Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Playoffs thread

GS Better without Cousins. Boy Cousins stock is falling really fast now.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    GS Better without Cousins. Boy Cousins stock is falling really fast now.
    They've been better without Cousins all season. Well, the part of the season he played in anyway.
    Basketball.

3 games is obviously such a small sample size, but:

Jayson Tatum 2019 Playoff Stats So Far

19.7ppg
    4.7rpg
    1.3apg
    1.3spg
    0.3bpg

53.2% FG
    58.3% 3pt (4 attempts per game)
    +10 Net Rating (93 DRTG... jeez)

Jaylen Brown was outstanding last night on both ends. He can score; he's just getting a lot less attempts on this roster. Nine players took more shots than him last night, but he was the game's high scorer. Plus he really took Bogdanovic out of his comfort zone.
    Last edited by Gant-; 04-20-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Jaylen Brown was outstanding last night on both ends. He can score; he's just getting a lot less attempts on this roster. Nine players took more shots than him last night, but he was the game's high scorer. Plus he really took Bogdanovic out of his comfort zone.
    We have some that want to keep Davis now.

What y’all thought of the Sixers fight today?

What I wouldn’t give to have Snyder coaching here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Austin Rivers is going to Austin Rivers.

What a putz.

What y’all thought of the Sixers fight today?
    Not super impressed. It's the Nets.

The Nets have done a fantastic job by being a playoff team, and some of their guys have overperformed by a lot. But there's a reason a lot of people were surprised by how well they did in the regular season: they're not that well constructed. They're a pretty young team (Russell is 22, Allen is 20, Dinwiddie is 25, Hollis-Jefferson is 24, LeVert is 24) and this is their first time in the playoffs. They have vets in Demarre Carroll and Jared Dudley, but they both play the same position, and they have no vets outside of that. They only have 2 centres, and as much as I like Ed Davis, he's not exactly versatile. Allen is too young to contend with Embiid.

I like the Nets, they're fun to watch, I'm happy for their fans that they finally had another winning season, and the FO there has done a great job of rebuilding with zero assets. They're just overmatched, that's all.

If anything, the Sixers have already disappointed by not getting a sweep here.

The 76ers are hella cocky for a team that is going to get swept in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The 76ers are hella cocky for a team that is going to get swept in the 2nd round.
    By the Raptors? Toronto will find way to choke.

If their big 2 was still DeRozan and Lowry, I'd agree.

Fortunately for Toronto fans, their man guys are Kawhi Leonard and Pascal Siakam now, and they'll have the best player in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post
    Yea he was a flat out beast on both ends last night. Adding a developing Brown and Tatum next to Holiday could be something very special. I think Tatum and Brown both will have everything start to click next season and take their games to another level. Tatum here will be a 22-25 ppg scorer with Brown around 17-20 ppg and both playing very good defense. All of our focus could then go to our bigs finding the right group of guys. Tatum comparison Melo/Butler/PG13.. Brown comparison Derozan/Iggy.. Make it happen Griff!!

Miles Turner just put Gordon Hayward in a bodybag, jeeeeeeezus

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Miles Turner just put Gordon Hayward in a bodybag, jeeeeeeezus
    Send Davis to Pacers now for Turner & draft picks?

If the Raptors don’t sweep the 76ers then they will end it in 5. Philly is hella stupid, and are being played close by the Nets...a team that backed into the playoffs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    What I wouldn’t give to have Snyder coaching here.
    Monty with the good hair

If the Raptors don’t sweep the 76ers then they will end it in 5. Philly is hella stupid, and are being played close by the Nets...a team that backed into the playoffs.
    Sixers filled with really unlikable players, so I'm happy that I think you're right.

Simmons seems okay, but Embiid and Butler are just total asterisks.

Sixers filled with really unlikable players, so I'm happy that I think you're right.

Simmons seems okay, but Embiid and Butler are just total asterisks.
    Now he is an asterisk? Some wanted to trade for him a couple of months ago.

Now he is an asterisk? Some wanted to trade for him a couple of months ago.
    He's a great player, and during his Bulls days I wouldn't have said anything. But in his time with Minnesota and his subsequent time in Philly, he seems like a really unpleasant dude. Obviously I could be wrong, I've never met him, it's just the image he projects right now that didn't seem so bad a few years ago.

Great player, this has nothing to do with his play. Just his current public persona.

He's a great player, and during his Bulls days I wouldn't have said anything. But in his time with Minnesota and his subsequent time in Philly, he seems like a really unpleasant dude. Obviously I could be wrong, I've never met him, it's just the image he projects right now that didn't seem so bad a few years ago.

Great player, this has nothing to do with his play. Just his current public persona.
    Fish has been reading your posts

Shout out to Aminu! R.I.P. YHT

I’m really excited to see the Raptors vs Bucks. It’s going to happen.

I’m really excited to see the Raptors vs Bucks. It’s going to happen.
    Here’s to a Bucks vs Blazers finals.

Thread Information