I would call him for his input. Would feel good to know a NOH fan from HR had a strong input on the rebranding.

  22. #322
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    He has been noticeably absent since the news broke... and those designs were there last week.

  23. #323
    Hall of Famer Panic Hoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern Bama
    Posts
    535
    I hope Benson has hired Dub.

    He deserves to get paid for his awesome talent.

  24. #324
    Hall of Famer onpointlikecp3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Upper Penninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Panic Hoops View Post
    I hope Benson has hired Dub.

    He deserves to get paid for his awesome talent.
    Cosign

  25. #325
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    If you google "bigdub krewe design" you can see small versions of it, but he was smart with the linking and you can't get the big version up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •