Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That is the exact reason I don’t like him. If you aren’t getting the ball, go get a ton of boards. Go get some steals and some blocks. If all the focus is on others, attack hard when it comes to you and get to the line

Look at how many games he had 3 or less boards. 2 or less assists. 2 or less FT attempts. No steals, no blocks, etc.

And now he is gonna come to an even more talented team. You gotta find ways to impact the game without the ball and he doesn’t seem to want to do that
    I think what the team needs offensively is a player who thrives in off ball catch and shoot situations. Someone who is not ball dominant to space the floor and raise our 3pt percentage, which seems like exactly the role Griffin fits into. When it comes to rebounding and defense, he has the size and athleticism to be effective in those aspects, at 19 he is obviously not a finished product but according to reports is a high character player, unselfish, coach's son, etc... that's my guy. Mainly because i want us to have an elite catch and shoot 3 point threat, but also because I believe he has the tools to not be a liability on defense or the glass, and will be a good culture fit.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I think what the team needs offensively is a player who thrives in off ball catch and shoot situations. Someone who is not ball dominant to space the floor and raise our 3pt percentage, which seems like exactly the role Griffin fits into. When it comes to rebounding and defense, he has the size and athleticism to be effective in those aspects, at 19 he is obviously not a finished product but according to reports is a high character player, unselfish, coach's son, etc... that's my guy. Mainly because i want us to have an elite catch and shoot 3 point threat, but also because I believe he has the tools to not be a liability on defense or the glass, and will be a good culture fit.
    Elite playmaking is so much more valuable than a catch and shoot guy. Those guys can be had. You can't manufacture the former.

Guys that make everyone else on court better are so rare and so valuable

Daniels has that in spades
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-12-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Elite playmaking is so much more valuable than a catch and shoot guy. Those guys can be had. You can't manufacture the former.

There is only one ball though, so do you want to take it out of BI/Zion/CJ's hands?

Giddey has all NBA potential. I don't think Daniels has that, but he's still gonna be really, really good

And a far better defender. I haven't seen Giddey make any noise on that end

I would say the argument for Daniels is more multi positional defense than playmaking. He won’t be playmaking a bunch on this team. Even long term. But the rebounding and multi positional defense will make him valuable no matter what
    @mcnamara247

Whoa whoa whoa idk if I’d consider Daniels an elite playmaker yet. He’s a great connector but I’m not certain he can manufacture shots on a consistent basis. Would you have considered Lonzo an elite playmaker?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa idk if I’d consider Daniels an elite playmaker yet. He’s a great connector but I’m not certain he can manufacture shots on a consistent basis. Would you have considered Lonzo an elite playmaker?
    I've not seen Lonzo once collapse the defense and make a great lead pass, so no

Give me one highlight of Lonzo collapsing the defense in a half court offense and I'll show you the primary key of all of the crypto wallets that have ever existed in history
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-12-2022 at 02:56 PM.

I think Daniels is an Ingles level playmaker. Connector who can do some pick and roll. Also great at starting transition. The value is on D, scoring off others actions and rebounding. Like if Ingles and Hart had a baby

I think Daniels is an Ingles level playmaker. Connector who can do some pick and roll. Also great at starting transition. The value is on D, scoring off others actions and rebounding. Like if Ingles and Hart had a baby
    Do you still want Daniels at 8 or have you shifted

My board goes:

1. Chet
    2. Paolo
    3. Sharpe
    4. Jabari
    5. Murray
    6. Ivey
    7. Daniels
    8. Mathurin

So I cant answer that question without knowing who else is there

Sochan 9?

FWIW, in case of a trade down:

9. Sochan
    10. Dieng
    11. Davis
    12. Griffin
    13. Branham

Probably only guys I would consider. Otherwise, I'd trade out of the draft. Slight drop off from 2 to 3. Then another small drop at 5. Another small drop after 7. Another small drop after 10. If given 3 guesses at who could be the best player from this class, I would go with my top 3 - Sharpe, Chet, and Paolo. If asked which 3 definitely wont bust, I would go Chet, Smith, and Murray. If asked to bet on 3 guys who make All Star game, I'd go Chet, Paolo, and Ivey (due to usage and stats)

My mock as of today, based on some things I have heard:

1. Orlando - Smith
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. Hou - Paolo
    4. Sac - Murray
    5. Detroit - Mathurin
    6. Indy - Ivey
    7. Portland - Sharpe
    8. Pelicans - Daniels

Sharpe has been killing it though in some workouts. Could go 4 or 5. Indy really wants to move if Murray is gone. Portland, obviously shopping the pick and both Atlanta and Toronto have been in talks. Toronto would like Mathurin or Daniels. Atlanta loves Ivey. They could also trade Collins to Indy for 6 if he is there.

