Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Ingram?????

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He isn’t the best small forward under 25 but yes he is the best one on the pels lol
    So who is better ?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    So who is better ?
    Jayson Tatum.
    Basketball.

Tatum can't playmake

Ingram has being playing point for the Lakers with success

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Tatum can't playmake

Ingram has being playing point for the Lakers with success
    Ingram can't shoot. Tatum has been shooting for Boston with success.

You can do the comparison with basically every individual skill, and Tatum wins most of them. Most importantly, he plays better winning basketball, and all of the advanced statistics back that up. Tatum wasn't exactly a dynamo in his second year, but he was still better than Ingram was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Ingram can't shoot. Tatum has been shooting for Boston with success.

You can do the comparison with basically every individual skill, and Tatum wins most of them. Most importantly, he plays better winning basketball, and all of the advanced statistics back that up. Tatum wasn't exactly a dynamo in his second year, but he was still better than Ingram was.
    Ingram shot super well in the games before his clot

Tatum went out with a whimper

So who is better ?
    Off the top of my head Tatum but I’ll give you a full list when I get off work

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I really really do think a lot of that was because he was in LA and freaking hated it, environment means a lot
    Maybe it does. Maybe it's 100% the entire reason he was bad so far in his career. That doesn't allow people to claim he's something he's not though (best SF under 25). Hopefully a new environment will really change him up and allow him to reach his potential.

We can all acknowledge his past wasn't good and still look forward to the future.

For an 11 game span, sure. I don't personally like to make a habit of judging players on sample sizes that small: as I've pointed out before, if you just judge E'twaun Moore by the first 15 games of this season, he's an elite roleplayer shooting 50% from three and averaging damn near 20 points a game.

Tatum shot 40+% from three his entire rookie year, and still averaged 38% last year despite the disappointment.

"Ingram shot super well before his CAREER THREATENING INJURY"

Yeah... Totally strengthens the argument for Ingram that...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    "Ingram shot super well before his CAREER THREATENING INJURY"

Yeah... Totally strengthens the argument for Ingram that...
    It's not career threatening though. Where did you come up with that

It's not career threatening though. Where did you come up with that
    If he gets another blood clot his career is over. That's about as career threatening as you can get outside of an actual career ending injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If he gets another blood clot his career is over. That's about as career threatening as you can get outside of an actual career ending injury.
    It's not something that's recurring

Jayson Tatum.
    Ok and besides Tatum? Is Ingram second best?

For an 11 game span, sure. I don't personally like to make a habit of judging players on sample sizes that small: as I've pointed out before, if you just judge E'twaun Moore by the first 15 games of this season, he's an elite roleplayer shooting 50% from three and averaging damn near 20 points a game.

Tatum shot 40+% from three his entire rookie year, and still averaged 38% last year despite the disappointment.
    I don't like small sample sizes either, but for a guy who's just turned 21 I'm willing to run with it

Even the best doctors cannot guarantee that. They are hoping that the surgery is successful in ensuring that, but there are no guarantees.

I am not a doctor but my understanding is once you've had one blood clot you have an increased risk of having another:

"If you’ve had one VTE, there is a chance of recurrent venous thromboembolism, or the formation of a new clot that travels to the lungs."

I'm sure it's far more complex than that but there is an increased risk.

I am a physician, and from everything I've seen written about Ingram's blood clot, it appears that this was a structural issue (thoracic outlet syndrome) that caused blood to clot in his arm where the circulation was slowed due to compression of a blood vessel in that area. He should not be at any more risk for a blood clot now that the structural abnormality has been fixed. There has been no mention that Ingram has a genetic tendency to develop blood clots, so he is not expected to have a long-term problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    I am a physician, and from everything I've seen written about Ingram's blood clot, it appears that this was a structural issue (thoracic outlet syndrome) that caused blood to clot in his arm where the circulation was slowed due to compression of a blood vessel in that area. He should not be at any more risk for a blood clot now that the structural abnormality has been fixed. There has been no mention that Ingram has a genetic tendency to develop blood clots, so he is not expected to have a long-term problem with this.
    Thanks for the explanation. It’s good to hear that!

So who is better ?
    Tatum
    Luka doncic, he plays both small forward and shooting guard

That’s all I got

I love Ingram. His ISO abilities makes him a huge weapon for this team. He’s a great bailout option as he can get off any shot he wants and at any time. The only thing missing in his offensive game is obviously a respected deepball. I think he’s going to average 3.5 -4 attempts a game in Gentry’s offense. Hopefully it’s hovers over 35% which I think is reasonable for him.

Ingram just seem to have the most upside. I can't possibly believe that he'll remain a 200 lb string bean his whole career. I also believe once he adds weight and becomes stronger, you'll see a new demension to his game.

Ingram is only 20 and had an amazing jumper in college, it’ll return. Plus getting away from dumpsters LA will make him better like DLo and randle

Mechanical induced blood clot or not... If he gets another clot by mechanical or cardiovascular related. He is on blood thinner for the foreseeable future.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I slept at a Holiday Inn...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Mechanical induced blood clot or not... If he gets another clot by mechanical or cardiovascular related. He is on blood thinner for the foreseeable future.
    I am a physician...

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post

Thread Information