Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 0-1

Becoming very clear we can not survive this bench in the 4th quarter.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It appears to me that we will never be good. I’m not sure why God chose us…. Maybe one day we will see the light.

There is a massive confidence problem with these players. The losing culture just seems to be imprinted on this team. If you can’t motivate yourself to come out the majority of these games and play, you will get eaten alive

They need to cancel that espn game with us vs the hawks cause that game could get really bad

If we could trade sato temple Kira and a 1st for Ben Simmons I would do it in a heartbeat maybe hart he would definitely help with our offense and perimeter defense I like herb Jones tho

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Some will say Graham is going to be the designated scorer on a team that isn't very good at the time...

I look at Graham and say "Hell. I'm glad we have him to be entertaining even when we struggle."

im honestly suprised at how bad our bench has been to start out of the gate

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    im honestly suprised at how bad our bench has been to start out of the gate
    There's no one to either set the table...or to eat off the table if someone sets it. We have gotta probably move NAW there and say he's the offensive focus for the 2nd unit.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

If you’ve only watched Pels games you have to think Zach Lavine is the best NBA player in the league, holy crap does that guy go off against us.

There’s just not a lot of talent on this team. Even when Zion gets back and gets in shape, the cupboard is really bare.

Curious why Kira didn’t play in the first half

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    There’s just not a lot of talent on this team. Even when Zion gets back and gets in shape, the cupboard is really bare.
    Then what the hell was it last year? A non-Euclidean void of space?

I think the Sixers game was closer than the final score.

This game was worse than the final score.

This is what happens when you keep changing coaches. This team has talent even without Zion. There is just a ton of confusion on both ends of the floor. Look at Boston. They just got curb stomped by a sure lottery Toronto team.

And why would anyone take little digs at Graham? He's not putting up trash points. He's been scorching hot against the other team's frontline players while not forcing a thing. And scoring on his own at that.

The issue is getting 10 players to play on a string and cut down the confusion and turnovers.

And permanently sitting Temple and Sato.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-22-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Ball at $22 million > Tomas, Temple, and Hart at $27 million.

Terrible move and Griffin should be fired for it.

Drafting scoring guards >>> selling picks.

Making money when you have a talent problem will keep you a lottery team
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-22-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This is what happens when you keep changing coaches. This team has talent even without Zion. There is just a ton of confusion on both ends of the floor. Look at Boston. They just got curb stomped by a sure lottery Toronto team.

And why would anyone take little digs at Graham? He's not putting up trash points. He's been scorching hot against the other team's frontline players while not forcing a thing. And scoring on his own at that.

The issue is getting 10 players to play on a string and cut down the confusion and turnovers.

And permanently sitting Temple and Sato.
    I thought Graham was fine, he’s just not great in setting up the offense. They’re really going to need either BI or Zion to step up and take that role. Maybe when Zion takes over BI can shift to initiating the offense. I mean someone has to.

Green is going to need to give someone the green light off the bench. I don't care if it's Kira or even Hayes, someone needs to take on the volume scoring role and play with reckless abandonment... For better or worst.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Would like to see Jaxson shoot more 3's. It looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ball at $22 million > Tomas, Temple, and Hart at $27 million.

Terrible move and Griffin should be fired for it.

Drafting scoring guards >>> selling picks.

Making money when you have a talent problem will keep you a lottery team
    This kind of stuff I don't understand. Like what are you talking about?

I thought it's pretty obvious, given the contracts these players are on (especially Hart and Sato's expiring contracts) that all 3 of these players are going to be moved at some point, and very likely before the trade deadline.

That's the purpose of those players and that's how you look at that deal. I thought we all knew this?
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-22-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I thought Graham was fine, he’s just not great in setting up the offense. They’re really going to need either BI or Zion to step up and take that role. Maybe when Zion takes over BI can shift to initiating the offense. I mean someone has to.
    I don't think that's all on him though. Like more than a few times he's tried to hit Jonas on a roll, and Jonas wasn't even looking for the ball. That's just chemistry between those two, which again will take time.

When Zion comes back, there will not be a second of the game when at least two out of Brandon, Jonas or Zion will not be on the court (if the game is not out of control). The bench is just that weak.

Also, I have not been the biggest Kira supporter, but he still needs 20 minutes a night. Gawd, he's the only point we have on the whole team (apologies to Jose' Alvarado).

I thought it's pretty obvious, given the contracts these players are on (especially Hart and Sato's expiring contracts) that all 3 of these players are going to be moved at some point, and very likely before the trade deadline.

That's the purpose of those players and that's how you look at that deal. I thought we all knew this?

Agreed. I don't know why people keep saying this.

Naji has not looked great, and Murphy is a further away than I thought.

No, that's some pipedream Griffin reality. You don't acquire players to just trade them.

We been doing that for 3 years and it doesn't work.

You have to acquire talent first foremost. You don't see contender burning $27 million in salary halfway through a season for a mythical trade that never happens.

We have stop living in this fantasy trade machine existence and focusing bringing in talent and keeping talent. Then, try to trade actual talented players for good return.

Trades that actually benefit a team are done in the off season . Getting Jonas and Graham was excellent moves. Letting Ball walk for $27 in unplayable salary isn't.

Thread Information