Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jake Madison is everything wrong with the Old Pels

Please never mention him here again
    I actually respect this LMAO.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Believing people on message boards are insiders is akin to believing professional wrestling is real. You don’t have to believe (I don’t) that MM actually has all the knowledge/info/relationships of an NBA Insider to be entertained/informed by his posts. You could listen to multiple podcasts daily, have a well curated NBA twitter feed, and scan Reddit, and come to the same conclusions/conjecture. Or you can just follow MMs posts and save the time because he did the work for you.

Probably don't mean much but Sochan liked a tweet from his Burner account saying he wants to be a Pelican and was spotted today with the FO so MM message right now is perfect timing regarding players wanting to be here. Only wish I knew who was all battling it out now but I won't be greedy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Believing people on message boards are insiders is akin to believing professional wrestling is real. You don’t have to believe (I don’t) that MM actually has all the knowledge/info/relationships of an NBA Insider to be entertained/informed by his posts. You could listen to multiple podcasts daily, have a well curated NBA twitter feed, and scan Reddit, and come to the same conclusions/conjecture. Or you can just follow MMs posts and save the time because he did the work for you.
    Wrestling is real idiot. It's real to me dammit!

Hmm �� so apparently it was Griffin, Hardy, Sochan so far what I gathered. My detective work continues!!!

I?m thinking mathurin is going to be the one. I?m not buying the ?nobody likes sharpe? in the top 7 thing.

Sochan is the one prospect I've really hoped they don't draft. I think FV is good at his job, but dude isn't a miracle worker, and Sochan can't shoot at all. I don't even see potential there. How good do we think he can be defensively? Is he going to be better than Herb?

Maybe if we trade down and there's other assets/players things involved... but straight up I don't see the appeal to drafting this dude. He's certainly not someone I would target. More of a settle for kind of guy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Sochan is the one prospect I've really hoped they don't draft. I think FV is good at his job, but dude isn't a miracle worker, and Sochan can't shoot at all. I don't even see potential there. How good do we think he can be defensively? Is he going to be better than Herb?

Maybe if we trade down and there's other assets/players things involved... but straight up I don't see the appeal to drafting this dude. He's certainly not someone I would target. More of a settle for kind of guy IMO.
    Most players take years before they become an adequate defender. Herb for example is 23.

Sochan is an incredible defender at only 18-19 years old. His defense is incredible for his age and will only get better.

Sochan moves incredibly well laterally and can guard 1-5. VERY curious about his potential as a small ball 5.

His shot needs work definitely. But it's not unfixable, he shot 35% from 3 until about half way through the year. If he can shoot 35% in the NBA and lives up to his defensive potential he'd be an ALL-STAR imo.

That 35% is an incredibly selective and small sample size based on a relatively low number of attempts. I’ve watched dude shoot, and I don’t see any real potential to turn him into a 35% 3pt shooter in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    Most players take years before they become an adequate defender. Herb for example is 23.

Sochan is an incredible defender at only 18-19 years old. His defense is incredible for his age and will only get better.

Sochan moves incredibly well laterally and can guard 1-5. VERY curious about his potential as a small ball 5.

His shot needs work definitely. But it's not unfixable, he shot 35% from 3 until about half way through the year. If he can shoot 35% in the NBA and lives up to his defensive potential he'd be an ALL-STAR imo.
    If Pels don't think Sochan can play small ball 5 AND eventually shoot at least 34% from 3-pt line on C&S 3s...they should NOT consider drafting him.

Herb shot under 34% from 3. He shot 30% post ASB.

Not a guy we want? Wouldn’t take another, bigger Herb?

Weighing that one little percentage so much is crazy to me. Especially for a guy who would be a lower volume guy.
    @mcnamara247

The fact that there is a run on not wanting Sharpe on here, just makes me want to have the Pels draft him more. You guys are awesome in your reasoning but this board as whole has a bad history of overhyping the wrong players around draft time. Not a bad thing. It?s majority luck anyway with the NBA but you know? Pels Life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to see the Pels take Sharpe, but I gotta think that him cancelling his visit means…unless we trade up…he knows he’ll be gone by the time we pick.

