Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 1-8

So..... is 1-10 still the thoughts of a pessimist or is it realistic now?

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Any wins from here until the end of November should be considered "accidental" at best and possibly even criminal depending on who might lose to us.

I'm not even sure we can win 7 games this season. I would hope we do, but Charlotte probably always thought so as well.

I actually feel bad for Willie Green. Seems like a great guy but he has jumped on the Titanic AFTER it hit the iceberg.
    Last edited by WildlifeAirGrp; 11-06-2021 at 08:07 AM.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

They will beat OKC. They will win a few that they shouldn't, only to get the fan base excited again. NAW will have a random 35 point game that has the optimistic saying he has "turned the corner"

It is all very predictable. You just have to see reality, not what you WANT to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Lineup when healthy should be:

PG: Graham/Alvarado/Lewis/Satoransky
    SG: Ingram/Murphy/NAW
    SF: Jones/Temple/Louzada
    PF: Zion/Hart/Marshall
    C: JV/Hernangomez/Hayes

NAW is an unreliable, streaky shooter with low IQ who doesn?t stand out in any way.
    I agree with all of this.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 11-06-2021 at 10:14 AM.

They will beat OKC. They will win a few that they shouldn't, only to get the fan base excited again. NAW will have a random 35 point game that has the optimistic saying he has "turned the corner"

It is all very predictable. You just have to see reality, not what you WANT to see.
    Hopefully Herb and BI plays on Monday vs Dallas. We need some high IQ guys back in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    NAW, JAX, Kira, and, to a lessor extent, Zion are the perfect examples why it's a crapshoot when drafting too many underclassmen to one team. No matter how much God-Given talent a player might have, they have to KNOW THE GAME IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME. They may have extraordinarily high ceilings, all, but at the same time, they also have subterranean floors. That's why Herb is showing so well this early; he played four years of college ball and knows the game.

It's also why, I would give Jose Alvarado a chance to show his wares.
    This is 100% spot on.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I hate to say this, but the G League team is a lot more fun to watch right now.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

I don't think anyone is getting excited at any point.

I don't think anyone is even watching to be honest.

The few hardcore fans left will just be pissed when they manage to screw up their draft position with a random W.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I hate to say this, but the G League team is a lot more fun to watch right now.....
    Summer League was WAY more fun than this.

lol mac what are you talking about man

What's your thoughts on Zion current weight situation? You think he ever figures it out if we fire Griff?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    lol mac what are you talking about man
    This is not Mac, he is done with sports but I do agree with Herb Jones Fan.

I predicted a 0-5 start, and expected us to at least start 2-8 but I didn't anticipate the BI injury or the strong regression of the internal growth guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post

I predicted a 0-5 start, and expected us to at least start 2-8 but I didn't anticipate the BI injury or the strong regression of the internal growth guys.
    damn, really? My condolences to him then. It's gotta suck to have your passion for the game completely sucked dry, he was a lotta things but he was definitely a pelicans fan

I don't know why herbjonesfan keeps insisting their are "optimists" on this board. That's pretty much my only qualm with his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    damn, really? My condolences to him then. It's gotta suck to have your passion for the game completely sucked dry, he was a lotta things but he was definitely a pelicans fan

I don't know why herbjonesfan keeps insisting their are "optimists" on this board. That's pretty much my only qualm with his posts.
    Because when it was CLEAR that this team was not good very early on, there were people on this board saying this team would be closer to 10-1 than 1-10 (my prediction after seeing game 1). And it was a new excuse every game, both for the team and for your entitled fat 'franchise cornerstone'

Admittedly, some people have had their rose colored glasses darkened over the past week or so, but I will bet anything that the second the team lucks into a win or two, or a random scrub has a great game or two, the optimism will return. Instead, everyone should just realize that Herb is the only great thing your franchise has going for it!!

Because when it was CLEAR that this team was not good very early on, there were people on this board saying this team would be closer to 10-1 than 1-10 (my prediction after seeing game 1). And it was a new excuse every game, both for the team and for your entitled fat 'franchise cornerstone'

Admittedly, some people have had their rose colored glasses darkened over the past week or so, but I will bet anything that the second the team lucks into a win or two, or a random scrub has a great game or two, the optimism will return. Instead, everyone should just realize that Herb is the only great thing your franchise has going for it!!
    nah you making all that up man, sorry to say. cans confirm it did NOT go down like that at all

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    there were people on this board saying this team would be closer to 10-1 than 1-10
    Nobody said that.

