Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game One

Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game One

Listen, guys, I know I'm making the thread early but it's already midnight in the UK and I'm too hyped to wait any longer!

Game one, on the road, we can win this! Time for AD to drop 40, Jrue to put the clamps on Dame so hard he has to get towed to NOLA for game 3, and for Rondo to engage the defense! Pelicans in 5, and it starts tonight!
    Basketball.

Dream BIG? Ok no problem - We will win game 1!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We take this game, I can see us beating the Blazers in 5. I really do.

Which is why this game will be friggin' tough. Dame Lillard is a baller. So is McCollum. And if Aminu decides to hit crazy shots...

But I feel like AD has been holding back the last few weeks. Plus he's been tired. I think he breaks something off tonight.

Flap. Flap.

I can't read "Dame" and not think Judi Dench.

And to my thinking, if it is the calendar date then it is not early. A day before is earlier, anything on that game's date is fair.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Flap. Flap.

I can't read "Dame" and not think Judi Dench.
    I think Dame Edna Everage, who is probably somehow even further from what Lillard would appreciate, but oh well

I have to give the Pels coaching staff credit for a great regular season, I am not a fan of the style but it has worked. That said, this is different, the playoff defenses are tougher, open looks are much harder to come by. This team defensive laspes and bad third quarters cannot happen this time of year, and Gentry has to be ready to make adjustments on the fly and game to game in a long series. I do believe this team has the talent for a nice playoff run, I just hope the staff is ready for playoff basketball. Let's go Pels!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Never thought I’d read about Dame Edna Everage on here. A national treasure.

Also did boogie make it to the game? *edit* just saw a tweet. He ain’t coming. Bummer. Wonder if it was because he’s not cleared to fly yet?
    Last edited by jben_net; 04-14-2018 at 08:39 PM.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I have to give the Pels coaching staff credit for a great regular season, I am not a fan of the style but it has worked. That said, this is different, the playoff defenses are tougher, open looks are much harder to come by. This team defensive laspes and bad third quarters cannot happen this time of year, and Gentry has to be ready to make adjustments on the fly and game to game in a long series. I do believe this team has the talent for a nice playoff run, I just hope the staff is ready for playoff basketball. Let's go Pels!
    Which part of their style bothers you? The excellent scoring, or the much improved D!? �� I do agree that we have the talent for a nice playoff run.

I took a nap, ready to get this W

JUST HEARD BOOGIE IS THERE

Gayle Benson sure is shes proud of her boys

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    That can't be correct, I heard that chick say that on the pregame, however he isn't cleared to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post

Minutes away and I am so pumped up it's crazy

The radio production music intro is ominous

I'm so glad that FSNO us still broadcasting this series. Joel and David are so much better to listen to than ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm so glad that FSNO us still broadcasting this series. Joel and David are so much better to listen to than ESPN.
    Joel and David saved my life and cured my woes. I thought I'd have to rely on the ESPN feed or something and was resigned to it, but no. The best crew in basketball is here.

I'm hoping AD really takes this as his chance to get the respect he deserves. He just needs to detonate.

Jeeebus I'm nervously excited

I'm excited for this! I'm soooooo looking forward to Rondo to turn it up.

I'd like to say these clips of Kyle Kuzma before our first playoff game in years are appreciated, but I honestly couldn't care less about the Lakers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Joel and David saved my life and cured my woes. I thought I'd have to rely on the ESPN feed or something and was resigned to it, but no. The best crew in basketball is here.
    How did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How did you get it?
    I just bit the bullet and bought the game from the NBA app. Sucks but I couldn't take the prospect of being unable to find a stream for a playoff game.

Lillard will be impressed by the Pelicans and will want to join. I hope he'd except being the 6th man.

DAVIS, BABY!!!

Thread Information