Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 15th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 7-6

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Larry Nance is my new favorite Pelican
    He just fits really nicely here.

Outside of a short stretch of ISOs b/w Ingram and CJ in the 2nd (?) quarter, the offensive flow was night and day to what we have seen in the past few weeks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Could it be that we've taken and made a season high in 3s? Could it be that the other team is missing a 25ppg scorer who shoots 45% from 3? Could it be that CJ is having a bounceback game in efficiency? Could it be the choice not to play Graham mass minutes, and instead go larger with dyson? Could it be that Memphis has missed 8 FTAs?

No. We must be winning because one of our best 2 players is out.
    Yeah the threes made a huge difference, we are last place in 3 point attempts in the NBA which is not good. CJ had himself a game, we gotta get him more catch and shoot looks. Dyson Daniels gives us a good element that this team needs, a hustle guy who can get rebounds and play defense against guards.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenWereHealthy View Post
    When do we start talking about how as soon as Zion goes out with everyone else healthy we recapture the magic we had at the end of last year?
    I was thinking it...but wouldn't dare mention it. Put a Suns Jersey on Memphis and it would be de'ja vu all over again.

Kudos to you!!!

Pels improve to 8-6, win 2 in a row for the first time since we were 2-0.

We're now 4-2 at home, which is always nice to see. Jose continues to prove essential, we got dyson minutes, CJ was efficient for once, Nance rocked, and Trey went 3/6 from deep.

Not much to complain about.
    Basketball.

By far our best game of the year. Please Willie, get Dyson out there more.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenWereHealthy View Post
    Outside of a short stretch of ISOs b/w Ingram and CJ in the 2nd (?) quarter, the offensive flow was night and day to what we have seen in the past few weeks.
    Because we weren't trying to force-feed Zion. This is the Pelicans team I've been waiting to see since last season.

Somebody told CJ it was mid-season thank goodness

God, TNT and ESPN are just addicted to the Nets.

Want to see the team with E.J. Liddell.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I mean, he literally is a kid
    It wasn't a complaint, it was just an observation.

Barkley is making a good point.

Yupp. All 3 are not good together. Essentially is what TNT is saying.

Thus, the inconsistency

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I kinda agree with his observation as well

Thus, the inconsistency
    Which is why we look better in games where one is out injured, like tonight.

There are multiple ways to address the fit problem. We can bring CJ off the bench, or we can have him in more of a catch and shoot role when the other two guys are on the floor. I do think we need to find a way to get more out of Zion on defense and/or the boards.

No he's not. By any stretch of the imagination.

How can you declare things about players that have played what...5 games together? But he doesn't know that because as usual, he has no clue. He doesn't watch this team play.

I really need to follow my own advice and hit the mute button when they talk. Lost another 10 IQ points listening to that drivel.

Thus, the inconsistency
    They had a point but also... CJ/BI/Zion have played how many games together total? Like maybe 10? Maybe give them some time to play together before writing them off as not being good together?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

How can you declare things about players that have played what...5 games together?
    you beat me to it

But of course this board would agree. This is the Gothiest fan forum on the internet.

Or whoever are the kids that wear black and paint tears on their face.

CJ, BI, and Zion (and Jonas) are mediocre to poor perimeter defenders. All three are better offensively when they control the ball. BI and Zion in particular are too similar in too many ways, both in their strengths and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    They had a point but also... CJ/BI/Zion have played how many games together total? Like maybe 10? Maybe give them some time to play together before writing them off as not being good together?
    But I think that’s exactly what they’re saying though…They are not saying that it won’t work out in the future… However, they are saying as of currently

CJ, BI, and Zion (and Jonas) are mediocre to poor perimeter defenders. All three are better offensively when they control the ball. BI and Zion in particular are too similar in too many ways, both in their strengths and weaknesses.
    I've been watching BI on defense and I think he is doing well. His length has been effective. Zion has struggled on the perimeter, and Jonas shouldn't be on the perimeter that's a scheme problem.

But I think that’s exactly what they’re saying though…They are not saying that it won’t work out in the future… However, they are saying as of currently
    Its not really fair to compare them to the golden state trio who has played hundreds of games together and these guys are just starting out together.

They are currently 8 - 6 after starting the year with 8 of 11 on the road. And not exactly against teams like Detroit and Orlando. And lost 3 of losses games in OT. One a miracle L at L.A.

What record should they have right now?

Thread Information