Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: April 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets - 22-28

Celtics fans swore to you with a straight face that IT was better than Kyrie a couple of years back

At this point, I don't think we could beat the Washington Generals...
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    At this point, I don't think we could beat the Washington Generals...
    ...and they are built to lose!!!

If we aren't going to get make an effort to get a stretch 4/5, we might as well build one.

Keep shooting, JAXSON!!

Bradley Beal to his agent.....

"Mark, under no circumstances will I accept a trade to New Orleans."

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Bradley Beal to his agent.....

"Mark, under no circumstances will I accept a trade to New Orleans."
    "That's a very out of character thing to say, Brad. It's something fans would say in a kneejerk fashion while impersonating you."

Paging donato? Are we still having kne jerk reactions as you said earlier today?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    "That's a very out of character thing to say, Brad. It's something fans would say in a kneejerk fashion while impersonating you."
    I’d rather stay in Washington too

Y'all really expected them to win tonight? Good lord.

2 quality NBA teams now on ESPN. PHX vs Utah

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I’d rather stay in Washington too
    Nothing Beal wants more than to be a on a 18-39 team. I'm so sure.

Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Nothing Beal wants more than to be a on a 18-39 team. I'm so sure.

Christ...
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/02/02...-with-wizards/

https://theundefeated.com/features/w...-finish-in-dc/
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 04-07-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Has Zion said he will die in a Pelicans jersey yet?

You sure like to throw feces on the wall when they lose. High point of your day I assume.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Paging donato? Are we still having kne jerk reactions as you said earlier today?
    Yes. It was a bad loss to arguably the best team in the league. I’ve been full on the tank for most of the season and if this helps us lose more for the betterment of the long-term through a real difference maker in the draft or via trade then good.

We’re not playing good basketball right now. What did you expect with this matchup and starting Bledsoe (still), Johnson, no Kira, Naw, Hart, Ingram against that team on their home court on a back to back?

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    You sure like to throw feces on the wall when they lose. High point of your day I assume.
    S.O.S.Same ole ********. Pretty much sums it up. Shame on me for wanting to win.

S.O.S.Same ole ********. Pretty much sums it up. Shame on me for wanting to win.
    You're right. It is the same ole ****.

This is why I'm just apathetic. Even more so with the injury situation. No Ingram, our best guards are out, We're starting a washed James Johnson with an even more washed IT coming off the bench.

Zion had a bad game for his standards, Lonzo had a Lonzo game by his standards, and this roster isn't very deep.

Add in this defensive scheme being balls and playing a legit title contender on their floor on national TV with KD coming back.

Why should I lose my mind? Writing is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    They can start fitting the rings for the Nets right now. Somebody got in the ear of Harden, Griffin, and Aldridge to dog it until your teams get rid of you, then join the superteam.

Other teams have tried this in the past, but the Nets just perfected it. Small market NBA teams just took another step toward irrelevancy.
    Kyrie, Durant, Aldridge, Griffin, and Harden being able to be on the same team is ridiculous. The NBA cant allow this.
    Small market teams like the Pelicans have no chance of ever winning.
    The NBA will get what they want, a Bklyn vs Lakers final, and I cant wait to watch anything else.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Meh...this loss was expected. Time to check the tankathon website.

That's not what you were saying. You were saying he'd choose them over us especially. Those links say he'll choose Washington over ANYONE.

One is your fabricated deliberate parody and insult. The other is Beal saying the right things. And I'm sure he means it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    You're right. It is the same ole ****.

This is why I'm just apathetic. Even more so with the injury situation. No Ingram, our best guards are out, We're starting a washed James Johnson with an even more washed IT coming off the bench.

Zion had a bad game for his standards, Lonzo had a Lonzo game by his standards, and this roster isn't very deep.

Add in this defensive scheme being balls and playing a legit title contender on their floor on national TV with KD coming back.

Why should I lose my mind? Writing is on the wall.
    This is precisely the attitude you have to have atm I think.

Did anyone come into this game expecting a win, even assuming a good Zion performance? I hope not. So when you get a poor Zion performance as well, why is anyone even remotely surprised or upset that we get blown out? Anyone with a brain expected that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    Celtics fans swore to you with a straight face that IT was better than Kyrie a couple of years back
    People swore to me only a few days ago that he was still a good NBA player :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Meh...this loss was expected. Time to check the tankathon website.
    Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    People swore to me only a few days ago that he was still a good NBA player :shrug:
    He's actually marginally exceeded my expectations. He's not totally basketball dead. I could see him eventually busting out a 30 point game as he is. But...it would be because he got slightly hot from deep and made like five or six 3s.

But...if he's basically playing as good as he can ever play again? I wouldn't be shocked. When you're so tiny, losing what quickness and explosion you had is a death knell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's proven you dead wrong already. He's not "bad at basketball". Just Sayin'

Thread Information