Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we please finally have a pitty party for the Lakers?

Can we please finally have a pitty party for the Lakers?

Guys, during the AD/Lebron/Klutch situation the Lakers haven’t been treated fairly. ESPN wants us to know that Magic and the Lakers were disrespected by us, and that we didn’t act in the Lakers best interest. Poor guys. Those big markets have it so rough some times with the league and agents trying to do them in.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...act-good-faith

I hope that they can get through these difficult times.

/sarcasmoff
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Guys, during the AD/Lebron/Klutch situation the Lakers haven’t been treated fairly. ESPN wants us to know that Magic and the Lakers were disrespected by us, and that we didn’t act in the Lakers best interest. Poor guys. Those big markets have it so rough some times with the league and agents trying to do them in.

/sarcasmoff
    geezus he doesn't sound like a spoiled rich kid who didn't get his way at all

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Shoutout to Broussard

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

Shoutout to Broussard
    I love him trying to say they were the 4th seed with out mentioning yeah with lebron that's the only way hos whole crap works what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I love him trying to say they were the 4th seed with out mentioning yeah with lebron that's the only way hos whole crap works what a joke

The Lebron factor has really been minimised when people talk about how much success this Laker's team has had this year compared to last year.

Last season, Lebron took a team starring Larry Nance Jr, J.R. Smith, Jose Calderon, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic, and Jeff Green to the finals. They would have won at least one game if not for J.R. Smith being so stupid that he wasted Lebron's 50 point game.

Would anyone take a trade for Larry Nance Jr, Cedi Osman, and Ante Zizic for AD? No? But they won so many games! Ignore the fact that Lebron carried them, and whenever he sat they were abysmal. Ignore that.
    Basketball.

You could tell the dude was losing because he resorted to the whole "they care more about the Saints".

As if that has any bearing on whether it was the right decision or not.

Shoutout to Broussard
    I had never heard of that Laker fan before watching that video, but he got completely eviscerated. That guy kept harping in “those are 4 former first round picks, and two extra picks”, yeah “ Anthony Bennett, Nik Stauskas, Alex Len, and Ben McLemore we’re first round picks too, what’s your point?”

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You could tell the dude was losing because he resorted to the whole "they care more about the Saints".

As if that has any bearing on whether it was the right decision or not.

If anything I came away with the understanding that the Saints know more about basketball than that guy did, because the Saints weren’t willing to make a trash trade while that Laker fan would have jumped in head first.

If anything I came away with the understanding that the Saints know more about basketball than that guy did, because the Saints weren’t willing to make a trash trade while that Laker fan would have jumped in head first.
    That's true.

Broussard was on fire in that clip.

On AD to LA for the storyline: ''That's not the Pelicans responsibility!''
    On getting offered all of the young Lakers: ''Oh yeah, you can have 6 of the 35 win Lakers! Oh no, the 6-12 Lakers, without Lebron.''
    ''If New York or Boston doesn't better it, then FINE, but I can get that Lakers offer or something close later.''

Beautiful.

Take legal action against NBA! Stein exposed NBA corruption

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Take legal action against NBA! Stein exposed NBA corruption

I mean, if by 'exposed' you mean, 'said the same thing pretty much all the Pels writers, and 90% of this board, have already said' then yeah, I guess he did expose them.

Not sure why we could take legal action against the NBA just because Marc Stein is saying it now instead of Shamit Dua, or Tinman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, if by 'exposed' you mean, 'said the same thing pretty much all the Pels writers, and 90% of this board, have already said' then yeah, I guess he did expose them.

Not sure why we could take legal action against the NBA just because Marc Stein is saying it now instead of Shamit Dua, or Tinman.
    Well yea that is what I mean. There is obviously a double standard. Take them to court. Enough is enough!

Well yea that is what I mean. There is obviously a double standard. Take them to court. Enough is enough!
    Maybe you don't need to take them to court. Maybe its enough to tell the league, "Look, you didn't do this for all these healthy players. We're going to sit AD. If you don't like it, we'll see you in court."

silver is looking more and more like a scrub that takes orders from the players. He works for the owners and they need to get on his ******.

LOOOOOOL
    LA Lakers official poverty franchise, incompetent management, Magic's gonna get them moved to Seattle, etc etc etc

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Shoutout to Broussard
    I don't know how this schmuck Jason McIntyre can be considered a legitimate analyst. My god, first that tweet about sending the Pels to Seattle, and now saying that on national TV? What a loser. Greg Jennings is right, the dude thinks too much like a fan. You realize you're losing an argument, then you take shots at the organization and fanbase? Kick rocks dork. You don't deserve a job.

/sarcasmoff

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson

He needs to know how we feel!

LeBron And Lakers Hoping Horrible Series Of Failed Betrayals Brings Them Closer As Team

LOS ANGELES—Responding to a tumultuous trade deadline that saw most of the roster floated for potential deals, LeBron James and his Lakers teammates confirmed Monday that they were hoping this horrible series of failed betrayals would bring them closer as a team. “I’m really trying to stay positive, and I think the fact that I openly tried and failed to push multiple players off this team for Anthony Davis will only make us stronger,” said the four-time NBA MVP, who claimed Lonzo Ball’s father trashing him on national television has only made James respect him more as a teammate. “Sometimes, you just need a cascading series of backstabbing lies, public humiliation, and transparent attempts to replace each other before you realize how great the players around you truly are. I’m sure these young guys feel the same way, and finding out that we don’t want to play with each other at all will take this team to the next level.” At press time, James insisted that the Lakers falling further out of the Western Conference playoff picture would only give them more time to bond this offseason.

https://sports.theonion.com/lebron-a...etr-1832537573

I love The Onion.

I love how the Laker fan in that Chris Broussard clip says “nobody thinks that the Celtics are going to trade Jayson Tatum to the Pels.” He is the only guy that thinks that way. Everyone and there mother is expecting the Celtics trade to be centered around tatum.

Hahaha .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dy/3124616002/

James might be gone and Magic might have GM duties removed by the time Davis gets there

Hahaha .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dy/3124616002/

James might be gone and Magic might have GM duties removed by the time Davis gets there
    Klutch mouthpeice wasn't having it, lol. Wasn't Erman the one who recorded him and got him fired? No axe to grind at all...

JVG is right tho. It's clear whatever "plan" they sold Lebron ain't panning out. I don't think Lebrons ego would let him cut and run like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The Lebron factor has really been minimised when people talk about how much success this Laker's team has had this year compared to last year.

Last season, Lebron took a team starring Larry Nance Jr, J.R. Smith, Jose Calderon, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic, and Jeff Green to the finals. They would have won at least one game if not for J.R. Smith being so stupid that he wasted Lebron's 50 point game.

Would anyone take a trade for Larry Nance Jr, Cedi Osman, and Ante Zizic for AD? No? But they won so many games! Ignore the fact that Lebron carried them, and whenever he sat they were abysmal. Ignore that.
    That's the difference of being in the East your whole career.
    Would LeBron have won a title had he always been in the West with those teams?

https://deadspin.com/report-the-lake...ead-1833207820

While Buss has been an ardent backer of Walton, she has also empowered Johnson, who has been less resolute in his support. His efforts have all worked against his coach rather than with him. After delivering James in July, Johnson ignored the pleas of the coaching staff that he retain Brook Lopez and Julius Randle. Instead, he signed controversial and limited journeymen JaVale McGee, Michael Beasley and Lance Stephenson.

Thread Information