Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Lottery Thread

I honestly like that reaction from Stephen A. Probably the worst outcome for them because now they have no leverage for Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I honestly like that reaction from Stephen A. Probably the worst outcome for them because now they have no leverage for Anthony.
    ''They were thinking about trading the Number one pick for Anthony Davis. They were at LEAST thinkin' about it! Then New Orleans got the first pick! NOW THEY GOT BOTH GUYS!!!!!''

He sounds so distraught. Someone needs to check on him.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Grow up.
    Hahaha! Could have told you the same when I thought people were over reacting to “tanking” getting criticized mostly by you. Turns out I was right all along!

The media is going to try and turn this kid against us.. I already see it coming!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Honestly don't think Zion will be as big a diva as to do that. Listening to his interviews over the last six months, he's seemed pretty mature, fairly intelligent, and has said multiple times that he's willing to play for whoever drafts him. Obviously if we screw things up and in 5 years he's never been to the playoffs, maybe he'll want to leave, but I feel like he'll give us a chance.
    I get it. I got that vibe from him too. But Spears said he was "favoring New York." The Knicks are the most dysfunctional franchise this decade. I understand there's an allure to playing in the Garden, but there's nothing special for playing for a team run by idiots. There will most certainly be a way they screw up this free agency as well.

Like I remember when Jahlil Okafor was a top prospect and everyone thought he was going to the Lakers. When he got picked by Philly, it was reported that he threw a hissy fit. So we're doing the league a disservice by getting these kids expectations up so quickly. It's not fair to any of the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The media is going to try and turn this kid against us.. I already see it coming!
    I wouldn't sweat it. This organization is being rebuilt from the bottom up, and before tonight's win we were already light years ahead of the previous regime.
    Jrue dat

I still can’t believe what I just saw!! YES!!

ZION!! Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I get it. I got that vibe from him too. But Spears said he was "favoring New York." The Knicks are the most dysfunctional franchise this decade. I understand there's an allure to playing in the Garden, but there's nothing special for playing for a team run by idiots. There will most certainly be a way they screw up this free agency as well.

Like I remember when Jahlil Okafor was a top prospect and everyone thought he was going to the Lakers. When he got picked by Philly, it was reported that he threw a hissy fit. So we're doing the league a disservice by getting these kids expectations up so quickly. It's not fair to any of the other teams.
    If any college kid wants to play in the Garden that bad, they can go play for a mid-major and get to the NIT Final Four. Or, is there a college team that plays games in the Garden? Fordham? Manhattan? St. Johns? I don't know, honestly asking.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

I agree, the level of media attention and hype warps grown adults into being idiots. It's hard to imagine the impact it can have on a 17, 18, 19 year old. That said, I'm not worried: I don't think Zion will be so pathetic, and he'll at least give us that chance before moving on. Just puts the pressure on us to succeed because if we replicate the AD era with Zion, I won't be able to blame him for wanting out.

We need to ignore the media right now. Don't let them spoil the fact that we won the lottery with this toxicity less than 2 hours after won.

I agree, the level of media attention and hype warps grown adults into being idiots. It's hard to imagine the impact it can have on a 17, 18, 19 year old. That said, I'm not worried: I don't think Zion will be so pathetic, and he'll at least give us that chance before moving on. Just puts the pressure on us to succeed because if we replicate the AD era with Zion, I won't be able to blame him for wanting out.

We need to ignore the media right now. Don't let them spoil the fact that we won the lottery with this toxicity less than 2 hours after won.
    Great post

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Spears is such a drama queen, this was part of the procedure. He came back to do ESPN interview.

Lakers and Knicks will get in a bidding war for AD. Who's up for R.J. Barrett at the 3rd spot and whoever else they throw at us? Three Kola back as well? I don't pretend to know what I am talking about just jibbering away with excitement.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I think if Zion has any doubt David Griffin can convince him to want to play here.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

we sitteth on mount zion, he rule all creation ev'where - we jammin!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    who cares. i'll worry about that in 7 years. he's here now, and it's up to us to build a winner around him. we failed the first time and - unbelievably - we were just given a second chance.

I’m happy but screw this media and their outtakes on Zion in the city
    I'm a grinder

Mitch Robinson / Zion / Knox / Jrue / DSJ

or

Okafor / Zion / Tatum / Jrue / Smart

Which is better?

Still in shock. NY, L.A. and us all in the top 4 with us winning it and them being shutout of the top 2. Fun time to be a Pels fan...

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I’m happy but screw this media and their outtakes on Zion in the city
    It just way the media is. You may remember they did this to the Spurs calling them a boring Finals team. They said the same thing about Reggie Bush coming here for Saints.

Is this really happend? OMG! #1 pick # Zion - don't wake Me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Is this really happend? OMG! #1 pick # Zion - don't wake Me up!
    ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Alvin's reaction.

Just standing, arms wide, and walking around the room in silence for three seconds before dropping the F yeah!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Alvin's reaction.

Just standing, arms wide, and walking around the room in silence for three seconds before dropping the F yeah!
    I may think he's an average coach. But that man a legend regardless.

Thread Information