Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: April 5th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 40-39

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Another great perimeter block from Herb!

Basketball.

To anyone else who is being "creative" in how they watch the game. my god the Grizz announcers are as unlikable as the players. What is in the water in Memphis right now???

Pelicans win, securing win 41 of the season and guaranteeing a .500-or-better record for the first time since 2017-18, and only the 3rd time in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    To anyone else who is being "creative" in how they watch the game. my god the Grizz announcers are as unlikable as the players. What is in the water in Memphis right now???
    They've complained so much about ''outlier'' shooting, their own injuries, the fact that it's the second night of a back to back (it is for us too but whatever), it's funny.

We could not have done it without Herb. He carried us until the team figured out how to get BI involved and Trey caught fire.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    We could not have done it without Herb. He carried us until the team figured out how to get BI involved and Trey caught fire.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, i didn't even think my rage post was hyperbole. That's insane that we almost lost and would have been the first team in HISTORY to lose that stupidly.

Herb and Trey in the same draft, at picks 35 and 17 respectively, was daylight robbery I'm afraid.

1. They have got to target big, active, rebounding, shot blocking, feet moving bigs bigs bigs bigs. Either in the draft or off-season. My god what an abyss of a hole that is.

2. This is the stupidest team I've ever witnessed. They challenge minnesota with the stupid decisions.

3. Need to find another Trey-like shooter. Really shoulda went hard after Kennard.

4. Great win and awesome game by Herb. That potential 4-point-foul was on BI.

5. Great win.

Basketball Guru
    this team has to practice inbounding the damn ball...

We do need Zion back if we are going to face this team with Ja Morant.

Joel said he needed change his shirt. I needed to change my consons.

This meme sums up the experience of being a Pels fan

Had to shoot like we were possessed just to make it an OT game. Still so happy for the team we got the W but if I'm Willie I'm concerned for us if we face Mem in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Had to shoot like we were possessed just to make it an OT game. Still so happy for the team we got the W but if I'm Willie I'm concerned for us if we face Mem in the 1st round.
    Well actually, we didn't have to shoot like crazy to get to OT. We shot like hell to get a +6 lead.

What got us to OT was having a collective brain aneurysm on the court - a very different issue.

But yeah, hopefully everyone knows that we need Zion back to be truly competitive at the top end of the league.

Yes he did lmao

Said he didn't see the hook from JJJ from his angle and no one told him to challenge it.

Basketball Guru
    the gameplan on offense going forward has to be to let BI run the offense and have trey shoot ten 3s....

Only the 2nd time ever, and the first time was also today

I'm speechless, i almost broke my hand. We lost so many close games this season with stupid mistakes, but tonight was something special. Yes, we won, that is what it is important, but this is something you don't forget so easy...

Here's something I just checked out of curiosity and am amazed to see.

Trey Murphy (who has played a total of 139 games for the Pelicans, and only 3200 total minutes) is 13th all time in 3P makes for the Pelicans.

This season, he has made 198 3s. If he repeats that next season, he will enter the top 5 in 3P makes in franchise history while still on his rookie deal.

Here's something I just checked out of curiosity and am amazed to see.

Trey Murphy (who has played a total of 139 games for the Pelicans, and only 3200 total minutes) is 13th all time in 3P makes for the Pelicans.

This season, he has made 198 3s. If he repeats that next season, he will enter the top 5 in 3P makes in franchise history while still on his rookie deal.
    So, he might be good at shooting then?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    He's on pace to become the Pels all-time 3 point leader by the time he's 25, which some might argue is pretty cool.

Only player in the NBA to be having a season where he's shooting 60% from 2, 40% from 3, and 90% from the FT line.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I think if you understand advanced statistics you can make a pretty okay argument for him

Have been wondering for a while now.... Can the team keep all 3 of BI, Herb and Trey? And all of them be happy? It feels a bit like one has to go eventually.

Thread Information