Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Per Wojo:Lakers trying to add Suns' Trevor Ariza in three-way trade

Ive decided to modify my trade idea, slightly. Still with Bulls, still Lopez and Holiday, but now add Kris Dunn. We still send Wes and Solo, add Diallo and our first rd pick now. We can throw in Clark if they want him.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroFire View Post
    That won’t keep Davis here long term. Getting John Wall and bringing Cousins back in offseason (As much as you hate the idea) would keep Davis happy.
    We should also bring back CP3 and Tyson Chandler. Maybe give David West a call and see what he's doing as well.

Do you think Jamal Mashburn would take a minimum deal?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    We should also bring back CP3 and Tyson Chandler. Maybe give David West a call and see what he's doing as well.

Seems to be working out for Tim Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post

Not Mash, but Peja and Jannero Pargo probably would and Mo Pete has pen in hand!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

What do the Rockets have to offer us since they are looking to make moves? I’ll gladly take CP3 back for Hill and Holiday in a trade since y’all don’t want John Wall.

The object is to get better so Davis won’t leave.

What do the Rockets have to offer us since they are looking to make moves? I’ll gladly take CP3 back for Hill and Holiday in a trade since y’all don’t want John Wall.

Paying John Wall or Chris Paul $40M/year versus paying Jrue who is likely the better player at this point $25M/year does not make us better. AD never played with John Wall, they're not like best friends or something. He's likely closer with Jrue. CP3 is old and on the decline and could be worth less than half his contract in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Paying John Wall or Chris Paul $40M/year versus paying Jrue who is likely the better player at this point $25M/year does not make us better. AD never played with John Wall, they're not like best friends or something. He's likely closer with Jrue. CP3 is old and on the decline and could be worth less than half his contract in 2 years
    Agree CP3 might be starting a decline. The reason why I brought Cousins up is that Kerr has already admitted they can’t afford to re-sign. Cousins is probably humbled right now. Not supposed to return to GS till March. In hindsight if this was a strategy move by Demps and Loomis it may have paid off. I do think Davis wants Cousins back.

Agree CP3 might be starting a decline. The reason why I brought Cousins up is that Kerr has already admitted they can’t afford to re-sign. Cousins is probably humbled right now. Not supposed to return to GS till March. In hindsight if this was a strategy move by Demps and Loomis it may have paid off. I do think Davis wants Cousins back.
    Unless Cousins would come back for the MLE, there's no possible way for us to get him back.

Why are you so in love with overpaid guards?

Give up Jrue in his prime on a great contract for an over the hill, overpaid CP3? No thanks.

We don't need Cousins, any defensive proven big, such as Robin Lopez, next to AD and/or JR gets the job done

This is probably the worst trade idea I've ever seen. CP3 is quickly declining as we speak and is injury prone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I concur

Robin Lopez is not going to save us. Didn’t we have one of the Lopez brothers on our team already? I’m looking to build superteam around Davis to keep Davis here not some guy that plays with the mascot before the game.

Robin Lopez is not going to save us. Didn’t we have one of the Lopez brothers on our team already? I’m looking to build superteam around Davis to keep Davis here not some guy that plays with the mascot before the game.
    The people here have been trying to educate you as to why or why not things make sense, or don't. It is obvious that you are unable to comprehend due to your either inexperience, youth, or just plain arrogance. Cousins returning here would only happen if AD made a condition of his staying, Even then Mrs. Benson thru ML would probably say no way. The team offered him 40 mil to stay and get healthy. Even offered to trade him if he felt he could do better elsewhere. He screwed us over and if TB were alive and Davis made such a demand he would be gone too. So feel free to make all the comments you like, I'm too old to waste my time on this. You see, over 90 percent of the people here have already forgotten more about this game then you will ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    The people here have been trying to educate you as to why or why not things make sense, or don't. It is obvious that you are unable to comprehend due to your either inexperience, youth, or just plain arrogance. Cousins returning here would only happen if AD made a condition of his staying, Even then Mrs. Benson thru ML would probably say no way. The team offered him 40 mil to stay and get healthy. Even offered to trade him if he felt he could do better elsewhere. He screwed us over and if TB were alive and Davis made such a demand he would be gone too. So feel free to make all the comments you like, I'm too old to waste my time on this. You see, over 90 percent of the people here have already forgotten more about this game then you will ever know.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...elicans-season

