Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Now we have an idea about Davis trade. What about the 1st round picks?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I demean everyone that doesn’t like RJ over Ja? No I simply stated that Ja isn’t on some level above RJ and they are equal prospects. Go on another rambling tirade and argue with yourself.. making less and less sense as you go..
    You have the schtick down pat, I'll give you that.
    You belittle people, get called out, then blame others. If that doesn't work, you use Step 2- make the persons statement seem inconsequential.
    You are good at it, but being a bit too redundant makes you obvious.
    You're not worth my air. Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    That is part of what you said. You also said that it's obvious that people on this forum that like Ja over RJ do not watch enough film.
    C'mon dude, your getting a bit insincere .
    Never said people don’t watch film. Simply said people must not be watching this kid if they think there is a fall off from the 2nd to 3rd pick. Never said that nobody was watching their games and blah blah as you like to put words in others mouth to fit whatever attack you are on. Stop getting so in your feelings over nothing. Whew..

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You have the schtick down pat, I'll give you that.
    You belittle people, get called out, then blame others. If that doesn't work, you use Step 2- make the persons statement seem inconsequential.
    You are good at it, but being a bit too redundant makes you obvious.
    You're not worth my air. Godspeed.
    Not worth your air yet you come posting towards me when I never said a thing to you. Not worth your air? Now you are posting 3 times in a row at me and using the same one twice.. tell me where I belittled anyone and blamed anybody? Lol keep playing victim and getting in your feelings taking everything personal. Chill out
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-13-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Never said people don’t watch film. Simply said people must not be watching this kid if they think there is a fall off from the 2nd to 3rd pick. Never said that nobody was watching their games and blah blah as you like to put words in others mouth to fit whatever attack you are on. Stop getting so in your feelings over nothing. Whew..
    Hey Hey, the semantic word Salad . Step 3. Good Good . Good Bye. Ignored.

Never said people don’t watch film. Simply said people must not be watching this kid
    That is one QUICK contradiction.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Mind Boggling

More of a figure of speech if that’s the right words i’m looking for. To say Ja is on a different level as a prospect going into the draft just simply isn’t true. Having the opinion he is better and will be better sure go ahead. I think he might be better and believe not much separates the 2. One being in his 2nd year needs to be taken into consideration as well. Saying people must not be watching him isn’t literal but more of what are they missing that I’m not and what just about all of the basketball experts think on this. Just to be clear to the rest of the board.. I was stating Tinman watches no film!

I wonder if those scouts and GMs who have Morant as the 2nd pick also don't watch him to have him over Barrett...

That said, I ginuinely have no dog in this fight. I've seen more of Barrett than Morant but I also don't care about either. It makes the draft more fun that way. Only guy outside of Zion I care about is Bol-Bol since I jumped on that hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I wonder if those scouts and GMs who have Morant as the 2nd pick also don't watch him to have him over Barrett...

That said, I ginuinely have no dog in this fight. I've seen more of Barrett than Morant but I also don't care about either. It makes the draft more fun that way. Only guy outside of Zion I care about is Bol-Bol since I jumped on that hype train.
    I think that this draft is going to have more low-draft-surprises than it is big-name-lottery guys.

Obviously I could be wrong, but outside of Zion and Culver, there isn't anyone predicted to go in the top 6 by tankathon that have me SUPER impressed. Hunter looks good but I don't think he's a superstar. Sekou Doumbouya looks alright. Coby White is unimpressive.

But Clarke, predicted 10th by Tankathon, Bol Bol (predicted 13th), Hachimura (predicted 21st), they're names I'm going to keep an eye on. I'm willing to be there'll be a surprise or too as well.

Never said there was anything wrong with having Ja as the 2nd pick. What is wrong is acting like the 2nd pick is in a different category then the 3rd as if Ja is on some different level as a prospect. Have not seen one single basketball expert say this just a knucklehead or 2 that see some SC highlights. I have clearly said I would even possibly take Ja for us with the 2nd pick. You don’t have to care but I do along with many others as it’s very possibly we get one of these guys.

Never said there was anything wrong with having Ja as the 2nd pick. What is wrong is acting like the 2nd pick is in a different category then the 3rd as if Ja is on some different level as a prospect. Have not seen one single basketball expert say this just a knucklehead or 2 that see some SC highlights. I have clearly said I would even possibly take Ja for us with the 2nd pick. You don’t have to care but I do along with many others as it’s very possibly we get one of these guys.
    My dude you got to untwist your undies. I was just joking around. That's the entire point of me saying at the end that I really got no dog in this fight.

