Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horford or Harris

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

Rumor Horford or Harris

Pel's possibly looking at both... what are your thoughts...Al Horford or Tobias Harris?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Horford but not at the amount thats rumored

Tobias Harris is another extremely good fit, can play both small and power forward, would be great in small ball lineups at the 4 and Zion at the 5, and he’s athletic, we could literally run anyone out the gym

We are going to be linked to every big name by every agent trying to get his client a big deal because we have cap space, and they want to drive up the market for their clients.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

One of the main concerns I have with Tobias Harris is that he's already played for 5 different teams. Even though he produces, he doesn't stick with one team for long before being traded.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    One of the main concerns I have with Tobias Harris is that he's already played for 5 different teams. Even though he produces, he doesn't stick with one team for long before being traded.
    That's because he's not actually that great.

Tobias Harris is kind of a weird guy because his box score numbers look good, but he's a relatively un-impactful player. Advanced stats make that clearer than his box score: he's a career 0.1 BPM, a career .114 WS/48 guy, a career league-average PER guy, and has never posted a VORP over 2.0 in a season. All good, he's not terrible, but definitely not the kind of guy I'd be offering a max contract.

Also he's bad on defense.
    Basketball.

Harris not bad on defense, he is serviceable. However, I feel he will be significantly overpaid.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Harris not bad on defense, he is serviceable. However, I feel he will be significantly overpaid.
    you might be right, but any player that is drawing interest from multiple teams will likely be well overpaid....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Where do we place Harris if he comes along? Ingram's not coming off the bench. And he's not playing PF because that's Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Where do we place Harris if he comes along? Ingram's not coming off the bench. And he's not playing PF because that's Zion.
    Ingram can probably play a few power forward minutes here and there but yeah, if he tried playing that spot regularly he'd get absolutely bodied.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram can probably play a few power forward minutes here and there but yeah, if he tried playing that spot regularly he'd get absolutely bodied.
    I believe he was referring to Harris, not Ingram

If we acquired Harris, he would start at SF more likely.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Please no Horford, please yes Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    If we acquired Harris, he would start at SF more likely.
    Yes he would. This would cause Ingram to come off the bench and have a finishing front court of Ingram-Harris-Zion or it could push Zo to the bench and have Jrue and Ingram move up a spot.

I wouldn't offer more than $18-19 million and he's gonna command more than that, maybe even a max.

I wouldn't offer more than $18-19 million and he's gonna command more than that, maybe even a max.
    He likely will get the max and he is not worth that IMO.

The only reason I see us getting Harris is if there is an issue with Ingram’s blood clot.

It does not make sense to sign him otherwise.

That being said.... I’d love Harris on this team.
    Last edited by HartOfaPelican; 06-25-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    The only reason I see us getting Harris is if there is an issue with Ingram’s blood clot.

It does not make sense to sign him otherwise.

That being said.... I’d love Harris on this team.
    Ingram is not an established player. He has a lot to prove if he wants to be viewed as a long term starter. Same with Lonzo.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He likely will get the max and he is not worth that IMO.
    He absolutely is not

Ingram is not an established player. He has a lot to prove if he wants to be viewed as a long term starter. Same with Lonzo.
    I agree, but how does Harris make sense right now then assuming Ingram is heathy?

Are we sticking with the young kids and slightly rebuilding still? Or are we trying to be a contender soon?

We need to make up our mind and stick with it. There is no reason to get ourselves stuck in between.

The pelicans had the chance to build something special but the wrong moves could destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I agree, but how does Harris make sense right now then assuming Ingram is heathy?

Are we sticking with the young kids and slightly rebuilding still? Or are we trying to be a contender soon?

We need to make up our mind and stick with it. There is no reason to get ourselves stuck in between.

The pelicans had the chance to build something special but the wrong moves could destroy it.
    I don't like signing Horford or Harris long-term, but I'm ok with signing veterans on a short-term deal who can help. Guys who I mentioned earlier like Dedmond, Collison and Gay who can shoot from 3s and all three should fit under the cap. Also not opposed to trading for a contract like Steven Adams if we can move Moore in the process and add Jerami Grant with it.

I don't like signing Horford or Harris long-term, but I'm ok with signing veterans on a short-term deal who can help. Guys who I mentioned earlier like Dedmond, Collison and Gay who can shoot from 3s and all three should fit under the cap. Also not opposed to trading for a contract like Steven Adams if we can move Moore in the process and add Jerami Grant with it.
    I think any move with a vet should be 2 years or less. Anything longer than that and I think we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

We want to be prepared to make a FA splash in 2-3 years when all the kids are primed and ready for a championship run.

If we are going to give a contract to anyone that is longer than two years, they need to be young and fit our long term plans. That being said, the only person that makes sense to me in FA is Vucevic.

Is he the perfect fit and can he replicate the season he just had? Idk.... but if we are going to sign Horford for longer than 2 years for a ton of money... might as well go after Vucevic. Or go after B Lopez! I’d prefer either of them over Horford.

I wanted Tobias Harris to join AD and Jrue for years, but not sure about our new current squad. I really like him as a combo forward for today’s NBA. I still really like him, but think Al Horford would be a better fit to this extremely young team we have now. We need someone that can get it done in the paint, but can also space the floor so Zion can do what he does best. Out of all the top free agents in this class Al would probably be the perfect fit IMO. He could play with Zion, Hayes, and Okafor IMO. He would make our top 4 big men really one of the better in the game IMO. Hopefully no one will look to pay him the max, so we could possibly get him on a decent deal. I like the thought of bringing back Niko, but Al would be a lot better fit for his game in the paint. An older vet the likes of Horford would do wonders for our young bigs Zion, Hayes, & Okafor(he’s only 24, so he’s pretty young himself).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We are going to be linked to every big name by every agent trying to get his client a big deal because we have cap space, and they want to drive up the market for their clients.
    Exactly

Thread Information