Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which Trade Would You Do?

0%. Because if there is any chance of it, they wont do it
    @mcnamara247

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    0%. Because if there is any chance of it, they wont do it
    Makes sense. Couldn?t think of any examples of that happening. Read on TD that Hollinger mentioned Liddell could just wait till after trade deadline and get paid same amount then as he could today out of MLE, like you said. He mentioned that Orlando did that with Okeke I think

2, 5, 3, 1, in that order.

I wouldn?t do #4 at all. I don?t see how Plumlee gives us anything different than Hernangomez, and Hayes is more valuable to me than an expiring Plumlee.

You have to give up a valuable piece to get it though. One that is more valuable than Beasley, wouldn?t be that big of a difference maker
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    What?s the risk the fake overseas deal gets looked at as a way of Pels circumventing the cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    2, 5, 3, 1, in that order.

I wouldn?t do #4 at all. I don?t see how Plumlee gives us anything different than Hernangomez, and Hayes is more valuable to me than an expiring Plumlee.

Season Ticket Holder
    Or.....you dip your toe into the domestic violence water and see how your fan base reacts, and then if they dont seem to care, you bring back Bridges!
    Bridges is going to jail. I will be shocked if he plays another minute in the NBA.

I will bet against him going to jail. Regardless of what ‘should’ happen, we have seen time and time again that if a person has money and resources, they won’t go to jail for this. The woke will always paint the picture as people of color get held responsible while white people go free. The truth is that the poor ones go to jail and the rich ones go free. Not a question of if he plays in the NBA again. Question is when

Season Ticket Holder
    I will bet against him going to jail. Regardless of what ‘should’ happen, we have seen time and time again that if a person has money and resources, they won’t go to jail for this. The woke will always paint the picture as people of color get held responsible while white people go free. The truth is that the poor ones go to jail and the rich ones go free. Not a question of if he plays in the NBA again. Question is when
    Disagree. We shall see. I've seen zero people defend him. Black, white, woke or otherwise.

Yeah, you missed the point entirely. Read again

Season Ticket Holder
    Yeah, you missed the point entirely. Read again
    I understand your point. "It's not about race it's about class" is a bunch of hooey, but we can debate that somewheres else.

WHEN'S THE SEASON GONNA START!?!??!?!?

The Franchise
    Why?

Not necessarily disagreeing but genuinely want to know why
    He?s a backup SG and can create for himself if needed. Doesn?t hurt that he?s a local boy.

Basketball Guru
    #4....zion, nance,,billy, plumlee, and val is good by me at the 4 and the 5....

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    3, then 1, then 4 in my book.

3 and it's not even close. I kinda dig 1 also. But 3 is the only one that seriously moves the needle now. Thats what a trade at this juncture should aim for.

It's a lot about rep (reputation). By that I mean not just the three's he's gonna shoot and make, but for all the ones he already has.

When we signed the geriatric version of Peja Stojachovich to play along side CP3; Peja would be standing by the concessions and his man still wouldn't leave off of him to help.

With him and CJ spotting up I think Brandon and Zion would seriously slice people up

Lets say, HYPOTHETICALLY, that Griff really wanted to do a 2-for-1 because he wanted to give someone a NG contract, while giving the second two-way to EJ. Now, lets say these were the current possible trade frameworks sitting on his desk. Which would you do, if any?

1. Devonte Graham, Jaxson Hayes, and two 2nds for Doug McDermott (2/27.5 left on contract)

2. Graham, Hayes, and 2026 pick swap option from Bucks for Malik Beasley (15.5 this year, Team Option for 16.5 next year)

3. Graham, Hayes, 2024 lotto protected 1st (that becomes 2025 lotto protected, and then two 2nds) for Bojan Bogdanovic (expiring 19 mil)

4. Hayes and Naji for Mason Plumlee (expiring 9 mil) and a 2nd

5 Temple and Hayes (with Hayes going to 3rd team) for Kelly Olynyk (12.8 this year, partial guarantee of 3 mil next year)

Looking at scenario's 3 and 4, which I consider to would move the needle more than the other 3; are you suggesting that the 2026 pick swap is more valuable than the 2024 lotto protected 1st?
    Or is Bojan more difficult to get than Beasley?