Having said that, maybe there’s an Insider around here who has a better explanation as to why the cancellation could mean good news for the Pels chances of drafting Sharpe.

Maybe he cancelled because he knows the Pels aren’t really interested. Or at least the guy up top definitely isn’t. Maybe that guy wanted to see him in a specific setting and other teams didn’t request that so the guy declined on second thought

Just a maybe

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Herb shot under 34% from 3. He shot 30% post ASB.

Not a guy we want? Wouldn’t take another, bigger Herb?

Weighing that one little percentage so much is crazy to me. Especially for a guy who would be a lower volume guy.
    I actually hope the Pels take Sochan...& you need to dig a bit deeper on Herb's % on shooting from 3-pt distance for the year. (And notice how I phrased that in order to get a true reading on how Herb shot from 3-pt distance this year...a strange year for Herb, from 3-pt distance.

Maybe he cancelled because he knows the Pels aren’t really interested. Or at least the guy up top definitely isn’t. Maybe that guy wanted to see him in a specific setting and other teams didn’t request that so the guy declined on second thought

Just a maybe
    Man, thanks for the insight. But, if that’s the case, don’t you think Griff needs to be a better poker player if Sharpe’s camp has enough intel to believe a trip to NOLA would be a waste of time? Griff can’t keep his tongue in check long enough to meet with the kid face to face?

Maybe he cancelled because he knows the Pels aren?t really interested. Or at least the guy up top definitely isn?t. Maybe that guy wanted to see him in a specific setting and other teams didn?t request that so the guy declined on second thought

Just a maybe
    An interview with Sharpe was always going to be way more important than watching him workout.

There is a team directly in front of the Pels that is very interested in trading down. Pels are being very intentional about what’s known publicly and what’s being put out there about who they wouldn’t and would draft to avoid someone jumping in front of them to take the player they want.

Just a maybe
    Hard pass on the kid who declines the interview, I could care less the setting.

Something just not right with Sharpe. Red flags all over the place.

I’ve come back around on AJ Griffin. He’s a better prospect than Tyler Herro was coming out and we still need another elite level 3pt shooter. Assuming there isn’t a medical red flag, I’d be thrilled with AJ as the pick.

Big week! (behind the scenes, with teams having final meetings with players and finalizing player rankings and preparing for different draft-day scenarios). That seems to be the intended, implied meaning, based on the context.

But AusPel, I could see how you would get excited about that. Glad we all learned not to assume or jump to conclusions, and even to ask more directly if exact clarification is needed, within reason.

As a sign of your evolution, AusPel please change your profile pic / avatar! O.G. Jameer Nelson gonna copyright this board for posting in his likeness

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Probably don't mean much but Sochan liked a tweet from his Burner account saying he wants to be a Pelican and was spotted today with the FO so MM message right now is perfect timing regarding players wanting to be here. Only wish I knew who was all battling it out now but I won't be greedy lol.
    Is this a real thing? Lol, you have a link? How did they know it's his burner account?

Just a maybe

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    Hard pass on the kid who declines the interview, I could care less the setting.

Something just not right with Sharpe. Red flags all over the place.
    It's 'couldnt care less'

And again, MANY players have snubbed workouts, declined to give medical info, etc. Many. And many who turned out to be good players. Good people. If he had worked out for us and was dying to go to us and passed up interviews with Indy and Portland, would they be red flags or would we love the kid because he is trying to get himself to drop to us?

People should never forget it's smokescreen season and if something goes out it's for serving an agenda.

Prospecst usually avoid teams work-outs in their lower range mostly because they assume that at their pick they will have no doubt to select them and they are afraid that such work-outs will get the word out that they're slipping so some teams will try to trade down instead of taking them at their current spot (so lesser salary for them in their first contract).

Teams in the mean time are angling to get easily the prospect they covet so they tend to leak story about how the prospect underperfom in some interview or drill.

There's nothing less reliable than info coming in the week before the draft, better be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Great, now I feel like I've been a dick but I haven't
    Maybe you didn't mean to be, but.....
    You turned your impressions and hopes into an attack because you did not receive the info you wanted or in a timely manner.
    This is all fun and speculation no matter your name on this board.
    You want answers then watch Thursday.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Thread Information