Could see a lot of things playing out but I think the 3 bigs, Ivey, and Murray are all DEFINITELY gone. The other 2 picks in front of us will be between Mathurin, Daniels, Sharpe, Griffin, Duren, and Davis

FWIW, in case of a trade down:

9. Sochan
    10. Dieng
    11. Davis
    12. Griffin
    13. Branham

Probably only guys I would consider. Otherwise, I'd trade out of the draft. Slight drop off from 2 to 3. Then another small drop at 5. Another small drop after 7. Another small drop after 10. If given 3 guesses at who could be the best player from this class, I would go with my top 3 - Sharpe, Chet, and Paolo. If asked which 3 definitely wont bust, I would go Chet, Smith, and Murray. If asked to bet on 3 guys who make All Star game, I'd go Chet, Paolo, and Ivey (due to usage and stats)
    Surprised your low on Branham
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Low?? Scan the internet and show me how many people have him higher than 13 on their board

Givony has him 13, Tankathon has him 21, Draftroom has him 15, most others betwen 14-17. Only one I can find that has him higher is NBAdraft.net, which has him at 9

Givony has him 13, Tankathon has him 21, Draftroom has him 15, most others betwen 14-17. Only one I can find that has him higher is NBAdraft.net, which has him at 9
    I assumed he would be higher on your personal board over Griffin and Davis.

I have Davis higher because of the defense. Griffin is still an upside play. I would have Branham's floor and median outcome higher I draft for ceiling. Same reason Dieng is higher. I would have Branham's foor and median outcome higher than Dieng

My mock as of today, based on some things I have heard:

1. Orlando - Smith
    2. OKC - Chet
    3. Hou - Paolo
    4. Sac - Murray
    5. Detroit - Mathurin
    6. Indy - Ivey
    7. Portland - Sharpe
    8. Pelicans - Daniels

Sharpe has been killing it though in some workouts. Could go 4 or 5. Indy really wants to move if Murray is gone. Portland, obviously shopping the pick and both Atlanta and Toronto have been in talks. Toronto would like Mathurin or Daniels. Atlanta loves Ivey. They could also trade Collins to Indy for 6 if he is there.

Could see a lot of things playing out but I think the 3 bigs, Ivey, and Murray are all DEFINITELY gone. The other 2 picks in front of us will be between Mathurin, Daniels, Sharpe, Griffin, Duren, and Davis
    Thanks for the tip. I was expecting a team in the top 8 to be in on Duren outside of us. I been hearing Mathurin to Detroit and possibly Sacramento as well. Can't wait for next week, should be fun. Also Mac you got me intrigued on what's about to happen this week. Will probably break my F5 button this week lol

I have Davis higher because of the defense. Griffin is still an upside play. I would have Branham's floor and median outcome higher I draft for ceiling. Same reason Dieng is higher. I would have Branham's foor and median outcome higher than Dieng
    Fair point.

Dont waste your time. This is still just an information building week. Big boards wont even be set for most teams until next Monday or Tuesday. No serious discussions on trades until then too. All you will read about this week is visits and smoke being sent out by teams via reporters that is meant to mislead. Start checking in around next Tuesday, thats when real stuff will begin to set

He isnt your typical play within the team euro. He is an iso scoring guard closer to a Lou Will or Crawford, Clarkson, etc.

A solid player who will be a rotation player in the NBA. Will get buckets. Stroke is pure off the dribble or spot up. Dont know how big of a need any of that is on this Pels team or in Willie's system, but OKC is one of the teams the Pels have spoken to with regard to feeling out what a trade down could look like. In the scenario where the top 7 are gone and Sharpe is there at 8, I still think it is more likely the Pels trade down than take Sharpe.

Would take way more than this guy to be worth it. They'd have to take back Graham too (which opens up the minutes for Micic that he wants). And move up in the 2nd round. And a future 1st.

Somthing like: 8, Graham, 41 for 12, Micic, 34, and that 2023 Washington pick that starts off lotto protected in 2023, but then goes to top 12, then top 10, then top 8 protected. Dont think they'd give up the Houston 2024 pick but that would be the ideal one to get

Good to know that's a trade down option if Sharpe is the one left of the top 8. Mathurin at 5 and Ivey falling to 6 are some unique takes I haven't seen much elsewhere.

He's already 28 and has not been in the NBA. Cannot see him as a significant needle mover in a trade. Would need much more.

He isnt your typical play within the team euro. He is an iso scoring guard closer to a Lou Will or Crawford, Clarkson, etc.

A solid player who will be a rotation player in the NBA. Will get buckets. Stroke is pure off the dribble or spot up. Dont know how big of a need any of that is on this Pels team or in Willie's system, but OKC is one of the teams the Pels have spoken to with regard to feeling out what a trade down could look like. In the scenario where the top 7 are gone and Sharpe is there at 8, I still think it is more likely the Pels trade down than take Sharpe.

Would take way more than this guy to be worth it. They'd have to take back Graham too (which opens up the minutes for Micic that he wants). And move up in the 2nd round. And a future 1st.

Somthing like: 8, Graham, 41 for 12, Micic, 34, and that 2023 Washington pick that starts off lotto protected in 2023, but then goes to top 12, then top 10, then top 8 protected. Dont think they'd give up the Houston 2024 pick but that would be the ideal one to get
    You and Shamit must be talking-

Thread Information