I would have ranked in value:

1. Beasley
    2. Bojan
    3. McDermott
    4. Kelly
    5. Plumlee

Bojan should/does have more value around the league. Maybe you like Beasley better and maybe he fits better. But all price is driven by demand and Bojan will cost more to get than Beasley due to number of competitors for eachs services

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    When we signed the geriatric version of Peja Stojachovich to play along side CP3; Peja would be standing by the concessions and his man still wouldn't leave off of him to help.
    Peja was not even 30 when we signed him. He was either 28 or 29.

Bojan should/does have more value around the league. Maybe you like Beasley better and maybe he fits better. But all price is driven by demand and Bojan will cost more to get than Beasley due to number of competitors for eachs services
    Even better get me Beasley, Kelly or Plumlee.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Peja was not even 30 when we signed him. He was either 28 or 29.

lol I knew someone would say something along those lines, but he was near done and you know it. He had larry bird syndrome, that is some back problems which made him play older IMO

The X factor I would like to know is: How do most players feel about the Pelicans chances of being a legit contender? Because you look at a guy like Galinari - who was willing to go to a legit contender and come off the bench, and play whatever role they wanted. He wouldnt do that for the Bulls, for instance - a team that will likely make the playoffs but everyone knows cant possibly contend.

Bogdanovic would probably be happy to be traded to the Clippers, knowing he will come off the bench and might have some nights he plays under 20 mins. I am curious if we are sign around the league closer to the Bulls or the Clippers. If its the former, I dont think you get a truly engaged, all bought in BB. And all the guys currently on the team are 120% bought in. Its not worth messing with that for a mercenary, one year talent upgrade. But maybe some guys see the Pels as some fans do - a team that was playing at a 45-50 win pace at the end of the year, adding an All NBA caliber player. If so, then I would be more into the Bogdanovic trade, as I think most of our fans are overrating our bench - because they are likeable guys, but not necessarily actually impactful basketball players

Would've liked to get Markannen in that Cavs-Jazz trade. Seems like Jazz/Ainge probably keep Lauri as a good tank 2nd option scoring option. Still a possibility, can still be immediately be re-traded as the only outgoing player. Hayes + Graham + 1st. Or, Hayes + Kira + Temple + 1st

No thanks on Markannen. Griff could have gotten him for Lonzo (who he disliked) and he passed. No defense, doesnt get to the line, rebounds like a guard even though he is 7 feet tall. Only been an above average shooter 1 out of 5 seasons. And you get to pay him 52 mil over the next three years to give you that.

This team has enough offensive first players, I dont want another. The only guy I would be really excited to get off of Utah is Vanderbilt

Obviously, the Pels have plenty of O & their main problem is a lack of D. Pels need to find another "Herb" or at least somebody that is 50% of Herb on the defensive end... to become a serious contender to win the West. Hopefully, DD can become that player.

By the way, I think the Pels will do all they can this season...to determine just exactly WHAT...Herb can offer them on the offensive end. I remain quite optimistic that they will be extremely happy...with what they find.

No thanks on Markannen. Griff could have gotten him for Lonzo (who he disliked) and he passed. No defense, doesnt get to the line, rebounds like a guard even though he is 7 feet tall. Only been an above average shooter 1 out of 5 seasons. And you get to pay him 52 mil over the next three years to give you that.

This team has enough offensive first players, I dont want another. The only guy I would be really excited to get off of Utah is Vanderbilt
    I really like Vanderbilt as a bench big. He has a lot of hustle that is contagious. Any chance they are looking to unload him? Could Temple, cash and a 2nd tempt them as that would save them some salary?

No chance
    What do you would think it would take? If I were the Pels, I certainly would not send a 1st rounder, so is there a player with a 2nd (or multiple 2nds) that you think would interest them?

Thread Information