Such talk from Davis about Cousins again joining him with the Pelicans could also be good news about the five-time All-Star's future in the coming years in New Orleans.
    Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry offered strong respect for a still-injured Cousins before New Orleans' loss to the Warriors on Wednesday, and Cousins has said that he was fond of Gentry.

Davis, Gentry and Cousins had an animated discussion after the Pelicans' loss to the Warriors that Gentry said was just old friends laughing and trash-talking.

"I think the world of him," Gentry said. "I think he is the best player at his position in the league."
    know the situation [Cousins] was in. He had to make a business move for him and his family. He had to do what was best for his career. You can't do nothing but respect it."

Shortly after, Cousins said he and Davis talked honestly about it all.

"I had a heart-to-heart talk with him after everything went down and he knows where I stand," Cousins said. "He knows I'm not the person to ever blow smoke or lie on a situation. With our time together, I'm sure he can validate that."
    Seems like the only person that got feelings hurt is Demps. Loomis will tell him to get over it and make the deal to bring him back even if we have to cut back on Niko.
    Last edited by AstroFire; 12-16-2018 at 10:21 AM.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...elicans-season

Seems like the only person that got feelings hurt is Demps. Loomis will tell him to get over it and make the deal to bring him back even if we have to cut back on Niko.
    No Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    No Comment
    How much was ML willing to pay to get Jimmy Graham(Who has a big mouth too)back over the summer. Yeah I know it is Saints related but Loomis does not hold grudges. Give Davis what he wants and he stays. Treat AD like the Cavs and Lakers treat Lebron. It is not impossible for Cousins to return. If that is what Davis wants make it happen.
    Last edited by AstroFire; 12-16-2018 at 11:26 AM.

How much was ML willing to pay to get Jimmy Graham(Who has a big mouth too)back over the summer. Yeah I know it is Saints related but Loomis does not hold grudges. Give Davis what he wants and he stays. Treat AD like the Cavs and Lakers treat Lebron. It is not impossible for Cousins to return. If that is what Davis wants make it happen.
    That's not how the NBA cap work.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I believe AstroFire is still in the FANDOM chamber. As far as intricacies, remedial he remains.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    BTW- Did you see any of the games last night? Big night for Pels.
    The odds of Orlando beating Utah--- Bulls coming back from 20 down AT Spurs & Suns beating T-Wolves on same night had to be ASTRONOMICAL.
    If Pels win today, attrition amongst other teams through Wednesday will be very good for the Pels.

Basketball Guru
    astrofire is driving yall on here lol...do yall not know this poster is formerly know as 4real?...different name same MO...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    astrofire is driving yall on here lol...do yall not know this poster is formerly know as 4real?...different name same MO...lol
    Probably so. I thought for a bit he was Guru with all the trade idea posts. But Guru at least made attempts to make his trade ideas work within the structure of the CBA.

Probably so. I thought for a bit he was Guru with all the trade idea posts. But Guru at least made attempts to make his trade ideas work within the structure of the CBA.
    Well as long as I’m not compared to McNamara wait a minute, Am I...
    Last edited by AstroFire; 12-16-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    maybe it's champ

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Deflect deflect deflect guys? How many posters this forum have anyway . I’ll tell you 54

Last in the NBA forums. I’m thinking about starting my own Pelicans forums with a company that affiliates with other NBA forums. Thanks for your help.

Now back to the point I just speaking the truth. I gave you an ESPN source. My guess is that you have very bad denial or simply accept mediocrity. That is your problem not mine.

MM

Thread Information