Since apparently additional (troll) accounts are allowed, I encourage everyone to make at least one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Nobody said that.

Since apparently additional (troll) accounts are allowed, I encourage everyone to make at least one or two.
    I think the must anyone had us was 4-6... I think 2-8 was my new floor before the season started.

4-16 or 6-14 was another pick by me in.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Nobody said that.

Lmao

I think I had the team at anywhere between 4-6 (as a reasonable baseline) and 7-3, assuming everything went perfect from day one.

If you had told me in August to predict the record after 10 games knowing that Zion wouldn't play in any of them, and Ingram would miss 4 of them as well, I feel like I would have guessed probably 3-7 or 2-8, largely assuming we would have picked up some wins against SAC.

Nobody, suffice it to say, expected the team to be 10-1 or 9-2 or similar.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru

man you are MM number one fan on this board...the fact that you are asking herbjonesfan thoughts on zion weight situation proves that you know that is your boy MM.....the name change but the writing stays the same...

question is why the name change?....did he forget his password to his other account?.....

It's a shame, cause HerbJonesFan had the potential to be an All-Time username.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    man you are MM number one fan on this board...the fact that you are asking herbjonesfan thoughts on zion weight situation proves that you know that is your boy MM.....the name change but the writing stays the same...

question is why the name change?....did he forget his password to his other account?.....
    I honestly don't know if this MM or not but do enjoy interesting minds that post here.

It's hard to filter through the same, basic comments from multiple Pelicans sites so when I find alternative minds that have hot takes or logical reasons for hot takes it intrigues me. Which is why I honestly only visit this site now for Pelicandae, MM when he was here, and Herb Jones Fan.

No offense to no one else, but it's clear the more critical thinkers on this site compared to the rest.

My skillset is not as skilled as those guys, so instead of being jealous of their intellect, I prefer to ask questions and learn something.

When it comes to other things in life, I'm confident that I'm more informed than others, but when talking basketball, I prefer to ask questions more than get sensitive when someone I disagree with on a basketball take. Ultimately I'm here to learn something new, or hear some interesting basketball takes.

I honestly don't know if this MM or not but do enjoy interesting minds that post here.

It's hard to filter through the same, basic comments from multiple Pelicans sites so when I find alternative minds that have hot takes or logical reasons for hot takes it intrigues me. Which is why I honestly only visit this site now for Pelicandae, MM when he was here, and Herb Jones Fan.

No offense to no one else, but it's clear the more critical thinkers on this site compared to the rest.

My skillset is not as skilled as those guys, so instead of being jealous of their intellect, I prefer to ask questions and learn something.

When it comes to other things in life, I'm confident that I'm more informed than others, but when talking basketball, I prefer to ask questions more than get sensitive when someone I disagree with on a basketball take. Ultimately I'm here to learn something new, or hear some interesting basketball takes.
    dawg, come on now, there's no need for this. This board isn't some chessboard analogy out of The Wire or something. Every one has something to contribute (if they're so willing and do so out of honest intention). Every one has value. Putting posters on a pedestal over others has no utility on this board, and if you feel that way, respectfully, keep it to yourself.

Your grammar is better than this. I'll accept the insult, but it least make it easy to read.

Basketball Guru

yeah playboy im not going back and forth with you on this...i think majority of posters on this board know who herb is...i just dont understand why yall playing these games....hell,,the same poster was on the other site under the name dingleberry or something and doing the same type of posting there and posters over there called him out on it...like i said,,the damn name change but the writing stays the same....

now the only time you come on this site is when MM post something and you come and cosign it,,defend MM or get a kick out of him insulting someone.....hell, you are on a post saying how herb is becoming your fav posters lol wth....so you know its your boy MM but why the name games?...

the sad thing is ,,you are MM number one fan and he didnt have the decency to invite you to his elite board....

Time to prepare for the future and prioritize the youth for now. Worry about the vets after the season either via trade or FA. Unless another Boogie trade falls into our laps of course. Tank time

Thread Information