I think that this draft is going to have more low-draft-surprises than it is big-name-lottery guys.

Obviously I could be wrong, but outside of Zion and Culver, there isn't anyone predicted to go in the top 6 by tankathon that have me SUPER impressed. Hunter looks good but I don't think he's a superstar. Sekou Doumbouya looks alright. Coby White is unimpressive.

But Clarke, predicted 10th by Tankathon, Bol Bol (predicted 13th), Hachimura (predicted 21st), they're names I'm going to keep an eye on. I'm willing to be there'll be a surprise or too as well.
    I just don’t see how so many have BolBol ranked so low like 13. He is a 7’2 Center averaging 20 and 10 while shooting 56% FG along with a ridiculous 52% from 3pt as a freshman!! I think once the combine comes around and he adds a little more weight he’s gonna jump up some of these boards beings picked around the range of where our pick is currently. I personally would take him in the top 5 and think he is every bit as good of a prospect as RJ and Ja are. I really hope these mock drafts are right giving us the chance to snag him.

My dude you got to untwist your undies. I was just joking around. That's the entire point of me saying at the end that I really got no dog in this fight.

Lol I love how me simply replying to anyone means I have to untwist my undies or some other nonsense. Your the one making some smart *** comment but follow it up as you have no dog in this fight haha. Yet you insert yourself right into it.. God forbid I reply to anybody around here. Only salty ones here seem to be you and tinman taking a simple statement a little to seriously..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-14-2019 at 01:35 AM.

I just don’t see how so many have BolBol ranked so low like 13. He is a 7’2 Center averaging 20 and 10 while shooting 56% FG along with a ridiculous 52% from 3pt as a freshman!! I think once the combine comes around and he adds a little more weight he’s gonna jump up some of these boards beings picked around the range of where our pick is currently. I personally would take him in the top 5 and think he is every bit as good of a prospect as RJ and Ja are. I really hope these mock drafts are right giving us the chance to snag him.
    He got injured pretty severely fairly early on. As a result, he didn't play many games at all so weaknesses in his game didn't have time to be exposed. We also don't know how well he's going to come back from the injury.

Obviously I agree with you that he's worth the risk based on those positive factors you listed, as well as the fact that he also moves well in space and is a very natural rim protector, but there are good reasons that people are skeptical about him.

He got injured pretty severely fairly early on. As a result, he didn't play many games at all so weaknesses in his game didn't have time to be exposed. We also don't know how well he's going to come back from the injury.

Obviously I agree with you that he's worth the risk based on those positive factors you listed, as well as the fact that he also moves well in space and is a very natural rim protector, but there are good reasons that people are skeptical about him.
    Yea I didn’t really take into consideration his 9 game sample size. Watching his highlights it sure looks like he played a full season. Once scouts and GMs get to see him workout and run him through some drills he will rise up the board. Not a very deep draft for bigs and he clearly has the most potential which kind of worries me somebody will take the risk. He touch us as good as I have ever seen from any big over 7’. Just adding weight and strength is going to take his game to another level. I’m gonna be disappointed if he’s there and we don’t take him. Say we get Tatum and Brown it would seem that Center would be our biggest need as we only have Okafor. Good chance we will be taking a long look at him.

I know some of you guys are on the Bol² hype train.....I just can't. The intangibles sound great but I am all in on guys who stay healthy. Dell was a good GM totally derailed by injuries. Let's get some sturdybois until the Archcardinal can exorcise some bad joojoo.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I know some of you guys are on the Bol² hype train.....I just can't. The intangibles sound great but I am all in on guys who stay healthy. Dell was a good GM totally derailed by injuries. Let's get some sturdybois until the Archcardinal can exorcise some bad joojoo.
    I completely disagree in this case, but I can't argue because this comment is too funny to criticise.

Lol I love how me simply replying to anyone means I have to untwist my undies or some other nonsense. Your the one making some smart *** comment but follow it up as you have no dog in this fight haha. Yet you insert yourself right into it.. God forbid I reply to anybody around here. Only salty ones here seem to be you and tinman taking a simple statement a little to seriously..
    Isn't it ironic you accuse me of "taking a simple statement a little too seriously" when I'm literally saying I'm just joking with you and you don't need to take the joke seriously.

