Pelicans Report

Thread: AD Has Lost This Team...

Rant AD Has Lost This Team...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/disgrun...160055006.html

So AD rips the team after a humiliating loss. He demands a trade because he wants a "legacy" over $$$. Does he not realize this IS his legacy? Don't get me wrong, AD is a rare talent but too many outside influencers are taking a toll on his professional character. His legacy is now tarnished no matter what he continues to do in his career.

Do fans have a right to boo? Hell yes they do! Do players have the right to NOT play up to speed? Hell yes they do! Remember, AD quit on them first.

It blows me away that AD is upset because the team is failing on him. HE DID THIS TO THE TEAM! It was his decision to do what he has done and there is no going back now.

Best Case Scenario (for both parties): AD needs to bench himself never donning a Pelicans uniform again.

before all of this crap I hoped he went on to have an even better career but now? I hope he never sniffs the finals or if he does he goes out in epic fashion and he continues to have his dumb ****** injuries. honestly just hope his career turns to ********.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    before all of this crap I hoped he went on to have an even better career but now? I hope he never sniffs the finals or if he does he goes out in epic fashion and he continues to have his dumb ****** injuries. honestly just hope his career turns to ********.

I feel the same way. It is clear, by his attitude, that there are some bad folks behind the scenes giving him bad advice.

IMHO...I hope the Pels get a high draft pick, get Tatum in trading AD to the Celtics and win a championship before AD. I know that requires a lot of pieces to fall exactly into place, but it has happened before.

Best case scenario?

Pels draft pick jumps up to #1 in an incredibly unlikely run of luck. Celtics then proceed to trade us Tatum, Brown, Smart, the Sac pick and the Memphis pick in exchange for AD and Solo. We draft Zion, Jrue stays.

Roll out

Smart
    Jrue
    Brown
    Tatum
    Zion

As an ultimate small-ball team.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/disgrun...160055006.html

So AD rips the team after a humiliating loss. He demands a trade because he wants a "legacy" over $$$. Does he not realize this IS his legacy? Don't get me wrong, AD is a rare talent but too many outside influencers are taking a toll on his professional character. His legacy is now tarnished no matter what he continues to do in his career.

Do fans have a right to boo? Hell yes they do! Do players have the right to NOT play up to speed? Hell yes they do! Remember, AD quit on them first.

It blows me away that AD is upset because the team is failing on him. HE DID THIS TO THE TEAM! It was his decision to do what he has done and there is no going back now.

Best Case Scenario (for both parties): AD needs to bench himself never donning a Pelicans uniform again.
    He lost the team and my respect when he said he needed to play perfect for this team to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Best case scenario?

Pels draft pick jumps up to #1 in an incredibly unlikely run of luck. Celtics then proceed to trade us Tatum, Brown, Smart, the Sac pick and the Memphis pick in exchange for AD and Solo. We draft Zion, Jrue stays.

Roll out

Smart
    Jrue
    Brown
    Tatum
    Zion

YES! Could not have said it better myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Best case scenario?

Roll out

Smart
    Jrue
    Brown
    Tatum
    Zion

I'd jizz my pants

Can you really blame them Anthony Doofus? You are taking minutes away from people that want to be here. Maybe this is all his master plan to lead the tank. I can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Can you really blame them Anthony Doofus? You are taking minutes away from people that want to be here. Maybe this is all his master plan to lead the tank. I can only hope
    This is a great point. I am sitting here trying to think of any scenario this could possibly help him and I got nothing. He cannot be traded (yet). He is making it awkward with the team and organization to the point they are beginning to despise him. What gives? Why? What is he trying to force by doing this?

Jesus tap-dancing Christ he is destroying his "legacy."

This is a great point. I am sitting here trying to think of any scenario this could possibly help him and I got nothing. He cannot be traded (yet). He is making it awkward with the team and organization to the point they are beginning to despise him. What gives? Why? What is he trying to force by doing this?

Maybe he wants to ensure he gets traded this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ensured.

He can't be THAT naïve.....can he? Of COURSE he will be traded! HA ha ha ha ha ha

He can't be THAT naïve.....can he? Of COURSE he will be traded! HA ha ha ha ha ha
    Will he? If the Pels get low offers their only card they can play is "we will keep him and play him into next season then trade him at the deadline."

If AD burns everything to the ground that becomes harder.

Will he? If the Pels get low offers their only card they can play is "we will keep him and play him into next season then trade him at the deadline."

Yes, that is a possibility but I think there will be suitors and the Pels will get value in return.

Yes, that is a possibility but I think there will be suitors and the Pels will get value in return.
    I agree.

Well, if we're trying to tank it might be better to keep him around. LOL

Someone on one of those sports talk shows said the staff COULD want ad to change his mind and extend this summer. that bridge has burned down to ashes. The staff tried to tell him not to sign with clutch because they know where this was headed. There’s no way he could extend now. I’m just glad we didn’t cave in to LA.

I think it gives him cover to play in the AS game.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Someone on one of those sports talk shows said the staff COULD want ad to change his mind and extend this summer. that bridge has burned down to ashes. The staff tried to tell him not to sign with clutch because they know where this was headed. There’s no way he could extend now. I’m just glad we didn’t cave in to LA.
    I agree that it's damn near impossible to see any scenario where he stays. Only possibility would be hiring someone like Calipari to be GM as well as head coach. That would make him at least have to consider it.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    I agree that it's damn near impossible to see any scenario where he stays. Only possibility would be hiring someone like Calipari to be GM as well as head coach. That would make him at least have to consider it.
    Yeah but that assumes we would want him to stay.

As much as I love him as a player, and I think that when he's firing on all cylinders, AD is the single best player in the league today, there has to be something said for dignity. He's an incredible talent, but it's not like we've been massively successful with him, so it's not like he can leverage a massive amount of success to make us want to keep him given all he's done for us. In my view, if he decides he wants to stay, you sign him to the supermax and then trade him off anyway, using his newly expanded contract as a value-giving asset.

Thread Information