Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone Else Starting To Get Hyped About Jax?

I have never seen a player get away from the things they get comfortable with. Matter of fact, it's hard to break them of certain habits after a certain amount of time. And like I said, Jax is an open canvas right now. There are a lot of things he can potentially do well. He can work on them ALL together as the player he eventually wants to be. None of these things are mutually exclusive. NBA players have lots of free time on their hands.

So you don't pick the things you think he does well this early and limit him to just those things. EVERYTHING needs practice now.

Just like I said if Diallo wanted to stick around in this league, with his profile, he'll probably need to develop a handle. That is something extremely difficult to pick up after you've made it to the NBA, so it was going to be a tall order. So he needed to be working on that right away. I dont think he ever did. Which is why Diallo is out of the league now despite him trying to concentrate on the things he was comfortable with.

So if Jax is going to expand his game, the time to start is NOW still very early in his career. Not later.

And if you watch the post game, his demeanor suggests he'd rather Jax not expanding anything right now. Seemed perturbed at the question. Didnt say anything positive about Jax doing those expanded things on offense lately.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-16-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Any time you work on X, you are also actively not working on Y. Of course you can spend time working on many things and get a little better in many things, but he is not good at any one thing right now, so why should he do that? I am a much bigger believer, in every sport, of mastering things and then adding after those things are second nature than trying to add a little bit of a lot of things when you have no solid foundation. And I dont think thats old school. I would bet most trainers, coaches, etc would believe in that
    @mcnamara247

Prayers

This is not good

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Any time you work on X, you are also actively not working on Y. Of course you can spend time working on many things and get a little better in many things, but he is not good at any one thing right now, so why should he do that? I am a much bigger believer, in every sport, of mastering things and then adding after those things are second nature than trying to add a little bit of a lot of things when you have no solid foundation. And I dont think thats old school. I would bet most trainers, coaches, etc would believe in that
    You can't spend all your mental and physical energy on one concept all of the time. He can easily work on multiple things at once. It's beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You can't spend all your mental and physical energy on one concept all of the time. He can easily work on multiple things at once. It's beneficial
    He has like 8 things to work on before we even get to his jumper. I want him to work on multiple things - the things he does at a 5 or 6. I am saying not to waste time on the raw things. Screen setting, gain muscle, defensive positioning and boxing out, perimeter defense, post defense, film study, little baby hooks and floaters around the basket, etc. A ton of things to become what SVG wants him to be first. Then, if he wants to expand his game after he is awesome at those things...cool
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 05-16-2021 at 11:17 PM.

That's if he can even walk now

on or even for this off season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    on or even for this off season.
    Good! That kid has a future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Even I, Mr. Optimism had hoped but had quickly lost faith for the stupidest of reasons.

Let’s see how far he ascends.

They’re saying it’s just a knee bruise

Thread Information