Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 12th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 31-38

Pelicans May 12th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 31-38

Injury stuff remains as it was last game.

Last game we took a good L, in a close game that came down to it and showed good minutes for the youth but ultimately resulted in another L and a continued drive towards the 8th pick. It's still a difficult path, that one win we got the other day really bites us in that regard, but it's not technically impossible: it just requires some unlikely Bulls wins.

Tonight we take on Dallas, the 40-29 6th seed who struggled earlier in the season with injuries but which has really stepped up over the last month or six weeks. Since April 1st, Dallas is 15-8 and have looked good overall, though there is no question that part of this is due to their cushy schedule. Their last fifteen games have been:

- Grizzlies
    - Knicks
    - Kings three times
    - Pistons twice
    - Lebron-less Lakers twice
    - Golden State
    - Wizards
    - Heat
    - Nets
    - Cavaliers twice

Not exactly a tough time, especially considering 9 of those games were at home.

Their easy matchups continue as they take on us, who are not good at all (and worse on the road) at home. As the injury report lists, we're still out Zion, Adams, Ingram, and Hart, which means hopefully we can see some big minutes from NAW/Kira/Jax/Naji, who have all been seeing more time (and in most cases, using that time well) during this mini tank to close out the season.

Other Games from Tonight: Spurs take on the Nets, and Washington takes on the Hawks. We want the Spurs and Wizards to win, but otherwise that's basically it for us. No games for the Kings or Bulls.
    Basketball.

Update: Lonzo out too

looking at that Dallas roster can't help but be in awe of what Luka has done for them...Roster wise the pels seem to have a better named roster compared to them, but Luka has that Lebron in him where he makes his team better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Finally, we're all in on the tank. Let's lose these last 3 and pray for some wins from Chicago and Sactown.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Finally, we're all in on the tank. Let's lose these last 3 and pray for some wins from Chicago and Sactown.
    We are already tied with SAc. So, all we need is Chicago to keep getting Ws since they won't have a pick anyways

So that means NAW starts, and our young Brazilian prospect can finally, maybe, hopefully get some NBA run. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So that means NAW starts, and our young Brazilian prospect can finally, maybe, hopefully get some NBA run. Cool.
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We are already tied with SAc. So, all we need is Chicago to keep getting Ws since they won't have a pick anyways
    tied with Sacramento is worse than Sacto ahead of us. Also, Chicago does keep their pick if they are top 4, so they actually have a lot of incentive to lose and make those odds of keeping it as high as possible
    @mcnamara247

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I hope so.
    yall know stan going with naw,,lewis and bledsoe....naji may get some 2 guard..

To Didi or not to Didi, that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    tied with Sacramento is worse than Sacto ahead of us. Also, Chicago does keep their pick if they are top 4, so they actually have a lot of incentive to lose and make those odds of keeping it as high as possible
    May the best tank prosper. I suppose.

May the best tank prosper. I suppose.
    Bet Dallas with the points?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Bet Dallas with the points?
    I can only speak for myself and I have Dallas 1H - 4.5 on my sheet today.

May the best tanker lose.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Rough start for NAW.

Well we're gonna lose out from here

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Rough start for NAW.
    yeah..posters say he was the next big thing for the pelicans but he inconsistent also...

Never bet on full game spreads in the NBA. Too much time consumin. You can make banks on QTRs and Halfs. Flip it onto the next game. Also, NBA is such an easy game to live bet and win.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Things are progressing well.

Losing so aggressively here and then losing last game in such a clean, tank-friendly way, only makes that one win against Charlotte more annoying

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    In the microsecond of Didi with the ball, I just caught how quick he looked. Like he probably has a very good first step.

Losing so aggressively here and then losing last game in such a clean, tank-friendly way, only makes that one win against Charlotte more annoying
    Just need Kings to lose 1 and Bulls win 2 right?

Just need Kings to lose 1 and Bulls win 2 right?
    To tie with the Bulls, yes. If we'd have lost against Charlotte the same outcomes would have given us the 8th pick uncontested.

To tie with the Bulls, yes. If we'd have lost against Charlotte the same outcomes would have given us the 8th pick uncontested.
    Ehhhh... Better late than never. I'll take a tie.

Didi is frustrating Luka and I absolutely love it.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 05-12-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Thread Information