Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: What trade packages, not just for AD, do you want? What’s realistic?

Just say no to a trade With any tram in the West. Why male them better?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Just say no to a trade With any tram in the West. Why male them better?
    Trade with the best offer. Why make us worse?

I personally think the "29 other teams" soundbite was said so he didn't look like the bad guy trying to force himself to the Lakers. Of course AD has a list but he isn't out there saying "here is my list." He has proven throughout his years in New Orleans and especially the last month that he does not want to be a bad guy so the 29 other teams thing was said to not look like a villain.

Cap wise for the Suns, unless they dump Mose Shrute (aka Tyler Johnson), they don't have the cap space to sign another high level guy. I am not saying AD to the Suns is impossible, I am looking at the realistic scenario. There is nowhere outside of Boston, Denver, New York, Brooklyn, or both LA teams that: 1.) has the assets 2.) is in the right position to win immediately 3.) has the market.

I do see your point and if a bad team blows me out the water with a deal, I take it. It is just understood around the league that if AD doesn't end up in a situation where he is winning and happy, he is probably going to leave in free agency.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    I personally think the "29 other teams" soundbite was said so he didn't look like the bad guy trying to force himself to the Lakers. Of course AD has a list but he isn't out there saying "here is my list." He has proven throughout his years in New Orleans and especially the last month that he does not want to be a bad guy so the 29 other teams thing was said to not look like a villain.

Cap wise for the Suns, unless they dump Mose Shrute (aka Tyler Johnson), they don't have the cap space to sign another high level guy. I am not saying AD to the Suns is impossible, I am looking at the realistic scenario. There is nowhere outside of Boston, Denver, New York, Brooklyn, or both LA teams that: 1.) has the assets 2.) is in the right position to win immediately 3.) has the market.

I do see your point and if a bad team blows me out the water with a deal, I take it. It is just understood around the league that if AD doesn't end up in a situation where he is winning and happy, he is probably going to leave in free agency.
    I'm certain AD has preferences and I would leverage those teams hardest to offer the most. At the end of it all the best offer get AD period, what he wants should make zero difference to this organisation.

IF he had privately said he did not intend on re-signing and allowed us to leverage that to teams he told us he prefered... I would be more inclined to respect his wishes. The fact that he cost this team the rest of this season, tarnished the org publicly, and cost us revenue... I give zero ducks what he wants. His next contract isn't our problem. or?

Question: Is it possible to sign him to his max deal as a sign and trade? If we were to trade him with one of his preferred destinations and he wanted to sign there long term for the most amount of money that only we can offer with his rights? Could this be used as more leverage for getting a mega deal for him?

I’m not going to throw out trades yet because we still have too many factors in play like the lottery and trade demands down the pipe. What we need to strive for is to trade a five star player into two four star players and keep Jrue. Everything else will fall into place because we have our bench set with Williams, Payton, Jackson,Diallo, and Okafor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information