There is 0% reason for you to be defensive with me because I'm not even challenging any of your opinions here. I was joking. You do know what a joke is right?

The Franchise
    I like Ja better than RJ. Ja’s offense is good and I love the passing numbers. His defense maybe bad but working with Jrue I’m sure we could get it respectable. RJ just seems like a high usage chucker which to me should only be point guard guys.

As for Bol, he puts up good numbers but if he can’t stay healthy banging for 30+ games in college, how do you think he’ll do in 80+ games against bigger stronger competition? For me to draft an injury prone player, he has to really be special and personally bigs are a dime a dozen. Unless you get Davis or Embiid type of player, I’ll stick with Niko, favors, Okafor type of players.

I think in the case of Bol you are drafting him for what he will be in 3 years not what he will be next year.

We won't know how good he will be until he fills out that frame. However if we end up with the 13th or so pick in a trade, I'd snach him up. His offensive game is already well ahead of most bigs in the league.

I think in the case of Bol you are drafting him for what he will be in 3 years not what he will be next year.

We won't know how good he will be until he fills out that frame. However if we end up with the 13th or so pick in a trade, I'd snach him up. His offensive game is already well ahead of most bigs in the league.
    We have Jah on the books as well, so it’s the perfect opportunity to introduce him slowly. We can afford to take a gamble or two here with the AD trade bringing talent in one form or another.

Exactly. The reason I'm not too concerned about the foot injury is basically his youth and how good he was when playing.

Injuries are always a worry, sure, but players are injury prone until they aren't. Jrue was injured a lot for a while, now he isn't. Joel Embiid was always injured, until he wasn't. If Bol was 28, maybe I'd accept the risk, but he's 18: injuries tend to be a little less permanent when you're young, and even if it changes his game a little, he's got years and years to make those adjustments.

True. To me he's just worth the risk. When you are picking outside of the top 5/6 most of the time you are picking between flawed players that you hope to develop.

Bol Bol already has a developed offensive game. With him what you are doing is basically trying to develop his body into being able to withstand the NBA game. Even AD had to go through this. Bigs just take time.

True. To me he's just worth the risk. When you are picking outside of the top 5/6 most of the time you are picking between flawed players that you hope to develop.

Bol Bol already has a developed offensive game. With him what you are doing is basically trying to develop his body into being able to withstand the NBA game. Even AD had to go through this. Bigs just take time.
    People forget this vital piece of information so much. The fact is, Bol Bol is 18 years old. I believe (though I could be wrong) he'll still be 18 when he starts next season, and will only turn 19 midway through the season. He is young, young. Not just young, but extremely so. He weighs 220lbs at 7'2. If you have huge doubts about him, imagine him at 21 years old, maybe 250lbs at 7'2, and imagine if any of the problems you have with him now are still there then.

I'd imagine many of them would be gone, or at least diminished.

People forget this vital piece of information so much. The fact is, Bol Bol is 18 years old. I believe (though I could be wrong) he'll still be 18 when he starts next season, and will only turn 19 midway through the season. He is young, young. Not just young, but extremely so. He weighs 220lbs at 7'2. If you have huge doubts about him, imagine him at 21 years old, maybe 250lbs at 7'2, and imagine if any of the problems you have with him now are still there then.

I'd imagine many of them would be gone, or at least diminished.
    A lot of the big men these days aren’t the big bruisers of years past either. There is always the opportunity to bring in a grock if need be to deal with the bigger boys. Plenty of time to get bigger and prepare his body. Would have probably been top 5 had he stayed healthy, so the talent is there

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    A lot of the big men these days aren’t the big bruisers of years past either. There is always the opportunity to bring in a grock if need be to deal with the bigger boys. Plenty of time to get bigger and prepare his body. Would have probably been top 5 had he stayed healthy, so the talent is there
    That's true. Historically if you had a guy who was 7'2, you'd probably want him around 280lbs, possibly more depending on their frame: Boban is something like that, I think.

In today's game though, 250 is probably perfectly fine, especially for a guy with the three point range Bol has. His shot looked really good in college, and he was shooting it from comfortably behind the college line. If we need a big, bulky guy to mess someone up on the low post, that's why we have Okafor.

Honestly, at this point I think I pick Bol wherever we fall, as long as it's outside the top 4.

#1 priority is Zion. If we can't get him, Culver. If we can't get him, just take Bol.

Thread Information