Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marc Gasol heading our way?

Rumor Marc Gasol heading our way?

I don't really know if Fletch is a good source

But I wouldn't hate it, if it was a decent deal and very short term. Would not want to give him a 3 or 4 year deal at all, and wouldn't want to give him big money. His decline is obvious.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't really know if Fletch is a good source

But I wouldn't hate it, if it was a decent deal and very short term. Would not want to give him a 3 or 4 year deal at all, and wouldn't want to give him big money. His decline is obvious.
    He's either going to try and get one last payday or re-up for a repeat. I honestly wouldn't mind him at the right price because he would come off the books at the right time. He is a little long in the tooth though

Original source not from Fletch. Does Fletch speak Spanish?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Fletch barely speaks English.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    He's either going to try and get one last payday or re-up for a repeat. I honestly wouldn't mind him at the right price because he would come off the books at the right time. He is a little long in the tooth though
    I agree, that's probably the case.

The fact that he's older is part of why I wouldn't want him long term. Not only would it mess with long term cap, but he's going to be 35 pretty soon. Signing him to a deal any longer than about 2 years is basically asking for him to ruin value by the end of it.

No but Fletch is the original source. The Spanish article is going off Fletch's rumor and it said nothing. Just speculated that the Pels might be interested in Gasol.

They're not going with anything, both of the articles are just reporting the rumor and citing Fletch as the source. So consider the source but Fletch has been pretty hit or miss, more miss than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Floyd View Post
    They're not going with anything, both of the articles are just reporting the rumor and citing Fletch as the source. So consider the source but Fletch has been pretty hit or miss, more miss than anything.
    Correct Tim, by the way I thought you were a good coach at UNO!

I will say that this is an entirely new front office that could at least possibly be leaking things. Dell was a Pops guy so it was like the iron curtain but it appears Griff may be okay with leaking certain things. I'm not sure if Fletch is his guy and some of those leaks might be for smoke purposes and to gauge interest.

FLetch sure has been posting a lot of stuff lately with apparent inside sources. Has he been right on anything lately? I haven't been keeping track.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I will say that this is an entirely new front office that could at least possibly be leaking things. Dell was a Pops guy so it was like the iron curtain but it appears Griff may be okay with leaking certain things. I'm not sure if Fletch is his guy and some of those leaks might be for smoke purposes and to gauge interest.

FLetch sure has been posting a lot of stuff lately with apparent inside sources. Has he been right on anything lately? I haven't been keeping track.
    According to Fletch, AD was getting traded to Boston for Tatum, Smart, and pick 14.

My key targets for a big man is Lopez for 3 years.

If we want to go big we go for Vicevic.

Gasol would be a solid 1-2 year option.

In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    According to Fletch, AD was getting traded to Boston for Tatum, Smart, and pick 14.
    That would have happened. You can thank Rich Paul for blocking it. Probably better off with Lakers deal.

That would have happened. You can thank Rich Paul for blocking it. Probably better off with Lakers deal.
    Sure, it could have happened. The point was that Fletch said it WOULD happen, and in fact he even gave a date he said it would be done by, and it didn't. So he was wrong, and the point therefore is that he is liable to report things as likely when it's largely just guesswork.

The other day Fletch was wanting us to trade for Kevin Love who might have one of the worst contracts out there at the moment. He seems to just throw crap at the wall hoping something sticks. I don’t trust his info all that much.

Gasol will likely take his player option though at $25.6 million. He won’t come anywhere close to that next year in a new deal. I might take him on a 1 to 2 year deal, but if I’m gonna spend some money I rather a younger veteran. He’s still gonna demand a hefty amount being that he’s 7 foot stretch 5 with some passing skills.

I'm out on Fletch.

Not a rumor. It is another Fletcher tweet that others are picking up as a source.

Honestly if it comes from any local reporter it’s probably just a guess I wouldn’t put to much into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If it's fletch then this means nothing to me. But I would actually really like this. He's getting up there in age so please nothing long term but I think he fits in here.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    If it's fletch then this means nothing to me. But I would actually really like this. He's getting up there in age so please nothing long term but I think he fits in here.
    I think he would be too expensive. He will be 35 soon and would have to turn down a $24 million PO to become a FA. Personally I think he stays in Toronto.

Pau is more likely than Marc IMO

I feel like Gasol or Ibaka have good chances of coming our way. Something has to happen there if they resign Kawhi.

We are in a very intriguing position. Lots of teams priming for a run with the Ws down. There will also be a few teams collapsing midway through the season when those dreams crash down.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I feel like Gasol or Ibaka have good chances of coming our way. Something has to happen there if they resign Kawhi.

We are in a very intriguing position. Lots of teams priming for a run with the Ws down. There will also be a few teams collapsing midway through the season when those dreams crash down.
    And THIS is when we'll make our move.

Thread Information